Dragon Horns skin dyeing

cryorion.9532

It is a bit disappointing that you cannot dye glowing parts of Dragon Horn skin that was released today on gemstore.https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/63e14MTX_DragonCrown.pngYou can see on this picture (yellow guy on the left), it looks like glowing part, but the in-game skin has only one dye channel and it doesn't glow at all.I think the best would be if Dragon Horns skin had exact dye-ability and look like Enchanted Dragon Crown, just without the circlet.

@"Linken.6345" said:Maybe check the bug section before starting a new thread is a good idea?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53972/bug-enchanted-dragon-crown-dye-channel#latest

I believe it's not the bug mentioned in the thread you quoted. To elaborate, the Enchanted Dragon Crown has 4 dye channels, two of which affects the glow on the horn and on the eye pendant (of the circlet) respectively. On the other hand, the Dragon Horn and the Dragon Cirlet skins only have 1 dye channel and no glow animation. OP asked to have animations added for these two lesser skins and consequently, an additional dye channel dedicated for the glow.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:Maybe check the bug section before starting a new thread is a good idea?

I believe it's not the bug mentioned in the thread you quoted. To elaborate, the Enchanted Dragon Crown has 4 dye channels, two of which affects the glow on the horn and on the eye pendant (of the circlet) respectively. On the other hand, the Dragon Horn and the Dragon Cirlet skins only have 1 dye channel and no glow animation. OP asked to have animations added for these two lesser skins and consequently, an additional dye channel dedicated for the glow.

Yes, exactly. You can see here (first picture): https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/keep-your-edge-with-an-enchanted-dragon-crown-and-shattered-cathedral-glider/that the Dragon Horns skin (guy on the left) has yellow glow, meanwhile ingame skin doesn't have this effect at all.

@cryorion.9532 said:It is a bit disappointing that you cannot dye glowing parts of Dragon Horn skin that was released today on gemstore.

You can only dye them in the combined version (horns and circlet).

P.S. At least I can. Not sure why there would be a dye channel bug that is affecting only a few... perhaps it's a graphic issue related to Windows 10, which wouldn't surprise me. ;)

Edit: Okay, just read the linked bug thread. Apparently, it depends on race and gender? That's truly a weird bug then.

I must admit I was a little disappointed the circlet-less version of the dragon horns didn't have at least 2 dye channels, but I'm still extremely happy with this package. As soon as I saw it in the gemstore today I was over the moon because I've been waiting for something this amazing for my necromancer for AGES! Then realized it would also suit my fire-djinn themed fire elementalist. Best 500 gems ever spent!

Props to whoever at Anet made these beautiful creations. They're AMAZING looking skins!!!

Archived