Invisible enemies in fractals

Radon.6710

I thought someone already reported it but i couldn't find a post about it so:

In T4 fracs and CMs (not sure if anywhere else) to me and my group happens daily, that we are quite literally missing enemies. Only thing that is shown is their hitbox that we have to target with tab button usually. We cannot se their animations or anything. Happened multiple times on Arkk for example but it happened a lot on other bosses like Skorvald or MAMA. Also in Twilight Oasis at last boss some people from my group either couldn't see her at all, or animation showed that she just stood there without doing anything but attacks were still happening.

I got gw2 on SSD and it happened to me few times as well but i guess not as many times as to other members of my group.

Please fix this ASAP because its super annoying, makes me want to quit fractals when this happens.

@"Sweal.4659" said:

@Madara.7435 said:ever tried to restart the game for fix?if you have a SSD then this should not take more time than a few sec

So fix is restarting a game every fractal? How about Anet fixes this like... properly.

What I meant was a workaround until Anet fixes it. Surely restarting the game all the time cant be a long term fix. Less salt would be appreciated.

Arkk is invisible for me about 8 out of 10 days, and has been so for quite some time. Actually surprised to find only this thread on the forums about it and that it hasn't been fixed by now.

Restarting the game usually fixes it, but it is quite annoying to have to tell your CM group to gg and wait for you to restart.Most of the time it goes fine with the boss being invisible, although it obviously affects my performance, especially considering the fast Cone Wave oneshot, which is only telegraphed in the bosses animation can be quite annoying since it's coming instantly out of nowhere (not the one following a player). Plus with Arkk teleporting on and off the platform, it's sometimes hard to tell when the boss is actually there in addition to targeting/positioning difficulties.

Increasing numbers of other mobs in other Fractals have been becoming occasionally invisible as well, but I don't recall it happening on any other bosses than (CM) Arkk. Although things like the illusions before Siax in 99CM have been invisible on occasion as well.

Hoping this gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Nvm, found other threads about it as well. I should also note that usually it's at least 2-3 players, sometimes 4 or the entire party that is affected in my daily runs. So it's not exactly a strange outlier.

• 2 months later...

HelloPlease put an end to this misery already!It might have started with Arkk in 100CM, like 2 seasons ago, if i remember correctly with the big mesmer changes. Yesterday - for me for the first time - it happened to Mai'Trin, after the 75% phase and for "The Voice" in Deepstone after the 66% phase too! Mai'Trin and The Voice were visible at start and disappeared after phasing. Slowly getting frustrated with this...I'm on an i5-3570k, 16gig ram, win7x64, samsung evo 850 ssd, gigabyte gtx1080

@"castillle.5248" said:The only time this has happened to me is if a group wipes way too much. They never turned invis for me during the first 5 attempts.

It also happens with mobs that spawn and despawn regularly. Like Arkk. At one point, model just doesnt load anymore and the nameplate gets stuck on its last loaded position.

Sorry, never happened to me personally, but the other 3 people I run nearly daily fractals with have had this happen quite often. Thats what we summed up, and no, we dont wipe "often" or... at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Player's a avantar(s) too. The effected player won't be able to see warning indicators e.g. Corporeal Reassignment etc. which leads to unnecessary wipes(in CM). Restarting the game client in attempt to fix the problem and hope the problem won't reoccur after login is tiring. Fustrating because there seems to be no end to this problem as it's still reoccuring and there's no news for a fix from dev. Really appreciate if we can get a reply regarding this issue :smile:.

The dev who responds the most often about all things fractals (and raids), u/Anet_ben is investigating. It's apparently a challenging one to track down.

The most recent comment I found was about 2 months ago:https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9e1gff/invisible_enemies_in_fractals/e5metdt/(He's usually more chatty; a lack of comments usually means he's found something "interesting" to track down.)

See also:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53875/arkk-cm-end-boss (a similar thread)

Archived