Enemy whisper

Senji.2048

@Blocki.4931 said:Unless they make the blocklist completely invisible there is no way to change this. This would however remove the option to unblock somebody.

Quick and maybe naive solution: there could be a time limit (let's say 30min) before the blocked person name appears on the block list. I know it requires some additional logic, but would solve the problem.

@Turk.5460 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Angry whispers are PvP's version of an admission of defeat

That and corpse jumping and tombstoning. You know you've made someone super salty and angry when they hop on your corpse or throw down siege. After that you just do it right back to them and then the whispers/blocks start flowing right in. Feels so good!

I find ignoring it gets much better results. I don't jump on someone just because they jump on me because players who do that are only looking to get a rise out of you. I find it much more satisfying to imagine their frustration when I defeat them unfazed and walk away as though I've forgotten who they are. Of course, just because I imagine that doesn't make it true, but neither does jumping on someone and imagining how mad they must be. The only confirmation you can get is if the player states it directly. I've seen plenty of players get taunted and not lose their cool despite the claims of the tauntee's.

As for the subject of the OPSince you can friend someone and said person can then transfer (or you can), it would make it a lot more difficult to stay in contact with those friends if blocking -> whispering weren't an option (although yes, you can also still party enemy players).

It's definitely a strange feature and I'm unsure of how they would change it if ever they were to do so, but I don't think it's a bug. Just because I say that doesn't mean it's true however. It may just be something that began as a bug but ANet let slide because they felt it wasn't causing problems.

@Turk.5460 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Angry whispers are PvP's version of an admission of defeat

That and corpse jumping and tombstoning. You know you've made someone super salty and angry when they hop on your corpse or throw down siege. After that you just do it right back to them and then the whispers/blocks start flowing right in. Feels so good!

Esp after you whooped them so many times and you get steamrolled by their group and they jump on you like they themselves actually beat you,lol.

Someone had an idea on here about those people (as a revenge thing who jump/tombstone on you) is to bring candy corn and eat until you puke on their body. Havent tried it yet but it was kind of a funny thought

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"LetoII.3782" said:Angry whispers are PvP's version of an admission of defeat

Esp after you whooped them so many times and you get steamrolled by their group and they jump on you like they themselves actually beat you,lol.

This happens to me after I finally get caught by the "roaming" guilds (who run comp to fight unorganized pugs) after they've chased me for an hour while I pick off one of their members every now and then. Like, every single time haha. Those guys can't fathom losing.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"LetoII.3782" said:Angry whispers are PvP's version of an admission of defeat

This happens to me after I finally get caught by the "roaming" guilds (who run comp to fight unorganized pugs) after they've chased me for an hour while I pick off one of their members every now and then. Like, every single time haha. Those guys can't fathom losing.

Thats another way of knowing you are doing a good job

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

Since you can friend someone and said person can then transfer (or you can), it would make it a lot more difficult to stay in contact with those friends if blocking -> whispering weren't an option (although yes, you can also still party enemy players).

Thanks for answer. Now I see I wasn't specific enough in my question. I don't mind being able to whisper an enemy once I know his/her name. But what I consider a bug is the possibility to get the name by blocking him first and then start whispering.

Maybe Anet let it slide, maybe they ignore it, or maybe don't even know about it. Won't keep my hopes up it can change.

Archived