Firebrand Condi support?

cesmode.4257

Is there a build or can someone help me with a condi support build? Ive googled, nothing really tickling my fancy.

I think I actually have the build set, Im just not sure on the gear. While I save for ascended armor, I am currently running carrion. This is fine DPS wise (feels a bit squishy tbh), but falls short when I need to pop out of Justice to provide heals or prot/resistances.

Any ideas?

The idea stat combo doesn't exist for armor... Condi, Vitality(or Toughness), Healing Power.

Thoughts?

Primarily running T2 fractals (soon to be T3), open world, etc. My guild needs a firebrand for wvw, but I don't want to simply run total tank and support either.

Plaguedoctor is the stat combo you are looking for. It comes from Kourna, or trinkets from Sandswept.

Seraph (Lake Doric) is better for DPS and has just as much healing. You can mix/match the two to balance your DPS/Vitality needs.

Shaman stats are core so you can buy on the TP as a temporary set; you'll lose some condi and theres no concentration but you gain healing. This page a list of all healing stat combos in fact: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Power

Don't bother. These kind of hybrids usually fall flat in endgame content.

If you are about to start doing T3 fractals you will experience a jump in difficulty. Difference in difficulty between T2 and T3 is probably most obvious and I wouldn't recommend a build that does two things but poorly.

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:Just for something else to look at, this is what I use. This version has Honor instead of Radiance for the support:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNArfWl0AhmhY5QwbIQTELWEGWA4Ask2Pntz5ZWGo8sAA-jRiAQBOVfQ0OBAnVZAAeCAzY/h+dIAwq6PoRpXSVCSIgFLAA-e

Ill take a look, thanks.

Coming from maining a reaper for a while, I have noticed that when I bring my firebrand into groups I do have a tougher time overall as well as the group does (that could be dumb PUG luck). But reapers are dime a dozen, have a second life basically in death shroud and can literally ignore a ton of agony) and have ridiculous burst aoe cleave making a lot of fights super easy.

I kept track of how many core, and elite specs were brought into fractals with me for a few weeks. Reaper was #1. Scourge was high on the list too. I wanted to bring something different.

Not sure if Ill stick it out with my FB in fractals. I do enjoy it, the job gets done. I just wonder if it'll be as tough for any non-meta class (chrono/druid/dpsdpsdps)

Go full support or full DPS, not Hybrid, absolutely not with vitality/tougness or celestial trinkets.Seraph and harrier are great, but you are support, with quickness, heals, aegis... support skills and traits, not DPS.Sure, you can adapt; you can take DPS skills and traits if support is not needed. Inverted if you are DPS.

And if you want to go support, please, PLEASE, ask to your group and don't make it akward in with random PUG : seraph FB, minstrel chrono, harrier druid, seraph scourge, AFK /selfish war... and no dps.But please, people who wants to do pve group content and read theses mixed builds, stop mixing Celestial, vitality etc everywhere ... You're underperforming in all roles.

@"cesmode.4257" said:

Coming from maining a reaper for a while, I have noticed that when I bring my firebrand into groups I do have a tougher time overall as well as the group does (that could be dumb PUG luck). But reapers are dime a dozen, have a second life basically in death shroud and can literally ignore a ton of agony) and have ridiculous burst aoe cleave making a lot of fights super easy.

If you are talking about T2 its because in T2 playing anything other than full dps guardian actually makes party as whole worse off.(this speaks volumes about class identity)

In T3 and T4 hybrid guardian simply wont work. Guardian is already designed as a class that does everything "ok" but not great. In order to bring anything of consequence to the group you will need to specialize or else you wont be contributing and the team will be as whole worse off.

Ugh this is so disappointing. Ive been all in on my FB for a week or two now, Ive spent some karma and vol magic on plaguedoctors recipes. I havent crafted anything other than the time gated ascended mats. Holding off.

I really wanted to make this work...I dont care about the meta. If I don't go through with a plaguedoc guardian, I'll probably consider staff/pp daredevil or something else. I simply don't care about the top uber easy dps. But at the same time I dont want to be a detriment because in the end, it prolongs the fractal run for myself too.

So ya'll are saying: Don't go plaguedoctor for T2/T3 fractals? Cant prioritize DPS and swap to book 2/3 to heal up group a bit? Currently have no plans for T4 but maybe at some point.

@"cesmode.4257" said:Ugh this is so disappointing. Ive been all in on my FB for a week or two now, Ive spent some karma and vol magic on plaguedoctors recipes. I havent crafted anything other than the time gated ascended mats. Holding off.

I really wanted to make this work...I dont care about the meta. If I don't go through with a plaguedoc guardian, I'll probably consider staff/pp daredevil or something else. I simply don't care about the top uber easy dps. But at the same time I dont want to be a detriment because in the end, it prolongs the fractal run for myself too.

So ya'll are saying: Don't go plaguedoctor for T2/T3 fractals? Cant prioritize DPS and swap to book 2/3 to heal up group a bit? Currently have no plans for T4 but maybe at some point.

It's a dilemma: not all FB damage is condi and adding healing into the mix requires yet further stat spreading. Playing around with it, this looks like it might be a viable combo, with high (85%) burn duration, but still some Power and HP:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNArfWl0AhmhY5QwbIQTEL+DWWSoCtDsCAVg60+FtjOSB-jBiAQBwY/BbqEEoq/0vDBAAeCAQ7EAMV9BgU5HA-e

for wvw here are some theory crafted builds I made. im in the same boat as you, full support gets boring!support burnshttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAW7ensADtChlBBOCDkCjlHCbveuPDoZng4z9BLA0AySA-jlCDQBSZ/hepDwkKBdhmhto0DAPAgdo+TGVGEgjAwEuIAkCwvZWA-wcele radiance hybrid burnshttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7en8ABtChVBBOCDkCjlBCzKAUtaT7N0JaGN7AtgeQA-jVCDABTcRA8S5HAPAA4U/hgjAw97P4imBR0BYoSQSB4nON-w

go ahead and change out the spirit weapons if you don't like em. I would only run the cele one if youre the second fb in a party (or if you both run it).

One thing to note.

Firebrand doesn't have targeted healing. Which means that you will have to run around to heal people. You will have to almost constantly reposition yourself depending on how your team members move. I have around 1200 healing power on my FB, and that still isn't enough to cover worst case scenarios that happen due to bad active defenses done by other players or me. I'm sorry but any FB build that has under 1000 healing power is a waste of stats. Rather let someone else take the role

What i'm trying to say is that healing and support is a full time job. You wont really have time to switch between your dps mode and healing/support mode. Pick one and stick with it. Honestly, I started playing support/healer FB and never looked back. Its a great class and whats most important you don't have to stress whether or not your party will find a healer or support.

What i'm trying to say is that healing and support is a full time job. You wont really have time to switch between your dps mode and healing/support mode. Pick one and stick with it. Honestly, I started playing support/healer FB and never looked back. Its a great class and whats most important you don't have to stress whether or not your party will find a healer or support.

Agree, im also running full minstrel build with monk or durability rune in t4, ( depend on team comp), so far it goes so smoothly and people are also feel amazing about FB.Instead of increase condi dps, i'd rather to use book 1 as cc skill. Recently I try to cover the entire group, give them boons and healing. Im really surprised that anet enhance guardian so much that you can take 4 dps class with you for all 5 ppls content.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to go the plaguedoctor route I still go dps. My build

This is close to what Im running. I have the back piece and an accessory in trailblazer though because I dont want to use laurels on trinkets right now. It loses a bit dmg compared to full trailblazer+renegade runes since expertise also boost bleeding dmg but it gains a load of HP/boon duration and some healing power. Its more survivable than full trailblazer and doesnt draw aggro from the tank by having high toughness. Vitality is good against all forms of attacks including condition dmg.

Archived