Need suggestions on a build

Sylent.3165

I keep trying this game and failing, I think because I never really found a class that fully fit my playstyle in games. Maybe someone can recommend a build for me?

I am looking for something that I can help players with a lot, provide healing and boons. But that's while I'm playing with a group, I also solo a lot so want something that can also do very well in solo fights and champions if no one else is around.

I tried a staff power daredevil, I did well solo but felt like I wasn't a massive help for open world events.

I tried a tablet rev with staff with power healing and precision. I loved my support but going in fights solo I just couldn't stay alive to kill things as it took me so long.

I tried mirage (just not my class I sucked with it pretty bad after lots of practice).

Tried a guardian but I'm not very good at the game so had a hard time staying alive.

I'm not sure what else to try, any suggestions?

Just checking you know about dodging, reading the enemy moves, and how to use 'CC' (stuns/blinds etc) to avoid being spread thinly across the ground?

I've played with all classes, there is generally a little learning curve but only Engineer has really perplexed me. Trick is to stick with it.

Ranger might be a good bet - your pet does some tanking and you can use bow/greatsword as weapons (power build). Once you get the idea you can progress to druid (heal/support) or soulbeast (dps).

Metabattle has lots of builds, look in the open world section.

Firebrand (Guardian) fits the role you want the best. A power spec with Harrier's (Mace/Staff) or Commanders/Valkyrie mix (GS/Scepter) can have very good quickness uptime and lots of damage to go with it. Downside is it doesn't scale well with Chrono buffs (eg raids) but for small groups you can basically carry them. I suggest Radiance/Zeal/FB. It CAN be a bit squishy, but FB gets spammable Aegis so with a little practice to get the timing right you can deflect a lot of damage. Combine with the natural self healing FB has it's easily one of hte tankiest specs in the game, once you learn to time your blocks.

@Sylent.3165 said:

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:Firebrand. Definitely. Try scepter/torch + staff for the core Guardian until you can unlock FB.

Well I actually have a firebrand already, what do you suggest after that?

FB can have alot of different builds. Here are two I favor. Same gear, just different traits. The former is more support, the latter is less support, more for solo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNArfWl0AhmhY5QwbIQTELWEGWA4AskyyAlnFw+5sdOPB-jRiAQBQ7EAAgnAAWV/5sKDSqSw+dIAmx+DOVfAaU6RIgFLAA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNArfWl0AhmhY5QwbIQTEL+DWWSoClh2vod0RqVAoCUnA-jRiAQBA4JA0vDBQSVCiV1fmx+DQ7EAcWlBoRpnT1HQIgFLAA-e

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:Firebrand. Definitely. Try scepter/torch + staff for the core Guardian until you can unlock FB.

Well I actually have a firebrand already, what do you suggest after that?

FB can have alot of different builds. Here are two I favor. Same gear, just different traits. The former is more support, the latter is less support, more for solo.

Hah. Seems the editor still has the old version of Rune of Divinity. The current version also gives +10% Maximum Health.

If you dont like mesmer and you are bored of firebrand, you could play a minstrel Scrapper (engineer).Its quite unique, can be fun if you enjoy filling your screen with green numbers, but its only really viable in WvW zergs as a healer/condicleanser.You will deal absolutely no damage but you got the highest sustaned AoE heal ingame.

I got bored of healscrapper quickly though. Im now working towards gearing up a boonbot chronomancer.

Ranger is a great pick. By default he can share some good stuff with allies like fury, swiftness, good combo fields (water, fire, ice) unique buffs (spirits), and if you specialize into druid, you can do even more!In solo combat ranger is the class for soloing champs, thanks to his pet, and a vast array of defensive skills if there is a need for such.

Archived