Rev after patch

Toron.4856

Good job nerfing revs might by 60%

You did add a trait that increases the effectiveness of might but nobody will use it cuz you lose the ferocity boon.

Good job

And revs utilities r bugged and keep swapping places and u didnt fix that major bug either.

Meanwhile engi and war untouched

How to slowly kill a class that wasnt even overperforming 101

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@JayAction.9056 said:One of you guys unknowingly trashed an ANET dev so bad they didn’t realize rev was the worst overall PvP class with the worst “meta” spec.

Only explanation. All the changes were nerfs. Still no bug fixes or fixing Renegade. About time to quit...

I hope DH and Rev will one day shine

Sorry bro everyone's bought HoT, no one to sell it to!

@Toron.4856 said:

And revs utilities r bugged and keep swapping places and u didnt fix that major bug either.

Well what is the problem to use the standard slots and simply adjust your Hotkeys ?If you play other classes aswell you only need to switch those utilitie-slots 2 and nothing has changed to you .... same keys for the same skills, just on a different position on your screen.

It's still a bug ... with an easy workaround ;)

I agree the sPvP power herald nerfs of this degree were definitely not expected especially considering other specs like soulbeast, holosmith, warrior are performing way better and take literally no IQ to play at all, yet they get a free pass. The massive might generation was a cheesy mechanic so I would understand if they did this change and compensated with precision strike actually being not fucked in sPvP.

Also yes facet of nature is a joke, it was suppose to be a core part of the herald design but you can tell theres no devs who pvp with herald cause if they did, first game they would realize there is something incredibly wrong with this ability. -3 upkeep to do what?

@wwDefuser.2056 said:

@"Toron.4856" said:

Well what is the problem to use the standard slots and simply adjust your Hotkeys ?If you play other classes aswell you only need to switch those utilitie-slots 2 and nothing has changed to you .... same keys for the same skills, just on a different position on your screen.

Let me educate you:

1) The bug doesn't "reset" the skills to the default position, it shuffles them to random positions, which sometimes fits the defaoul ones, and sometimes not. So learning the default ones is useless.2) There's a lot of different classes, builds and skills in the game; to put some order in that chaos while using different ones I arrange the skills in a logical pattern: 7 for the mobility skills or gap closers, 8 for the breakstun, etc. I did that since the release 6+ year ago, so moving amongs classes and builds is easier and more convenient. I don't need to re-code the muscle memory of my brain just due the programmers can't use theirs to solve their bug. And by the way even if I do that it wouldn't work because the reasons exposed in the first point.

...So, what's the problem with ANet doing their job and fixing the bug? Didn't Revenant users paid for their game (for sure I did!)?

@Buran.3796 said:Let me educate you:

Well ... you havent even tried it and you want to educate me ? ....

It was @Toron himself who wrote that this bug doesnt appear with default settings : https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/689362/#Comment_689362

I also played over 100 rankeds this season and i never got that bug. And i am not the only one

@phokus.8934 said:I’ve been running default loadout and haven’t encountered this bug ever.

As for the changes regarding pvp, they’re good ones especially Vicious Lacerations because it works with all weapons now.

@wwDefuser.2056 said:

I'd love for you and Anet to go tell warriors to workaround their utilities swapped around. Or guardians workaround virtues that randomize.

If this was any class but revenant it would've been a weekend hot fix. Remember every thief's RAGE when steal needed a target for what, 12 hours? Before it was rolled back

@wwDefuser.2056 said:

I also played over 100 rankeds this season and i never got that bug. And i am not the only one

@"phokus.8934" said:I’ve been running default loadout and haven’t encountered this bug ever.

As for the changes regarding pvp, they’re good ones especially Vicious Lacerations because it works with all weapons now.

Near 150 ranked matches this season, happens all the time (at least one time each 2-4 matches, which is a lot because usually means that the match is over for me), with both Glint and Shiro skills:

In 0:14 Shiro has my regular placement: 7 for Phase Traversal, 8 for Riposting Shadows and 9 for Impossible Odds. You can see as in 0:19 I use Impossible Odds, placed in 9, to run towards the ladder. But at 1:08, swapping my legend to Shiro the order is changed: Impossible Odds is now placed in 8 and Riposting Shadows in 9. As result, when I try to activate Impossible Odds with 9 to increase the damage to the Warrior in downed state before He uses Revenge, I cast instead Riposting Shawdows, moving me away and letting Him to temporaly resurrect. Is being ANNOYING the whole Season, because once the match starts you can't reset the skills, and is over (specially when the match is even as in this case). Yes, we lost this match.

Regarding Vicious Lacerations, is irrelevant: we lost a 1% damage increase in exchange of being able to do stacks of VL with the staff, which is a defensive/utility weapon that hits like a towel (the other weapons aren't even used in PvP). The true nerf relies in Incensed Response, so the amount of might stacks a Revenant can currently mantain in PvP is roughly the half (~10 instead of ~20). That doesn't mean that you can't spike up to 25, but Rev can't keep that number the whole match.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"phokus.8934" said:I’ve been running default loadout and haven’t encountered this bug ever.

Near 150 ranked matches this season, happens all the time (at least one time each 2-4 matches, which is a lot because usually means that the match is over for me), with both Glint and Shiro skills:

In 0:14 Shiro has my regular placement: 7 for Phase Traversal, 8 for Riposting Shadows and 9 for Impossible Odds. You can see as in 0:19 I use Impossible Odds, placed in 9, to run towards the ladder. But at 1:08, swapping my legend to Shiro the order is changed: Impossible Odds is now placed in 8 and Riposting Shadows in 9. As result, when I try to activate Impossible Odds with 9 to increase the damage to the Warrior in downed state before He uses Revenge, I cast instead Riposting Shawdows, moving me away and letting Him to temporaly resurrect. Is being ANNOYING the whole Season, because once the match starts you can't reset the skills, and is over (specially when the match is even as in this case). Yes, we lost this match.

Regarding Vicious Lacerations, is irrelevant: we lost a 1% damage increase in exchange of being able to do stacks of VL with the staff, which is a defensive/utility weapon that hits like a towel (the other weapons aren't even used in PvP). The true nerf relies in Incensed Response, so the amount of might stacks a Revenant can currently mantain in PvP is roughly the half (~10 instead of ~20). That doesn't mean that you can't spike up to 25, but Rev can't keep that number the whole match.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

Nerfing rev might output by 60% while leaving war engi untouched and buffing soulbeast is your definition of balance?

Fair enough, but on top, rev is unplayable since utilities keep switching spots.

Very disappointing patch, was hoping to se improvements..

@witcher.3197 said:You don't know your own class.

but nobody will use it cuz you lose the ferocity boon.

Ferocity trait wasn't even the most common choice in PvP, maybe in PvE.

Its either unblockable or ferocity

The trait granting might was useless since u had enough might.

The unblockable trait was only useful vs certain comps while the ferocity trait was always useful.

Facing eles, thieves, rangers, necros and holo (pretty much) unblockable trait is not worth it...

So yes, fero was still the most used.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

I always use Assassin's Presence unless I'm dueling and counterspeccing a warrior or DH. If I'm in any situation with a group, AP.

Exactly... Ferocity is the way to go unless u fighting a war or guardian heavy team

@Toron.4856 said:

The unblockable trait was only useful vs certain comps while the ferocity trait was always useful.

Facing eles, thieves, rangers, necros and holo (pretty much) unblockable trait is not worth it...

Every SD holo runs Photon Wall.@Toron.4856 said:Exactly... Ferocity is the way to go unless u fighting a war or guardian heavy team

Unblockable was better against other revs too.

Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

Archived