Holographic Shockwave should not be able to ignore LoS and hit across different heights

LazySummer.2568

This skill is already broken enough with the gigantic aoe cc, guaranteed critc, low cd, and let's add a Blast combo finisher because why not. There's absolutely no reason that it should be able to go through walls and across different heights.

Using LoS and being at different ground level is a major part of strategic play, and almost all of the skills in this game don't have this luxury, some even have their ability to hit behind the players removed even when they dont do something as powerful as a CC.

How this skill currently works is a big part of reason why holos are so braindead to play and contribute to their high sustain. You outnumber / outplay them and they just run/leap around a corner and pull out this bs without even needing to look behind them or target anyone. Then you basically always have to guess + waste a dodge only to get hit by their Corona Burst or just let them go for free every time they LoS you.

It being able to hit vertically is also incredibly unfair. For example, you'll strategically place yourself on the 2nd or 3rd level of the building at the middle of Kyhlo and then randomly get cced by some holo right below you, under the bridge that you can't even see, or you'll use the jumping pad on Skyhammer to kite and instead of trying to follow you, they just laugh and press 5 at ground level while you're still midair and then jump up to kill you while you're cced.

Something this powerful honestly needs to have these 2 advantages removed or have its cd increased to 30s+ or generate 50%+ heat on use so holos can't just spam it carelessly.

Nerfing this skill to the ground, from a Holo perspective, would hardly impact the class. I perform very well on Holo and highly limit my usage of this ability in order to maximize heat usage towards Corona Burst, Holo Leap, and auto attacks.

It's a 70IQ skill when using it in people's faces, yet many Holos do this on cooldown. The only time where its use is strategic is when you pop it behind a wall/ledge when your opponent thinks they're safe. This is only fun for the Holo. Obviously it needs more strategy when using it - that isn't cheap feeling for the victim.

It's Engineer Jade Winds. Highly spammable, hits everyone through Z axis but why would you spam it? I'd be in favor of totally reworking the skill but that's unlikely.

It should not hit through Z axis or in a wide radius, but it should be much more high potential.

My suggestion:

Holographic Shockwave:

• This ability's shockwave affects foes only at the Z-axis of the user.
  • This ability's radius is reduced from 600 to 240.
  • Damage increased significantly. Like, two, to two and a half times more.

@Lazy.2835 said:Yes, I also have problems evading highly telegraphed skills. Nerf it!

Considering that the typical holo build has 2 and sometimes 3 other CC sources, removing CC from 600 range aoe that hits through walls and vertical is more than fine.

Making PvP less of the fucking CC infested mess is surely a plus.

Archived