Rune set to use in WvW - Scourge

Turk.5460

Hello all,Does anyone have a suggestion for what rune to use for condi Scourge in WvW medium-sized zerging? This would be usually around 20 players, and my Necro is in full trailblazer's. I previously had Krait runes, but I feel like there might be something more useful. I would also appreciate any input on fairly cheap food and utility options - I have 400 Cooking and various other max-crafting.

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:the condi duration resistance is very powerful.

But not for Scourge who can convert conditions to boons like a boss

Sometimes you would rather wait out the chill or immobilize than waste life force that could otherwise be used for your other abilities. granted in a REALLY heavy fight you have infinite life force. then again maybe you want the boon it could turn into? also can we talk about how underappreciated the Feed from Corruption grandmaster trait is? Like shit if you can get by without greater shades (lol good luck base shade is tiny and terrible CD) that feed from corruption trait has no ICD drop Well of Corruption and the path of corruption trait and you can end up with 40 seconds of resistance 20 stacks of stab perma max might and generally a perfect boon bar. its honestly insanely powerful.

I'm thinking Celestial might be a better option than Trailblazer for Scourge.

I dislike full condi builds for zerging in WvW as there are times when you try to tag downed or single target opponents but they often die very quickly with so many players hitting them and you only have time to sneak in one attack. Power builds do enough damage in one hit to tag the target for a bag. Condi builds...no you miss many tags by not doing enough auto damage.

And for the Celestial build, I'm choosing Pack runes to mix-max the stats as well as place emphasis on swiftness duration as I experience mostly guilds that run closed raids and I don't get many boons from the zerg. Got to generate my own swiftness which is very important in keeping up with the zerg and positioning myself during engages.

Build link here.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I'm thinking Celestial might be a better option than Trailblazer for Scourge.

I dislike full condi builds for zerging in WvW as there are times when you try to tag downed or single target opponents but they often die very quickly with so many players hitting them and you only have time to sneak in one attack. Power builds do enough damage in one hit to tag the target for a bag. Condi builds...no you miss many tags by not doing enough auto damage.

Generally in WvW if you wish to be effective you build for the tough fights not getting random tags in roflstomps.

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I'm thinking Celestial might be a better option than Trailblazer for Scourge.

Generally in WvW if you wish to be effective you build for the tough fights not getting random tags in roflstomps.

Well...I'm selfish in this regard...I just want to tag as many bags as possible XD

Also, Celestial is a decent alternative to Trailblazer as it does both power and condi damage which is overall more effective against opponents that run high resist uptime.This worked pretty well for Reaper back in HOT and works even better on Scourge as they have more use for healing power.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

Well...I'm selfish in this regard...I just want to tag as many bags as possible XD

Also, Celestial is a decent alternative to Trailblazer as it does both power and condi damage which is overall more effective against opponents that run high resist uptime.This worked pretty well for Reaper back in HOT and works even better on Scourge as they have more use for healing power.

I'd rather not swap armor stats. Took me a lot of Rewards tracks to get TB in the first place. And this is only a secondary character. I like the idea of corrupting event boons, and just looking a cheap viable replacement for krait, since scourge seems much less about bleeds.

Superior rune of aristocraty: condi damage and might duration. Sould't be to shabby if you spec for support.Superior rune of melandru: All in all it has always been a good choice in WvWSuperior rune of the dolyak: Again a jack of all trade choice

If there was some synergy with our revive traits, rune of mercy could be pretty good as well, granting us up to 575 toughness when using F4 for the full duration of the heal (sadly, I won't even test if it work ;) )

And for the Celestial build, I'm choosing Pack runes to mix-max the stats as well as place emphasis on swiftness duration as I experience mostly guilds that run closed raids and I don't get many boons from the zerg. Got to generate my own swiftness which is very important in keeping up with the zerg and positioning myself during engages.

Build link here.

Celestial literaly nerfs your dmg by 50%

a Trailblazer + Viper mix gives prety much the same self sustain + WAAAAAAAAAY more dmg both power and condi

no cele 600+ Healing power that it gives DOES not worth anything... i tested it and im sad how much time i wasted on geting celestial stuff from WvW... its Horrible compared to the Trail + Viper mix......

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

Sometimes you would rather wait out the chill or immobilize than waste life force that could otherwise be used for your other abilities. granted in a REALLY heavy fight you have infinite life force. then again maybe you want the boon it could turn into? also can we talk about how underappreciated the Feed from Corruption grandmaster trait is? Like kitten if you can get by without greater shades (lol good luck base shade is tiny and terrible CD) that feed from corruption trait has no ICD drop Well of Corruption and the path of corruption trait and you can end up with 40 seconds of resistance 20 stacks of stab perma max might and generally a perfect boon bar. its honestly insanely powerful.

and then another necro comes and turn all those boons into condition on you... good luck....in the current meta the more boons you have the more dmg you take bassicaly.......

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

a Trailblazer + Viper mix gives prety much the same self sustain + WAAAAAAAAAY more dmg both power and condi

no cele 600+ Healing power that it gives DOES not worth anything... i tested it and im sad how much time i wasted on geting celestial stuff from WvW... its Horrible compared to the Trail + Viper mix......

I like your idea of trailblazer plus viper. What ratio of mixing are you using? Could you share the build?

Regarding the healing power from Celestial, I liked that it makes our F3 barrier amount higher than the LF consumed lol. I didn't like that they made F3 LF consumption higher than the barrier it gave without healing power =/

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

Sometimes you would rather wait out the chill or immobilize than waste life force that could otherwise be used for your other abilities. granted in a REALLY heavy fight you have infinite life force. then again maybe you want the boon it could turn into? also can we talk about how underappreciated the Feed from Corruption grandmaster trait is? Like kitten if you can get by without greater shades (lol good luck base shade is tiny and terrible CD) that feed from corruption trait has no ICD drop Well of Corruption and the path of corruption trait and you can end up with 40 seconds of resistance 20 stacks of stab perma max might and generally a perfect boon bar. its honestly insanely powerful.

and then another necro comes and turn all those boons into condition on you... good luck....in the current meta the more boons you have the more dmg you take bassicaly.......

i dont think resistance is corruptible or atleast i would hope not as that would be counter productive to its purpose

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

i dont think resistance is corruptible or atleast i would hope not as that would be counter productive to its purpose

Resistance corrupts to Chill.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:

Resistance corrupts to Chill.

god dammit anet lurn2gamedesign

@Zoltreez.6435 said:

Keep in mind expertise borders on useless in WvW because of cleanses...

Archived