Need help to decide a main character

Valker.3726

Hey everyone :)

I have been playing Guild wars for a long time now, but i have been playing so many different characters because i can never pick just one, so i think its time to find a main.

I have no idea what to pick So i'm asking you guys for help because i need it.

I'm after a profession that is fun and that i wont get bored of easily, that is very good at WvW, PvP, Raiding.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Engineer:You can go bursty glasscannon and be viable in most modes.You can go for a very durable bruiser in sPvP.You are a great roamer with good mobility, damage and defense and can do fine in 1vX.

Only con is that no matter what weapon or kit you use you will not be good at range. Anything longer away than ~600 is kinda annoying and clunky.

Revenant is kinda fun but i dont like the legend swap mechanic or their lack of cleave/AoE. Their weapon skills are great fun though.

Mesmer is just the same old with a different type of damage. Summon clones and be slipperly and either deal condition or powerdamage, also below avrage AoE damage.

Warrior / Guardian / ranger / Necro are very straight forward., very easy to learn and perform "decent" with. Ofc they got a few tricks up their sleeves but less so than other professions.

Thief is either cheese or hardcore. Deadeye cheese is lame and unfun to play and play against. Daredevil is the most mobile profession ingame and deals great dmg but your reaction need to be on point. You are NOT WANTED in WvW except for roaming, and unless you get above avrage you wont enjoy sPvP either. Its very easy to play in PvE though.

I find it best to reserve Engineer, Revenant, and Elementalist until later. I think while learning the basics of how this game works, especially in regards to how different it is from a game like WoW, going with a profession that doesn't have so many moving parts might work out well. All three of them are micromanage based professions. While getting down the basics something like Warrior or Necromancer may be more forgiving until you understand the nature of combat, especially in regards to the fact that it is better to avoid combat than it is to suck it up. It doesn't take very many levels to get a hang of things so a person wouldn't need to be in an easier profession for long, certainly not to level 80 (unless you want to).

Not something a person has to do but that's the advice I tend to give to new players.

Archived