DISHONOR ON READY CHECK?!

Ovark.2514

@FitzChevalerie.1035 said:why queue if you're not ready ?

When people are synching ques together for the purpose of match manipulation, they know if they are in the same match together if the que box pops for everyone in the discord at the same time. If it pops for 1 person but none of the others, they can all just kill the que and reque until they land in the same que together.

@Ovark.2514 That is probably why ^

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

When people are synching ques together for the purpose of match manipulation, they know if they are in the same match together if the que box pops for everyone in the discord at the same time. If it pops for 1 person but none of the others, they can all just kill the que and reque until they land in the same que together.

There must be better ways to combat this issue rather than punnishing everyone else.

@Ovark.2514 said:

There must be better ways to combat this issue rather than punnishing everyone else.

Honestly, once you hit that "enter que" button, you should be locked in with no option to back out of the match afterwards. It should still pop a screen to notify you that the match is about to load, and still grant the select map option, but you should be locked into the match. If you aren't ready to que, don't hit the que button.

That would do a lot to disrupt win trading tactics.

@Ovark.2514 said:

We are ready. Then we start an event in PvE with 1 min left or we wanna test something on a golem for a sec. . . or like, anything?

We are ready. Then we start an event in PvE with 1 min left or we wanna test something on a golem for a sec. . . or like, anything?

That's why you can leave queue

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

Honestly, once you hit that "enter que" button, you should be locked in with no option to back out of the match afterwards. It should still pop a screen to notify you that the match is about to load, and still grant the select map option, but you should be locked into the match. If you aren't ready to que, don't hit the que button.

Is a good idea really. Anything which speeds up the painstakingly slow process known as unranked and ranked matches.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Although this is a decent idea in theory in reality what if the individual queing has a real life situation to deal with and has to leave. I believe the discard button is fine albeit i do agree it does encourage some win trading but honestly withdrawing the option to leave the que and force people to play a match is somewhat harsh. I have been in situations when something has come up in real life and i had to discard the que. Im sure im not the only one either.

@FitzChevalerie.1035 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Sometimes you need to think and adjust your build before game starts. We dont all play spec with everything built in.

I thought that was why there was a 1minute+ wait time before game starts...

Ah my bad, i didnt read carefuly, i thought it was strange to get dishonnor for not pushing ready before the match.I can understand dishonnor if you don't click ready when queueing though. As for decline button, as other mentionned above, it's to prevent queue sync and other potential abuses.

• ArenaNet Staff

Aside from the potential match manipulation issues, you're also inconveniencing 9 other people. There should be a penalty for doing that. They get tossed back on top of the matchmaker's list and have to wait again. The amount of dishonor given for a queue dodge is only 3 minutes, unless you've done it more than once in a relatively short amount of time.

@Silinsar.6298 said:

@phokus.8934 said:The ready check pop up is the same as someone asking you, “are you sure?”

It’s redundant, poor ux design, and provides no value.

No, it's a check that ensures people are not afk after a few minutes of q time before starting the game. If it wasn't there it'd be more likely to have someone afk at the start of the match.

I'd rather they scrap the match when it starts and someone afk disconnects after 1-2 minutes. There's the additional wait time in game for setup which gives people additional time to get back if they missed queue. A wait time for a wait time...

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Aside from the potential match manipulation issues, you're also inconveniencing 9 other people. There should be a penalty for doing that. They get tossed back on top of the matchmaker's list and have to wait again. The amount of dishonor given for a queue dodge is only 3 minutes, unless you've done it more than once in a relatively short amount of time.

So a band aid solution to something that rarely happens? I'm usually pro-BenP but some of your comments regarding how pvp goes lately are very questionable to say the least.Not verbatim but:"3 weeks before seasons until people start getting antsy""Mid season balance patches to shake up the meta and have people figure things out"And what you just wrote here.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"phokus.8934" said:

"Mid season balance patches to shake up the meta and have people figure things out"

What's wrong with a mid season balance patch?

Usually nothing with a game that has a competitive scene. But with the laughable pvp potion rewards, removing titles, no team queue, and with an extremely stagnant game mode, I don't see the purpose of them continuing to do these.

This could be me just being a bit jaded with balance updates because they've been extremely lackluster and haven't changed the meta comps at all. I could be wrong there, though.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:you're inconveniencing 9 other people. There should be a penalty for doing that. They get tossed back on top of the matchmaker's list and have to wait again.

Why? Why isn't matchmaker ALWAYS looking for appropriately skilled players for just such an eventuality. Then no one has to wait and we can discard this archaic notion of punishment in what is supposed to be a game. . . played for fun.

Archived