Renegade solo and openworld spec?

Substatic.6958

I can't make it work. It feels like the squishiest spec I've played in this entire game. I'm using mace/axe and invocations/corruption vipers gear.

I can barely even kill Cheiftan Utaheni and Svanir in the pvp area, which is a first. On my other characters I kill them in 2-3 seconds and lose no HP.

Is this just a spec designed for raids?

It's an amazing openworld spec. It's like a bearbow ranger in terms of ease.

Run any condi gear, ideally viper. Camp shortbow. Run Kalla and spam summons. Faceroll 1-5 keys. Kill things from range, never die.

I rarely went M/A during my POF story, only when I felt like it and I wanted the extra damage (because it is way more damage than bow lol)

I face rolled open world with just SBow and Renegade. It's super easy, it has an AoE daze and AoE damage spirit, what can you ask for more ? I used full Berserker (yes). I do have a Viper set too, just wanted to see if Power would be good and it is.

Maybe stop facetanking mobs and dodge once in a while.

@Krispera.5087 said:I face rolled open world with just SBow and Renegade. It's super easy, it has an AoE daze and AoE damage spirit, what can you ask for more ? I used full Berserker (yes). I do have a Viper set too, just wanted to see if Power would be good and it is.

As I said, i'm doing melee since I'd rather not get used to SB which is extremely low DPS. Most other specs seem to solo just fine in their DPS specs without being forced to use a gimmick/safety weapon.

Guess I'm too used to Scourge, facerolling 10+ mobs in my raid spec.

@Substatic.6958 said:

@Krispera.5087 said:I face rolled open world with just SBow and Renegade. It's super easy, it has an AoE daze and AoE damage spirit, what can you ask for more ? I used full Berserker (yes). I do have a Viper set too, just wanted to see if Power would be good and it is.

As I said, i'm doing melee since I'd rather not get used to SB which is extremely low DPS. Most other specs seem to solo just fine in their DPS specs without being forced to use a gimmick/safety weapon.

I think this is the problem for me. I don't mind having to work to condi stuff up, but I feel I need to work so much harder for similar levels of survivability. :pensive:

@Substatic.6958 said:

mallyx/kalla mace axe vipers invocation corruption renegade. Use devastation only for group content it's a dps loss when solo.

Engage with kalla-> citadel bombardment -> axe 5-> axe 4 -> swap to mallyx -> unyielding anguish->embrace the darkness w/ diabolical inferno -> mace 2 = most mobs (including groups) dead at this point and vets heavily injured.

Condi rev and rev in general is 100% about proper kiting to protect yourself. Condi rev is fantastic at this with all the chill it can put out. Get them in your unyielding anguish w/ abyssal chill and they melt

Also high dps rotations you'd use on a raid boss work pretty poorly in open world (work decently on most fractal bosses tho). Raid bosses are easier to avoid a lot of the time and you have ahealer to solve any incoming damage issues.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Why would you start with kalla if all you are using is citadel bombardement? How much worser is devastation in solo pve for condi? mind you, you can get lots of regular vulnerability from icerazor to get devastation going.

Start with kalla to waste its energy meaning higher initial burst dps. It's just an example rotation of something that works well against groups or single target mobs.

Without invocation you lose out on pretty much the only consistent source of fury renegade has before your opponent hits 50% life. 20% extra crit, 7% extra condi damage, potentially the only source of swiftness renegade has, and a stunbreak.

By taking invocation you lose out on 20% power damage after 50% or assassins annihilation, some extra ferocity and slightly better than invocation might stacking (which you miss out on if you take assassins presence).

I haven't tested it recently but it was a 1 or 2k loss in a solo environment if I remember correctly. It's only taken for raids due to the assassins presence group buff which is a dps increase for the party overall at the cost of some personal dps.

I faceroll open-world with my Power Renegade in PoF maps. (Full Zerk)The facerollness is on the degree of nature magic Soulbeast + Jaracanda in open world, you just never die, lots of break bar, very tanky because of life leach and so on.I run Kalla, Dwarf, utilizing life leach mechanic , can self stack 25 mights , fury , protection very quickly, and can aoe stun a group of foes.Two of the best open world builds I've seen so far. (I have all 9 classes fully geared)

Well why even you need to kill him? Also dodge his attacks and he does not kill you. Man people are asking stupid questions... I have no problems running melee condi renegade, also it does not hurt to have shortbow on your 2nd weapon if you need some ranged. Pstt. Necro is a ranged class so i don't know why you compare the two.

@Caccis.9087 said:Well why even you need to kill him? Also dodge his attacks and he does not kill you. Man people are asking stupid questions... I have no problems running melee condi renegade, also it does not hurt to have shortbow on your 2nd weapon if you need some ranged. Pstt. Necro is a ranged class so i don't know why you compare the two.

I'm just using him as a comparison with my other classes. My MELEE Necro (scourge and reaper) kills him before they can even attack and/or can face tank him. Ditto with my Guardian and Mesmer. DPS Spec of each, no gimmick survival specs.

My Renegade kills him noticeably slower and/or loses far more HP. Dodging is a given (don't even need to do it on the above classes). It's a world of difference. Guess I'll just stick with Scourge.

@Substatic.6958 said:

@Caccis.9087 said:Well why even you need to kill him? Also dodge his attacks and he does not kill you. Man people are asking stupid questions... I have no problems running melee condi renegade, also it does not hurt to have shortbow on your 2nd weapon if you need some ranged. Pstt. Necro is a ranged class so i don't know why you compare the two.

I'm just using him as a comparison with my other classes. My MELEE Necro (scourge and reaper) kills him before they can even attack and/or can face tank him. Ditto with my Guardian and Mesmer. DPS Spec of each, no gimmick survival specs.

My Renegade kills him noticeably slower and/or loses far more HP. It's a world of difference. Guess I'll just stick with Scourge.

Yeah Renegade has less surviability tools, why should all classes be equal at open world?

@Caccis.9087 said:

@Substatic.6958 said:

My Renegade kills him noticeably slower and/or loses far more HP. It's a world of difference. Guess I'll just stick with Scourge.

Yeah Renegade has less surviability tools, why should all classes be equal at open world?

Renegade isn't good (or even decent) at pvp or wpvp either. So this is just a raid spec?

Starting to get why this elite is rarely ever seen.

@Substatic.6958 said:

@Caccis.9087 said:

@Substatic.6958 said:

Renegade isn't good (or even decent) at pvp or wpvp either. So this is just a raid spec?

Starting to get why this elite is rarely ever seen.

Yeah it is pretty broken and needs fixes, but any damage build is really runable at open world still and I do not get this discussion. Condi builds that do not have huge burst do tend to kill their targets slower than normal dps.

I donnu what people actually running these days, I'm honestly confused.What kind of terrible build they run that they say renegade has less survival tools.It's more survivable than Glint in Open world at least with better healing.It can share might and protection like glint does, (Fury only apply to self though)> @Substatic.6958 said:

How do you do Svanir in the pvp lobby as melee condition renegade? I'm trying what you've stated, but he just knocks me down half way and 2 shots me. If i do kill him I lose a lot of HP.

Worlds different from my Necro, Mesmer, Guardian who just faceroll and lose 0 hp.

Seriously if you can't even solo this svanir with any build you run, you either have control issue yourself or you're running terrible build.

@Aomine.5012 said:I faceroll open-world with my Power Renegade in PoF maps. (Full Zerk)The facerollness is on the degree of nature magic Soulbeast + Jaracanda in open world, you just never die, lots of break bar, very tanky because of life leach and so on.I run Kalla, Dwarf, utilizing life leach mechanic , can self stack 25 mights , fury , protection very quickly, and can aoe stun a group of foes.Two of the best open world builds I've seen so far. (I have all 9 classes fully geared)

Everything is playable in Pve as long as you know how to kite/dodge. It boils down to individual awareness since mob AI are predictable and exploitable to certain extend.Even before burn stack buff, I've been running burn guardian that only stacks burn duration, yet it still works.

Gw2 had always been giving players the freedom to play whatever build/role that we like, each class is capable of building any of the role, be it power/condi/support.The main point now is renegade is in a bad spot in any other mode of the game with how bad the skills are. It's suppose to be a range condi/support but can't even achieve the support part unless you are bossing.

@lmaogg.7325 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:I faceroll open-world with my Power Renegade in PoF maps. (Full Zerk)The facerollness is on the degree of nature magic Soulbeast + Jaracanda in open world, you just never die, lots of break bar, very tanky because of life leach and so on.I run Kalla, Dwarf, utilizing life leach mechanic , can self stack 25 mights , fury , protection very quickly, and can aoe stun a group of foes.Two of the best open world builds I've seen so far. (I have all 9 classes fully geared)

Everything is playable in Pve as long as you know how to kite/dodge. It boils down to individual awareness since mob AI are predictable and exploitable to certain extend.Even before burn stack buff, I've been running burn guardian that only stacks burn duration, yet it still works.

Gw2 had always been giving players the freedom to play whatever build/role that we like, each class is capable of building any of the role, be it power/condi/support.The main point now is renegade is in a bad spot in any other mode of the game with how bad the skills are. It's suppose to be a range condi/support but can't even achieve the support part unless you are bossing.

Like I said, I play all classes and I can tell which is better than others when it comes to open world.Reaper, Ranger, and Renegade just excel at surviving while doing massive cc/ damage on their own and can tackle some champions solo.Firebrand theoretically has highest dps in open world, but go tackle any pof champion in open world and prepare to get one shot.The clunky f2 and f3 mechanic just drastically hinder Firebrand's survivability in open world cuz it's intended to work in a group.

Sure everything works in open world, but when it comes to the preferred faceroll one, ranger, reaper and renegade takes the cake.When I do a event solo with 5 veterans spawning in addition to massive horde of enemies, those 3 classes I mention is just gonna faceroll them down while other classes run the risk of getting one shot if you don't play very carefully.

Also, let's ignore the op firebrand that'd get toned down for sure, Renegade is doing more dm than the old Condition Revenant while providing might , which is a massive improvement over glint and condition Revenant.

I edit one part of Kella sharing.. Tbh I thought out of all the thing, this buff is something that could define Renegade in a party if it's sharable.It's a mis-opportunity... Anet should consider making it sharable.

@Aomine.5012 said:

What kind of terrible build they run that they say renegade has less survival tools.

Compared to guardian aegis spam and better heals, mesmer evades, aoe control of necro. Yes Renegade has less survival tools, does not mean it does not have them or they are shit. It just means they have LESS.

@Set.7461 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:... Renegade is doing more dm than the old Condition Revenant while providing might and Kella buff to the whole party...

Kalla's Fervor is a self-buff. You can't share it with a party. You can, however share might with F2.

Oh I thought Kella can share that buff to other :/Sorry for the misinfo, gonna edit it.

Being able the share Kalla's Fervor would have instantly secured Renegade in raids/pve. Everything about this spec seems like they thought about it, then said, "Nahhh let's not". From "Cripplerazor's Ire" to our very own GOTL-like buff. It's a fun spec in open world but Renegade needs love, not stealth-nerfs Cough Soulcleave...

@Set.7461 said:Being able the share Kalla's Fervor would have instantly secured Renegade in raids/pve. Everything about this spec seems like they thought about it, then said, "Nahhh let's not". From "Cripplerazor's Ire" to our very own GOTL-like buff. It's a fun spec in open world but Renegade needs love, not stealth-nerfs Cough Soulcleave...

If Kall's Fervor is shareable, it will add an addition level of power creep and add another "must have elite" in raid scenario. Design wise this is not good, and the direction in PoF was to ensure not to add these must use elites. Is Renegade good? No it is not, but it needs self buffs not group buffs.

@Aomine.5012 said:Seriously if you can't even solo this svanir with any build you run, you either have control issue yourself or you're running terrible build.

1. I can solo Svanir, the issue is I can't solo him nearly as easily and quickly as my other classes. It's night and day.

2. I'm talking about Condition Melee Renegade and that is what I need a OW build for, not some gimmick power and/or bow renegade that contributes little dps in big metas or smaller group events (leech build). Since Renegade is primarily a PVE spec (It's very bad in pvp), I wanna play it in it's maximum intended role. My other classes faceroll open world/Sav in pure raid dps specs. Renegade is the only class I have that has to completely change gear, almost all traits, and weapons to do nearly as well. Combined with being horrible in PVP, this leaves a sour taste and makes Renegade just feel inferior overall.

I'll stick with Scourge, great in all game modes and only swap a few viper into carrions for pvp. Versatile and very powerful.

Archived