Pretty happy with Power (Core) Warrior right now.

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi!

I am pretty happy with the new Power Core Warrior.Strenght/Tactic/Disc

No more "useless" Traits.More Dmg then before.And we can now mighstack again WITH AXE/AXE!

To be honest, this is exactly how i wanted it to be.

I dont know the current Golem Dps but i can asume we do solid dps.Banners + EA + Phalanx strenght is solid support.Good CC dmg with Mace/Mace.

I realy cant complain right now.

I hope this Build stays this way for a long time.

Dan.

I agree. Core warrior is probably the best it has ever been.For me, the only issue with warrior at the moment in general (elite specs aside) is that certain skills have a bit too long aftercasts (To the Limit, Kick, Eviscerate...)and other skills are pretty buggy or behave weirdly (Rush, Brutal Shot, Bull's Charge, Savage Leap...).When it comes to endgame PvE content (fractals and raids) I always prefer to play core warrior because it is satisfying to play :)

So I'm just starting with Warrior, and the first thing I noticed was a lack of self-healing, something I'm used to on my other melee professions: Guardian, Thief and Revenant.

I decided to start playing Spellbreaker, figuring Full Counter would fill that niche, but that apparently is out the window, so what about now? Is it just about having a larger health pool to outlast the mobs? I know dodge dodge dodge, but I don't hit every dodge, and on my Guard/Rev/Thief I can come back from that - with Warrior it seems I get lower, then lower, then downed.

I know that in T4s you will have pocket Druid and regen from Banners, but what about open world? What about in fractals where you aren't dropping banners?

Any suggestions?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:So I'm just starting with Warrior, and the first thing I noticed was a lack of self-healing, something I'm used to on my other melee professions: Guardian, Thief and Revenant.

I decided to start playing Spellbreaker, figuring Full Counter would fill that niche, but that apparently is out the window, so what about now? Is it just about having a larger health pool to outlast the mobs? I know dodge dodge dodge, but I don't hit every dodge, and on my Guard/Rev/Thief I can come back from that - with Warrior it seems I get lower, then lower, then downed.

I know that in T4s you will have pocket Druid and regen from Banners, but what about open world? What about in fractals where you aren't dropping banners?

Any suggestions?

Healing signet. It is probably the best and most used warrior heal for open world/solo. I personally prefer To The Limit because of adrenaline you get from it and 9k heal is pretty good. But that damn aftercast...I don't even remember using healing signet for more than few seconds in PvE in the past few months. It is mostly about knowledge about the encounter.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:So I'm just starting with Warrior, and the first thing I noticed was a lack of self-healing, something I'm used to on my other melee professions: Guardian, Thief and Revenant.

Any suggestions?

i use "mending", if u have "Peak Performance" in the traits, you ghet 6,520 per 12 secs of cd and clean 3 condis, I'ts is very good, also the cure of the spellbreaker is good but you pay the price of losing blessings too(Edit: all this talking in open world)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I know that in T4s you will have pocket Druid and regen from Banners, but what about open world? What about in fractals where you aren't dropping banners?

Any suggestions?

Replace banners for power/crit signet if party isn't helping you move a banner or you're constantly moving during the fractal due to trash mobs or whatever.For open-world my go-to is Str/Disc/Defense, great dps, CC and sustain.

@daw.4923 said:so you are happy,that after 6 years and 2 new elite specs,you can play CORE warrior,which you was able to play whole time. ok

It is more about core warrior being at good spot (compared to other core professions). This thread isn't about berserker/spellbreaker.Also, the trait changes and synergies after those years are probably the best they have ever been. Not saying it is perfect or that it doesn't need more love though.Sometimes, you just enjoy what is most solid and consistent :)

@Hitman.5829 said:But are you happy with core warrior in WvW or PvP?I can play any class in PvE and be happy, but in WvW and PvP that is another thing.Currently most warriors are unhappy about how things have been for warriors in WvW and PvP.

for spellbreakers/berserkers*What else do you want core warrior to have/be? More damage? More sustain?Elite spec should be upgrade/enhancement to core profession. Elite specs are the issue, not core warrior.I still can't comprehend how anet allowed core profession to be so good in basically all game modes. That it even rivals its elite specs. I am happy for it of course, please anet no nerfs :( (unless it is for sake of elite specs being better).

@Hitman.5829 said:But are you happy with core warrior in WvW or PvP?I can play any class in PvE and be happy, but in WvW and PvP that is another thing.Currently most warriors are unhappy about how things have been for warriors in WvW and PvP.

As if Warriors were ever happy in WvW. Ok Maybe before HoT.

@SkyFurY.6057 said:warrior ahve no placein wvw anymore other then drop a bubble.... u can step back until your cd is up again and watch the fight and cheer for your team.

That was always the case.

@"daw.4923" said:so you are happy,that after 6 years and 2 new elite specs,you can play CORE warrior,which you was able to play whole time. ok

I dislike both elite specs ( condi berzerker is "ok") but i love core warrior.So yes, after 6 years FINALY core warrior is like i always wanted it to be.

I am playing core guard for a week now in wvw roaming and so far 99% of fights i had vs war or any kind ended with really sad downed war. Im at point where i avoid war or just do not stomp. War is so slow, so limited to close comat and its pathetic how telegraphed its skills are, even if they hit its just meh.Im main war since beta, i love it but amount of effort it takes to win fight on it as opposed to reve or core guard, is literally not worth playing it.If anet would give war perma quicness now it would still not be viable imo.Sad days....

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

As if Warriors were ever happy in WvW. Ok Maybe before HoT.

@SkyFurY.6057 said:warrior ahve no placein wvw anymore other then drop a bubble.... u can step back until your cd is up again and watch the fight and cheer for your team.

That was always the case.

@"daw.4923" said:so you are happy,that after 6 years and 2 new elite specs,you can play CORE warrior,which you was able to play whole time. ok

I dislike both elite specs ( condi berzerker is "ok") but i love core warrior.So yes, after 6 years FINALY core warrior is like i always wanted it to be.

Agreed, i miss the old pre-hot days, worker warriors everywhere, cc still meaning something, not more stab and stunbreaks on lower cds than the cc. No powercreep, making everyone explode in 0.5seconds. Blasting waterfields for healing and stacking in firefields to gain might, that isnt ripped in the first second of the fight. But what is anet changing? Increasing cc DURATION, first on hammer 5, now on fullcounter, not realizing that the durations are NOT the problem.

My favourite build, Hammer/Gs (for roaming/spvp purposes), is completely obsolete nowadays because those slow hammer animations rarely hit and when they actually do, ppl instantly break out of the stun or cant be stunned in the first place.And now i see ppl in the forum still complain about whirlwind dmg, the only real burst skill that is left for warrior. Probably getting gutted too in the nearest future, making warrior the mascot in pvp and wvw, everybody just makes fun of or pities for what it has become.

Too bad i dont have any fun in pve to enjoy core warrior there lul

Archived