so how would staff teef in pvp do?

Stand The Wall.6987

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:haven't played much teef, just wondering on what your guyses thoughts are on this staff teef business. would it do ok? terrible?

It was mediocre at best after all the Endurance nerfs on Thief and then the Initiative increases, now with the Nerf to vault and Shadowstep made it even worse, since it removes a dimension/level of play.

Staff thief has never really worked well for PvP. Before nerfs, it was a spammy, cheesy build that only did well when players just used vault a lot. After nerfs, it's fallen out of favor since there's nothing that it really does particularly well when vault can't be spammed. It doesn't have enough stealth to disengage as well as a D/P thief can and it doesn't have enough evades to survive in the thick of a fight as well as S/D can. It also doesn't burst as well as several other builds can.

If thieves had a build that made them stout enough to actually take a few hits, it might be a decent build for a bruiser role, but without any decent damage reduction traits or access to protection, that's just not the case.

The only place in PvP I would consider it is possibly for Stronghold since I recall it being decent there for stomping NPCs, but I haven't touched that game mode in a very long time...

Archived