Renegade nerfs

Loboling.5293

Hey everyone,

As us the tradition before a next expansion, they have begun to tone down the elite specs, in preparation for the next cycle of elite specs to be released.

I'm worried that they will soon be nerfing the renegade... I know it's an absolute powerhouse and could use some shaving. (Especially in PvP) But I implore the devs to leave us some of our most iconic strengths, like knocking down players in melee when we breakstun, or gaining a couple seconds of alacrity every now and then... These things might be godly OP, but they are also tied to the identity of the renegade.

Hopefully everyone here will agree that huge nerfs would be overkill.

So I'd like to suggest some for Anet, to point them in the right direction:1) remove some of the defensive play from shortbow. Or reduce its mobility.2) change protection on spirit cast to quickness (again, to minimize the amazing defense of renegade)3) nerf that spirit skill that no one uses and I don't even remember the name, that puts a couple seconds of bleed. Reduce the duration of the bleed, but allow the spirit to explode on death for aoe bleeding. This way there is counterplay. Instead of players using that skill to stuck absurb amounts of bleed that cannot be avoided.

Let me know what you all think.

What do I think, OP? I think you need to understand Renegade better.

Renegade has always been subpar. For once, Rev has become meta but ONLY Renegade and it's only in raids and Herald in WvW. Although recent changes have changed things, so it's place in the meta is unknown at the moment. Why do you want to nerf a class, and spec, that's been nerfed into the ground?

@Loboling.5293 someone is going to miss the sarcasm with this post.

@Kanok.3027 said:What do I think, OP? I think you need to understand Renegade better.

Renegade has always been subpar. For once, Rev has become meta but ONLY Renegade and it's only in raids and Herald in WvW. Although recent changes have changed things, so it's place in the meta is unknown at the moment. Why do you want to nerf a class, and spec, that's been nerfed into the ground?

See ?

One day renegade might become PvP viable. One can only wish ?

@otto.5684 said:@Loboling.5293 someone is going to miss the sarcasm with this post.

@Kanok.3027 said:What do I think, OP? I think you need to understand Renegade better.

See ?

One day renegade might become PvP viable. One can only wish ?

Internet is a bad place to do sarcasm. Remember same complaints got hammer nerfed and Centari is now unusable in SPvP.

Archived