What's up with the Pillar of Ulgoth

Gorkus.7496

I just started doing world bosses... today. And the first time I completed Modniir Ulgoth, I got his Pillar. Maybe I'm lucky, but I don't know. Statistically, it's no better than the rare staff my elementalist already wields. So I was about to salvage it for ectoplasm, but then I saw how much it was selling for on the TP. My questions are: Why is it so pricey? What's so good about it? Is there some reason I should keep it or imbue it with sigils and use it, even though it's no better than what I already have? Is it just an issue of it "looking cool?"

Thanks!

As far as I know the Pillar of Ulgoth isn't used in any recipes or collections. Also it doesn't have any Sigils. So the price is purely for the skin.Exotic weapons usually sell around 1g - 2g with greatswords and staves being more on the expensive end. This is due to precursor gambling keeping the prices up.If a weapon costs more than that, you should check the sigil. Often the sigil is worth more than the weapon. Use a Black Lion Salvage Kit in this case.

@"Gorkus.7496" said:Is it worth it then for me to hold onto the Pillar as a precursor for when the time comes to craft a legendary? Currently none of my character's crafting skills are above 450 and my current need is, obviously, boat loads of ecto.

"Precursor" is usually used to refer to the specific exotic (or in the case of 2nd gen, ascended) weapons used in the Mystic Forge to create a legendary - the Pillar of Ulgoth is not one of these.

If you buy the precursor from the TP you don't need any craft higher than 400.

@"Ronan.9518" said:Highly doubt it is the skin itself, since you can easily buy it for 420 Karma.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Modniir_Quarterstaff.No idea why it's at a price of 6,7 gold currently.

I'm sure it is the skin - people don't make comparisons before bidding 90% of the time. Many prices on the TP make no sense at all because most bidders don't understand how money works.

@Biff.5312 said:

@"Ronan.9518" said:Highly doubt it is the skin itself, since you can easily buy it for 420 Karma.
.No idea why it's at a price of 6,7 gold currently.

I'm sure it is the skin - people don't make comparisons before bidding 90% of the time. Many prices on the TP make no sense at all because most bidders don't understand how money works.

Might be the most attuned answer of all time. :)

Archived