Tell me a core build class that have real oportunities vs a mirage (protip you cant)

Axelteas.7192

Pure condi burn core guard is a niche build that works against some classes/builds but because of its lack of condi coverage, can struggle against opponents with decent condi clear and just knowing that you are a burn guard puts you at a disadvantage because then they just need to watch for the burns.Furthermore with all the new anti-condi runes/sigils like anti-toxin runes and cleansing sigils, pure condi builds are getting harder and harder to play.

A hybrid or pure power DPS core guard on the other hand, is a lot deadlier I feel.I heard from friends that a hybrid or power DPS core guard utilizing Radiance trait is a force to be reckon with.

And to answer your title, try core necro =p5 mins and 20 seconds onwards, fought two very good mirages.vT's power mirage and EV's condi mirage.vT is a guild packed with skilled roamers.EV mirage was a mesmer that I've tried beating for the past 5 years but only managed this 1 win recently thanks to cleansing sigils haha...

Either way, my advise would be to stick with your favorite class and experiment with builds + ask for tips on the guardian forum (if guard is your favorite).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctt6piLXQ0Y

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Pure condi burn core guard is a niche build that works against some classes/builds but because of its lack of condi coverage, can struggle against opponents with decent condi clear and just knowing that you are a burn guard puts you at a disadvantage because then they just need to watch for the burns.Furthermore with all the new anti-condi runes/sigils like anti-toxin runes and cleansing sigils, pure condi builds are getting harder and harder to play.

A hybrid or pure power DPS core guard on the other hand, is a lot deadlier I feel.I heard from friends that a hybrid or power DPS core guard utilizing Radiance trait is a force to be reckon with.

And to answer your title, try core necro =p5 mins and 20 seconds onwards, fought two very good mirages.vT's power mirage and EV's condi mirage.vT is a guild packed with skilled roamers.EV mirage was a mesmer that I've tried beating for the past 5 years but only managed this 1 win recently thanks to cleansing sigils haha...

Either way, my advise would be to stick with your favorite class and experiment with builds + ask for tips on the guardian forum (if guard is your favorite).

Second core necro. I have little trouble with beating mirages, I typically swap a skill on my bar up for them but nothing crazy. Can beat them with glass core necro of both zerker (peak power damage) and grieving (terrormancer) variants. Their boring and annoying as hell to fight but they typically don't scare me.

Core meditation burst guards can even more so mug a mirage, but a little hint, don't assume the staff is only for support. I still need to do a staff/staff burst guard roaming video..

@Icewielder.4195 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Pure condi burn core guard is a niche build that works against some classes/builds but because of its lack of condi coverage, can struggle against opponents with decent condi clear and just knowing that you are a burn guard puts you at a disadvantage because then they just need to watch for the burns.Furthermore with all the new anti-condi runes/sigils like anti-toxin runes and cleansing sigils, pure condi builds are getting harder and harder to play.

Second core necro. I have little trouble with beating mirages, I typically swap a skill on my bar up for them but nothing crazy. Can beat them with glass core necro of both zerker (peak power damage) and grieving (terrormancer) variants. Their boring and annoying as hell to fight but they typically don't scare me.

Core meditation burst guards can even more so mug a mirage, but a little hint, don't assume the staff is only for support. I still need to do a staff/staff burst guard roaming video..

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing a staff firebrand defeat a mirage.It was so shocking I think I chose to forget it as a one-time fluke lol.And looking forward to your staff guard video!

@Axelteas.7192 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:In spvp power core guards win against mirage 1v1, Im guessing it would work in wvw too.If youre playing the game buy the expac, theres no reason not to.

my pc can run core gw2, but I tried the beta of POF and was like 3-4 fps unplayable

Well the game is notorious for being badly optimized(gtx 1060 and even 1080 dont get 60 fps with max settings). You might want to change some setting before setting out to the pof/hot zones.If youre playing only wvw/spvp even the e-specs alone are worth it.You might want to get a PC thats not a potato.

@Axelteas.7192 said:I play burn guardian in wvw, dont have the exansion, and its cancerous how easily mesmers with the spec mirage kill me. Its cancerous, I can win with every class except this, because by what i've read is broken and overpowered, what can I do instead of running away when i see a mirage?

Lmao, you literally are playing a counter to condi mirage. Get better!

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Pure condi burn core guard is a niche build that works against some classes/builds but because of its lack of condi coverage, can struggle against opponents with decent condi clear and just knowing that you are a burn guard puts you at a disadvantage because then they just need to watch for the burns.Furthermore with all the new anti-condi runes/sigils like anti-toxin runes and cleansing sigils, pure condi builds are getting harder and harder to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctt6piLXQ0Y

The irony is that valk core guard can (or could) win vs mirage quite easily because of the insane damage they can do especially with smite conditions. I've seen that hit for 4k+ on a mirage with 2.9k armour.

Yet there's only 1 core mesmer build that is remotely viable in WvW and that's the old PU condi roamer with chaos, insp, illusions and even they I wouldn't say it can beat anything now condition cleanse is so high in most roamer specs.

Archived