Why no Serpentine Jewels from the Reward track?

Jeknar.6184

I've finished the Thunderhead Peaks reward track and I noticed that there wasn't a single Jewel along the way (I'm still sitting at 0 jewels). However if we want to craft anything from the Thunderhead peaks, we need those, which make the reward track somewhat pointless as they were supposed to be an alternative way of PvP/WvW players to get PvE rewards without having to go to PvE.

Can we get at least a few Serpentine Jewels added to it? Oh and the Wood Shipment is missing from the WvW version as the 38th reward (It's correct on the PvP one).

@"Jeknar.6184" said:I've finished the Thunderhead Peaks reward track and I noticed that there wasn't a single Jewel along the way (I'm still sitting at 0 jewels). However if we want to craft anything from the Thunderhead peaks, we need those, which make the reward track somewhat pointless as they were supposed to be an alternative way of PvP/WvW players to get PvE rewards without having to go to PvE.

Can we get at least a few Serpentine Jewels added to it? Oh and the Wood Shipment is missing from the WvW version as the 38th reward (It's correct on the PvP one).

No need for them as you can get an armor piece from the reward track.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thunderhead_Peaks_Cache

Edit: Looked closer and saw it was just the legs. They should make it be an armor box to select the armor piece.

The jewels should still remain as a reward only earned on the map.

That is consistent with the other PoF reward tracks, but then none of the PoF / LS 4 maps have currency rewards that only come from Metas.

HoT reward tracks however, award all the meta currencies as well as the maps currencies (except crystalline ore because reasons) which can also be used to purchase meta currency from the vendors.

I suspect ANET wants to make this meta currency harder to grind out, so I doubt they would make it easier to obtain by adding it to PvP/WvW reward tracks.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The jewels should still remain as a reward only earned on the map.

Give me one good reason for that

Living world content and only so long as they add the rest of the exotic armor to the final reward track chest.

Anet specifically made them untradable and a rare drop outside of the daily final chest at the end of the catacomb “puzzle”. Having them as a reward track reward would circumvent that.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The jewels should still remain as a reward only earned on the map.

Living world content and only so long as they add the rest of the exotic armor to the final reward track chest.

Yes, but other collections from Living World, such as Requiem Armor or the Bettle Mount didn't require me to stay multiple days on the map farming a certain currency. All the currency I used for those collections came from either the reward track or the trading post, while only going to the map to do events that were actually part of the requirements and not to farm some obscure currency with a low drop rate.

Also, I don't need a PvE-only currency if I want to make Ascended Plaguedoctor stat as I can buy the insignias and recipes with only map currency that comes from the reward track. Why do I need to go PvE for the Diviner's one?

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Yes, but other collections from Living World, such as Requiem Armor or the Bettle Mount didn't require me to stay multiple days on the map farming a certain currency. All the currency I used for those collections came from either the reward track or the trading post, while only going to the map to do events that were actually part of the requirements and not to farm some obscure currency with a low drop rate.

Those provided map currency. The jewels are not a currency.

Also, I don't need a PvE-only currency if I want to make Ascended Plaguedoctor stat as I can buy the insignias and recipes with only map currency that comes from the reward track. Why do I need to go PvE for the Diviner's one?

Because Anet feels some rewards must be earned by playing specific content otherwise they would have made them available elsewhere. With how restrictive they made the jewels, it lends to the argument that this was the direction they intended.

I also recall that WvW has stat selectable armor that you can buy from playing that game mode.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Because Anet feels some rewards must be earned by playing specific content otherwise they would have made them available elsewhere. With how restrictive they made the jewels, it lends to the argument that this was the direction they intended.

I also recall that WvW has stat selectable armor that you can buy from playing that game mode.

And how will you make the weapons? Yes u wont.This reminds me of a similar concept that was made with Istan and stellar/astral weapons, only you could trade the rose quartz. You cant trade serpentine jewels. I have been through 2 metas, opened 24 dwarven treasure chests, 3-5 hidden chests and got 0 (thats right, ZERO) jewels. Now, what else do i need to do?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

And how will you make the weapons? Yes u wont.This reminds me of a similar concept that was made with Istan and stellar/astral weapons, only you could trade the rose quartz. You cant trade serpentine jewels. I have been through 2 metas, opened 24 dwarven treasure chests, 3-5 hidden chests and got 0 (thats right, ZERO) jewels. Now, what else do i need to do?

Weapons can be obtained in WvW just like the armor.

If you’ve opened hidden chests then you clearly didn’t complete the catacomb puzzle as you would have received a guaranteed 3 jewels.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Not the Dragonsblood ones... Just like the Stellar ones he mentioned.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

If you’ve opened hidden chests then you clearly didn’t complete the catacomb puzzle as you would have received a guaranteed 3 jewels.

Uhm... Would you care to elaborate as to how i wi get dragonblood weapons in wvw?

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Dragonsblood is a unique PvE set. If you want that then you need to do PvE just like you had to do PvE for the luminescent Armor during LS2. There are other skins that are also only obtainable in PvE.

If you need the stats then you have options available.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Uhm... Would you care to elaborate as to how i wi get dragonblood weapons in wvw?

You get the stats. That set is PvE only similarly to how WvW and sPvP have unique sets.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You get the stats. That set is PvE only similarly to how WvW and sPvP have unique sets.

I was talking about dragonblood skins. And i do not mind doing pve for them, but maybe, just MAYBE, their drop rate is a bit low. Plus, make then tradeable. For god's sake, they even made the armor pieces (upper half and lower half, as well as the entire completed piece) you get from the thunderhead keep map tradeable. Why not the jewels?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Dragonsblood is a unique PvE set. If you want that then you need to do PvE just like you had to do PvE for the luminescent Armor during LS2. There are other skins that are also only obtainable in PvE.

Then what's even the point of the Reward Track if Branded Mass is useless without Serpentine Jewels?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

I was talking about dragonblood skins. And i do not mind doing pve for them, but maybe, just MAYBE, their drop rate is a bit low. Plus, make then tradeable. For god's sake, they even made the armor pieces (upper half and lower half, as well as the entire completed piece) you get from the thunderhead keep map tradeable. Why not the jewels?

Which is why I said “that set” in my post. The jewels being rare is to encourage players to play the map.

Playing the map a few days to get the weapons that you need is not that big of a time investment. Like you mentioned, you can also just by the complete plate to bypass doing the metas.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Then what's even the point of the Reward Track if Branded Mass is useless without Serpentine Jewels?

To acquire the currency which you also need.

I dunno what Anet bet was making Serpentine Jewels accusations so twisted. Keep map alive? But they overtwisted it this time. Map will be dead soon enough.New builds that could possibly be using Diviner stats mix, would be designed the way that Diviner will be mostly trinkets.Unless Anet makes Serpentine Jewels drops bit more generous.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Which is why I said “that set” in my post. The jewels being rare is to encourage players to play the map.

Playing the map a few days to get the weapons that you need is not that big of a time investment. Like you mentioned, you can also just by the complete plate to bypass doing the metas.

As i have said before, I like doing pve. And, at worst, if one does the grand chest once per day (and is reeeeally unlucky with other sources that drop the jewels) , it would take 16 days for all weapons to craft. Which isnt too bad. Memories of the daily renowned hearts form draconis mons come to mind...

I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

This is more like Ambrite weapon-level of farm.

@Iris Ng.9845 said:I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

I counted 60 masses per weapon. 10 plus 50 for the inscription. Where does the 210 come from?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Iris Ng.9845 said:I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

I counted 60 masses per weapon. 10 plus 50 for the inscription. Where does the 210 come from?

150 for the ascended version. It looks better.

Archived