Volatile Magic Logging Tool (3 or 4 strikes?)

trouble.3562

@ReaverKane.7598 said:It's probably like the Unbound Magic ones, they do indeed perform 4 strikes in 1 animation, but that only works on rare nodes and other nodes that don't deplete in 3, iirc.It is overall a faster gathering tool, which is why i've changed all my tools to that skin.

Personally, I thought the unbound magic skin was a lot quicker over the Volatile; though I do use the volatile rune-thing for the extra volatile magic since I do not need unbound magic passively anymore. But wanted to +1 or upvote this, as I can confirm-ish.

@trouble.3562 said:i tested it in MAlchors Leap wood. And it always gives me 3 strikes (3 woods per tree). Never 4. So u are saying it gives 4 but in like special ocations :P?

I believe they are referring to the Rich nodes more than likely; ones you can farm on more than once. Or another great example, guild hall synthesizers. If your guild hall has maxed out synthesizers, those also work.

@trouble.3562 said:i tested it in MAlchors Leap wood. And it always gives me 3 strikes (3 woods per tree). Never 4. So u are saying it gives 4 but in like special ocations :P?

Regular Ore and Wood nodes only have 3 strikes to get, without bonuses. Some boosts and the Glyph of Bounty can give bonus strikes.GH synthesizers have up to 10 strikes, try there!

I tried the VM mining pick on a rich node and it took 4 interactions to get the 10 materials: 3+3+3+1. I have never gotten 4 'gathers' in one animation, which is a real shame cos that means i'm stuck using the volatile glyph on unbound magic tools. On the other hand, i love my jack-in-the-box harvester so much that i'll happily spam it on guild nodes etc :)

Are you interrupting your mining? Do you have a chance at an extra strike? Rich nodes always take 3 for me, so you're doing something or your tools are not working as intended.

Unless you're counting underwater tool use which was never updated to four strikes (bizarrely they reduced unbound magic tools from 4 strikes underwater to 3 per use).

There's a lot of finicky stuff going on with gathering in general. A couple races gather at different paces so interrupting isn't optimal for them. Also with extra gathering strike, sometimes nodes fall when using certain tool animations which don't allow you that extra gathering strike. Inconsistencies all over the place.

After an update, all unlimited mining and logging tools were supposed to hit 4 times when gathering rich nodes or GH synthesizers. However, this was before the volatile magic tools were released and I can confirm that, with the volatile magic tools, I never get 4 strikes. It always takes 4 interactions (3+3+3+1) when gathering a rich node a a Gh synthesizer. I believe this was unintended but it has never been fixed since.

Archived