Its ImPOssiBle tO gEt oUt of GOld

Bashi.8902

I agree but I’m not sure your screen is relevant. Did you climb up this season? A screen showing that would be more relevant.

In general, the thing that drags down rating the most ends up being the time commitment needed to climb and the issues with off hours queuing that pop up when a player has limited time to play.

I think @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said somewhere that roughly 30% of platinum ranked people start in gold and finish in platinum. I don’t think he mentioned how many games they played on average but I’d suspect it was in the 250 +/- 50 range. That seems to be the point where personal skill rather than team skill and random chance balance out.

Of course, when you add in the number of games played you have to hope the player is improving or staying “sharper” than a player who ends the season with 50-100 games played.

I’d be curious about the top 250 players and what percent of those who play the minimum games for being on the leaderboard the following season had to climb. Presumably those players are already “sharp” and can begin to climb immediately.

@saerni.2584 said:I agree but I’m not sure your screen is relevant. Did you climb up this season? A screen showing that would be more relevant.

In general, the thing that drags down rating the most ends up being the time commitment needed to climb and the issues with off hours queuing that pop up when a player has limited time to play.

I think @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said somewhere that roughly 30% of platinum ranked people start in gold and finish in platinum. I don’t think he mentioned how many games they played on average but I’d suspect it was in the 250 +/- 50 range. That seems to be the point where personal skill rather than team skill and random chance balance out.

Of course, when you add in the number of games played you have to hope the player is improving or staying “sharper” than a player who ends the season with 50-100 games played.

I’d be curious about the top 250 players and what percent of those who play the minimum games for being on the leaderboard the following season had to climb. Presumably those players are already “sharp” and can begin to climb immediately.

just gonna say this. I started in gold 2 this season. Had terrible Placements. played 50 matches or so to even remotely get close to plat. then dropped in and out of plat for another couple of matches. After a certain time i felt like improving. 159 games in a week later here we are. Plat2. I hear way to often that its impossible to climb so i just had to make a post so people would start actually improving their own gameplay instead of blaming their team for everything.

While everything is true that has been said here, I've had huge losingstreaks because teammates doing obvious stupid things (double capping, rotating to far when enemy is respawning, overrotating, trying to stomp a 1hp downed enemy instead of cleaving,...) but all in all I never leave g3 and always end up climbing back to plat

@"Snellibee.2761" said:While everything is true that has been said here, I've had huge losingstreaks because teammates doing obvious stupid things (double capping, rotating to far when enemy is respawning, overrotating, trying to stomp a 1hp downed enemy instead of cleaving,...) but all in all I never leave g3 and always end up climbing back to plat

Sometimes people don't know any better. At the start of each match, I usually say:

"Res Team-Mates, Stomp Enemies, Cleave Really Low Downed. Runner (If we have one) start home then rotate between decapping their home and capping ours when needed. Fight on point at all times."

Something to that effect, anywho. A bit of communication really does work wonders, and I'm honestly surprised when I enter a match and something hasn't already said "who is going home" at the very least (though, I usually don't get any more than that in team-chat). People can't read each other's minds and its never good to assume everyone knows their stuff even if it's obvious to you.

I used to have people talk more (I pieced that first quote based on what I was told by other people when I was a noob at sPvP, and it worked wonders for me), but lately, people have been quieter in matches. It's odd.

Also, duo-queuing significantly reduces the chances of a loss, especially if you have a friend who plays a thief and is a good runner. That is probably the role you'll have the least chance of getting covered by PUGs and it is very good to have.

Noone said it's impossible to get out of gold. The issue is that you still have a lot of unfun/frustrating matchs to go through in order to get back to your deserved rating.

Doing 159 games in 8 days is a lot though. Probably many of the complainers ( myself included from time to time) would only judge first 30 games. After 7 years and several seasons, i fail to see the point of experiencing unfun and frustrating matchs every season.

Did my placements on core staff ele in hopes that I would land somewhere close to bronze. I landed in gold 2. I switched to a meme-core guard with spirit hammer and shield and literally farmed people 1v3. It's all on stream and vods for anyone that doesn't believe me.

MMR hell does not exist. It's literally just a case of getting good, sorry to say.

Archived