Are there any Bloodbound-like gears that are easier to get? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are there any Bloodbound-like gears that are easier to get?

BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 3, 2019 in Players Helping Players

As an altoholic who plays casually, account-bound level-scaling gears (preferably, trinkets) that aren’t too expensive or time comsuming to get would be amazing.

Maybe green quality gears that require 30 Provisioner Tokens or something? 250 tokens is just way too hardcore for me. They’re even more effort than ascended weapons.

Comments

• @BlueJin.4127 said:
    As an altoholic who plays casually, account-bound level-scaling trinkets that aren’t too expensive or time comsuming to get would be amazing.

Maybe green quality gears that require 30 Provisioner Tokens or something? Preferably trinkets? 250 tokens is just way too hardcore for me. They’re even more effort than ascended weapons.

The ineffable armor & weapons are "leveling" gear that offers stats somewhat above the named level, and remains account bound on use.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leveling_equipment

They are very expensive for temporary use by a single character and only come in sub-L80 varieties, with limited options. I think very few players will find use for them outside of L18 for key runners.

On the plus side, they are really simple to craft and I think they meet your "30 Provisioner token" cost requirement.

However realistically, I can't imagine storing an entire set of leveling gear for each relevant level; I find it simpler, easier, and sufficiently effective just to use the gear made available via leveling plus whatever drops.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@BlueJin.4127 said:
    As an altoholic who plays casually, account-bound level-scaling trinkets that aren’t too expensive or time comsuming to get would be amazing.

Maybe green quality gears that require 30 Provisioner Tokens or something? Preferably trinkets? 250 tokens is just way too hardcore for me. They’re even more effort than ascended weapons.

The ineffable armor & weapons are "leveling" gear that offers stats somewhat above the named level, and remains account bound on use.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leveling_equipment

They are very expensive for temporary use by a single character and only come in sub-L80 varieties, with limited options. I think very few players will find use for them outside of L18 for key runners.

On the plus side, they are really simple to craft and I think they meet your "30 Provisioner token" cost requirement.

However realistically, I can't imagine storing an entire set of leveling gear for each relevant level; I find it simpler, easier, and sufficiently effective just to use the gear made available via leveling plus whatever drops.

or just buy a set of masterwork every couple of levels

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

There's really no point, you can just level a brand new toon to L80 with tomes of knowledge

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
  • @crepuscular.9047 said:
    There's really no point, you can just level a brand new toon to L80 with tomes of knowledge

This is for people who like to play sub-80.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• The content below level 80 just isn't hard enough to justify super-optimized gear. Just play to level 80 - get your good gear then.

• @crepuscular.9047 said:

New or semi-new players won't have that many tomes. Come to think of it, if you don't do either PvP or WvW, you won't have any to speak of.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have leveled 7 toons trough pve, there is no need for specific armor set etc. Gear from level rewards and karma vendors is good enough to get you to 80.

Va'esse deireádh aep eigean, va'esse eigh faidh'ar

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.