I think Reverent needs better stun breakers outside of Glint/Shiro

Hiki.9310

@rng.1024 said:You have a trait that breaks stun on legend swap, and usually an additional one in each legend - that's already more breaks/second than alot of other professions have access to.

The problem is that for stunbreak on legend swap you need to trait for it, and the stunbreaks on legends all have a catch. Glint's stunbreak needs to be pressed twice or have it active(it's not really a big deal) and shiro's stunbreak requires a lot of energy. Whilst all other stunbreaks on other classes are instantly available to you when you need them, that is when they're off CD though.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@rng.1024 said:You have a trait that breaks stun on legend swap, and usually an additional one in each legend - that's already more breaks/second than alot of other professions have access to.

The problem is that for stunbreak on legend swap you need to trait for it, and the stunbreaks on legends all have a catch. Glint's stunbreak needs to be pressed twice or have it active(it's not really a big deal) and shiro's stunbreak requires a lot of energy. Whilst all other stunbreaks on other classes are instantly available to you when you need them, that is when they're off CD though.

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

You're telling me you have to actually pick stunbreaks in traits as part of your build?

You also have to think about whether you have a stunbreak on the legend and it's cost/benefit?

Steady on there, I think I need a lie down, this is far too much for me to handle. Having to actually make choices and trade offs seems completely unreasonable.

The only stun break I think I would like changed is Jalis's. It's really sort of lame to have a stun-break also have a long casting bar: usually when you need to stun break you need to dodge out of there ASAP, and that means wasting the later part of the skill (the stone form). One could argue mallyx has a similar issue, but his stun break has a pretty small casting time.

Thematically speaking, I think the stun break would go better with the brick road skill, since that one already gives stability, and has a cooldown. I don't know how much ANet would raise its energy cost to make it work as a stun break, but generally speaking I have energy to spare in my 10 seconds of using Jalis so I am pretty sure I could manage. ^_^

Even though they all cost around 30 energy, this means they can be spammed for double breaks leaving them doubly efficient. Resetting your energy to 50% every 9 seconds allow you a free stunbreak on top of the trait available - that's 4 stunbreaks that can be used back to back. What other profession can do that?

@rng.1024 said:Even though they all cost around 30 energy, this means they can be spammed for double breaks leaving them doubly efficient. Resetting your energy to 50% every 9 seconds allow you a free stunbreak on top of the trait available - that's 4 stunbreaks that can be used back to back. What other profession can do that?

30 energy is nothing to scoff at, sure you can blow all your energy on stun-breaks for the highest stun-breaks per minute of any class but that leaves them unable to do anything except stun-break and auto attack. Which is the nature of an energy gated class vs a pure cool down gated class, if they blow all energy into one thing they better be good at it because they aren't doing much else.

Back on topic the Jalis stun-break Right of the Great Dwarf has to be the worst stun-break in the entire game, a 1.25 second unprotected cast time on any defensive skill is pretty much trash especially a stun-break because you pretty much always need to cancel it to dodge the incoming burst that always follows a stun. It isn't even that great when you complete the cast just a mildly stronger version of dolyak stance's damage reduction without all the extra goodies which that skill gives and all for the excessive cost of 40 energy.

@apharma.3741 said:

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

You're telling me you have to actually pick stunbreaks in traits as part of your build?

You also have to think about whether you have a stunbreak on the legend and it's cost/benefit?

Steady on there, I think I need a lie down, this is far too much for me to handle. Having to actually make choices and trade offs seems completely unreasonable.

All other classes just pick some instant stunbreaks that work whenever you want, I don't need your ignorance mate. Rev needs actual planning.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

All other classes just pick some instant stunbreaks that work whenever you want, I don't need your ignorance mate. Rev needs actual planning.

Nearly every single legend has a stunbreak, the only one that doesn't is Ventari so it's extremely difficult to be without a stunbreak option.

Pain Absorption and Riposting Shadows cost 30 energy (about 6s of time) while also giving condition management and or another benefit, they're some of the lowest effective cool down stunbreaks in the game.

Gaze of darkness is a 15s cool down stunbreak which is likewise exceptionally short cool down for a stunbreak.

Darkrazor's Daring is also a 12s CD 30 energy stunbreak, I'd argue sure it's a little high in cost and cool down but still will be available in every legend swap and low cool down compared to many classes.

Rite of the Great Dwarf costs 40 energy which is a fair bit but gives 50% damage reduction AND HAS NO COOL DOWN while being a stunbreak at the start.

Basically if you're without a stunbreak you either consciously picked a build sacrificing stunbreaks for something else (as there's really no reason to not use invo at all) or you've managed your energy/stunbreaks badly and you'd have died on other classes most likely.

Most classes have the freedom to choose utilities but rev gets a stunbreak on almost every legend so it's impossible to have a build with 0 stunbreaks and not choosing invo is like not choosing trickery on thief so you're likely to have a stunbreak at a rate that dwarfs all other classes.

@apharma.3741 said:

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

Nearly every single legend has a stunbreak, the only one that doesn't is Ventari so it's extremely difficult to be without a stunbreak option.

Pain Absorption and Riposting Shadows cost 30 energy (about 6s of time) while also giving condition management and or another benefit, they're some of the lowest effective cool down stunbreaks in the game.

Gaze of darkness is a 15s cool down stunbreak which is likewise exceptionally short cool down for a stunbreak.

Darkrazor's Daring is also a 12s CD 30 energy stunbreak, I'd argue sure it's a little high in cost and cool down but still will be available in every legend swap and low cool down compared to many classes.

Rite of the Great Dwarf costs 40 energy which is a fair bit but gives 50% damage reduction AND HAS NO COOL DOWN while being a stunbreak at the start.

Basically if you're without a stunbreak you either consciously picked a build sacrificing stunbreaks for something else (as there's really no reason to not use invo at all) or you've managed your energy/stunbreaks badly and you'd have died on other classes most likely.

Most classes have the freedom to choose utilities but rev gets a stunbreak on almost every legend so it's impossible to have a build with 0 stunbreaks and not choosing invo is like not choosing trickery on thief so you're likely to have a stunbreak at a rate that dwarfs all other classes.

First of all, I don't think Revenant needs better stunbreaks, I just said what I think OP meant. Revenant requires planning with energy to stunrbeak unlike other classes where you can just use anything that isn't on CD. While with Revenant you need to make sure you don't use too many skills too quick or one CC could kill you and I think that is what annoys OP.

Also Gaze of Darkness is 20s CD in sPvP.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

First of all, I don't think Revenant needs better stunbreaks, I just said what I think OP meant. Revenant requires planning with energy to stunrbeak unlike other classes where you can just use anything that isn't on CD. While with Revenant you need to make sure you don't use too many skills too quick or one CC could kill you and I think that is what annoys OP.

True, my mistake it is 20s CD.

Yeah know what happens when you mismanage your cool downs? You have no stunbreak and die. The point is that managing your resources and making proper choices on what traits/skills (legends in rev case) you use is universal across all classes. It may take different forms between classes but it's still universal even for revenant.

@apharma.3741 said:

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

Yeah know what happens when you mismanage your cool downs? You have no stunbreak and die. The point is that managing your resources and making proper choices on what traits/skills (legends in rev case) you use is universal across all classes. It may take different forms between classes but it's still universal even for revenant.

Theres not rly a need to use your stunbreak when you're not stunned, so it's not like you need to manage it much like Revenant needs to manage their energy, though.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

Theres not rly a need to use your stunbreak when you're not stunned, so it's not like you need to manage it much like Revenant needs to manage their energy, though.

Most stunbreaks don't just stunbreak they're also a form of damage mitigation too. On core ele mistform and arcane shield are my stunbreaks but they're also part of my defences to mitigate burst.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

WHOA!

You just blew my mind.

Judges Intervention and Contemplation of Purity says hi.

Archived