Renegade build for pvp (last season legend)

The Ace.9105

I've played with this a bit now. It's really fun, just struggles with the rampant cc out there and the near 1 shot dmg of things like power mirage or other revs. Still, the teamfight potential of this is actually quite scary (especially if you catch the other team off guard with the full renegade burst). Would be nice if the summon that added bleed wasn't completely useless to the spec outside of a condi build and the spec had more stability but yeah, good fun.

Here's a Condi Renegade build that works decently enough if you're on your toes. I don't know what it is for me, but I just prefer Condi Renegade over Power since Power Renegade is basically another version of Herald w/Shiro. Give Mallyx the Unyielding some <3 people :s . Nah, Power works too. Renegade is flexible like that :) .

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAV5nnfNWMTuJvmRJlbzsjysZ4SZ3Mor8bmFUlKNAGgGQtC+gS4PEXxYE-jZhAABAcBAIa/B9LDsxRAojHCAA

This build does not work in NA and is meme tier.

Was it you that I farmed in the FFA arena the season before last when you were testing this spec, and just recently dominated you in game while you were using this spec (even though my mentally ill adult teammmates lost everywhere else on map).

Congratulations on Legendary in EU though.

I guess calling EU more skilled than NA is beating a dead meme at this point.

@JayAction.9056 said:This build does not work in NA and is meme tier.

Was it you that I farmed in the FFA arena the season before last when you were testing this spec, and just recently dominated you in game while you were using this spec (even though my mentally ill adult teammmates lost everywhere else on map).

Wow. That toxicity tho just to get a drama reaction over NA vs EU lmao.

Yes, before last season you did kill me a few times in ffa arena. I didn't have this build back then and I just had made the first version of the build 3 days before I fought you. During the season we met a few times not recently tho and had some decent matches where we won together and where you won and where I won. Most of the matches where we played were pretty decent and I like you as a player in a match, you are a good revenant and know what you are doing. Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish the season without decay on NA cause I wanted to get legend on EU and because pvp in NA is even more dead than on EU. Also the NA time zones are pretty terrible for me and the 100-200 ping doesn't help either.

That being said, I did got to rank 13 on NA but as I said didn't have time to finish the season without decay. I still ended up being rank 66 if I remember correctly. Rank 34 on EU.

@The Ace.9105 said:

This build does not work in NA and is meme tier.

Wow. That toxicity tho just to get a drama reaction over NA vs EU lmao.

Yes, before last season you did kill me a few times in ffa arena. I didn't have this build back then and I just had made the first version of the build 3 days before I fought you. During the season we met a few times not recently tho and had some decent matches where we won together and where you won and where I won. Most of the matches where we played were pretty decent and I like you as a player in a match, you are a good revenant and know what you are doing. Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish the season without decay on NA cause I wanted to get legend on EU and because pvp in NA is even more dead than on EU. Also the NA time zones are pretty terrible for me and the 100-200 ping doesn't help either.

That being said, I did got to rank 13 on NA but as I said didn't have time to finish the season without decay. I still ended up being rank 66 if I remember correctly. Rank 34 on EU.

Oh my bad I did not mean to come across toxic. You actually play the build very well and I doubt many people would see anywhere near the amount of success you have with it.

I gave it a try, and while Mad king is definitely the right rune for this build giving renegade some much needed sustain - it still suffers from the same problem all Renegade bow builds do. Bow would just be a whole lot better if it didn't have two dead-weight skills. The auto attack is nice and fast, and skill 4+5 have good synergistic use. But shortbow 2+3 are just useless skills. Weapons can get away with having one bad skill and still be viable, but having two garbage abilities really hurts and makes you feel artificially limited. I can see how it may be possible to do well with this build if you have the patience to really learn it, but I'd rather not.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:I gave it a try, and while Mad king is definitely the right rune for this build giving renegade some much needed sustain - it still suffers from the same problem all Renegade bow builds do. Bow would just be a whole lot better if it didn't have two dead-weight skills. The auto attack is nice and fast, and skill 4+5 have good synergistic use. But shortbow 2+3 are just useless skills. Weapons can get away with having one bad skill and still be viable, but having two garbage abilities really hurts and makes you feel artificially limited. I can see how it may be possible to do well with this build if you have the patience to really learn it, but I'd rather not.

I agree with you. Skill 2 and 3 are pretty much useless in pvp and they need to be reworked.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:It's basically just what you prefer. Avatar has the highest damage, mender has the highest healing, cele is best for bunkering and sage has most pressure.

Do you not think Healing Power is a wasted stat on Revenant in general though?

On renegade it's not since renegade healing skill has insane scaling with healing power. In general without renegade yes it's a bit of a waste since you'd probably run herald with glint heal.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:I gave it a try, and while Mad king is definitely the right rune for this build giving renegade some much needed sustain - it still suffers from the same problem all Renegade bow builds do. Bow would just be a whole lot better if it didn't have two dead-weight skills. The auto attack is nice and fast, and skill 4+5 have good synergistic use. But shortbow 2+3 are just useless skills. Weapons can get away with having one bad skill and still be viable, but having two garbage abilities really hurts and makes you feel artificially limited. I can see how it may be possible to do well with this build if you have the patience to really learn it, but I'd rather not.

I agree with you. Skill 2 and 3 are pretty much useless in pvp and they need to be reworked.

I think they should leave 7 shot alone... It's fine to have a skill shot, and if you use it from mid range it's gonna give 4-5 torment stacks pretty easily (+ traited procs and finishers). Maybe give it a pvp only energy cost reduction tho to make up for all seven never hitting tho... Make it cost like 5 energy or something.

But yeah, they need to make sb2 track moving targets. Or just make it insta-gib like scepter skills do. It's not like the arrows from it are even projectile finishers.... It's kinda dumb. Maybe if they were finishers, it'd be okay. But they're not, so I dunno.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:It's basically just what you prefer. Avatar has the highest damage, mender has the highest healing, cele is best for bunkering and sage has most pressure.

Do you not think Healing Power is a wasted stat on Revenant in general though?

It usually is. There are 2 legends that have ok-ish healing power scaling and they are Kalla / Ventari.

That being said, you could probably run Paladins instead of Avatar and notice little difference.

@narcx.3570 said:

I think they should leave 7 shot alone... It's fine to have a skill shot, and if you use it from mid range it's gonna give 4-5 torment stacks pretty easily (+ traited procs and finishers). Maybe give it a pvp only energy cost reduction tho to make up for all seven never hitting tho... Make it cost like 5 energy or something.

But yeah, they need to make sb2 track moving targets. Or just make it insta-gib like scepter skills do. It's not like the arrows from it are even projectile finishers.... It's kinda dumb. Maybe if they were finishers, it'd be okay. But they're not, so I dunno.

The problem with 7 shot is that it's too slow in pvp and it needs a certain range to work. I've only hit the 7 shot once to a thief who ran away and just happened to port to the place where the 7 arrows meet. There's no skill involved in the skill and it's just pure luck if it really hits or not.

@"calebswag.8265" said:why are you using shortbow? it seems like the build is power based and i don't get why you wouldn't just run double sword? The shortbow damage seems weak and the only things you have to help with condi damage is mad king condi duration.

Before and during the season I tried different builds and combinations and originally used 2 swords. The 2 sword variant works ok but the style of play with renegade really benefits from the short bow since you want the enemy to come near you. With sword the enemy can just stand outside of your aoe and if you chase it you run out of energy pretty quickly and your utilities aren't really that effective. Double sword mainly works cause the mode is conquest and you can hold the point.

The idea with short bow is that you can stand in your aoe fields and still pressure the enemy. Also the lifesteal elite on kalla triggers once when the short bow auto hits the target and once when the auto applies bleeding so you receive double lifesteal (~800) in 1/2 seconds aoe which gives you more sustain.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:Also the lifesteal elite on kalla triggers once when the short bow auto hits the target and once when the auto applies bleeding so you receive double lifesteal (~800) in 1/2 seconds aoe which gives you more sustain.

Uhhhhhh????

Someone verify this?

I'll check the next time I'm in game, I didn't think that was how it worked though.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@"calebswag.8265" said:why are you using shortbow? it seems like the build is power based and i don't get why you wouldn't just run double sword? The shortbow damage seems weak and the only things you have to help with condi damage is mad king condi duration.

Before and during the season I tried different builds and combinations and originally used 2 swords. The 2 sword variant works ok but the style of play with renegade really benefits from the short bow since you want the enemy to come near you. With sword the enemy can just stand outside of your aoe and if you chase it you run out of energy pretty quickly and your utilities aren't really that effective. Double sword mainly works cause the mode is conquest and you can hold the point.

The idea with short bow is that you can stand in your aoe fields and still pressure the enemy. Also the lifesteal elite on kalla triggers once when the short bow auto hits the target and once when the auto applies bleeding so you receive double lifesteal (~800) in 1/2 seconds aoe which gives you more sustain.

I also found that without the prot from glint and the glint heal itself, full melee is rough for revenant to handle as not running with armor makes you rather squishy and the shortbow affords some safety due to range. That being said, yes sword/sword would be better dmg but would make playing in your aoe's harder as well as put you at a much higher risk when playing this without the safety net of glint heal.

Archived