Class armor

I'd like to see more completed sets and less bits and bobs here and there.

Spec sets would have been great to flesh out eventually through profession collections.I enjoyed going after skins like Dark Harvest etc but I would have liked a similar thing resulting in unlocking a full armor set to go with it.The Reaper hood having a whole robed set would be cool.. likewise I'd love a full set of Dragonhunter armor.. and the Druid set too.Disappointing they never expanded on those.

I'd like to see more gw1 styles return too.

While it would be interesting to have an armor set with a thematic appearance for each profession (of course, each set would also be wearable by the other professions), I can't find any way for ArenaNet to release this. It would be five new armor sets (revenant already has its own); that's a lot more than we got in HoT, and as many armor sets as we got in PoF. Considering how a new expansion, if we ever get one, would also get armor based on its setting, that's probably way too much for ArenaNet to release in a single expansion.

ArenaNet could release them as armor sets in the Gem Store, but, considering how long it has been since they have released armor skins there, it appears that armor sets aren't the most profitable Gem Store item for them.

The most likely scenario would be for ArenaNet to release the "armor sets" as profession-based outfits in the Gem Store (just like we got the Monk outfit and the Dervish outfit). I wonder if that would appease the OP. Besides, ArenaNet doesn't appear to be fond of releasing full outfit sets - they have never completed the outfits based on the Six Gods, for example.

I wouldn't be opposed to class-specific Collections that unlocked specifically-themed armor skins, similar to the ones for Mistward Armor and the various Specialization Weapons. More obtainable armor skins is objectively a good thing, despite the amount of work required to make and implement them (though I fully understand why they might not do this).

However, I disagree with the OP's assessment of other armor skins, as well as its tone.

@"Aleksej.7453" said:I think we can all agree it would be cool to get a high end armor based on your class that actually looks nice not like this legendary bs. Like obsidian was in gw1. Am i right or am i right?

I would love it! The "legendary" armor, especially the medium sets, are the ugliest, most godawful, armor sets in the game...I wouldn't go so far as to click a button to get a set of it! :D

Archived