You gave us a mount, now let us joust!

LetoII.3782

So I don't really think proper medieval lances-and-lanes jousting is doable, I mean my favorite arcade game...

We have pounce, we have two open skill slots, we have a dismount mechanic.How much more is involved in setting it up so we can dismount each other Mario style? I don't know, but I think it'd be a great addition.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:only if a little kitten tune plays after successful dismounting. omg...

I don't recall a tune in Joust.. Just a 8-bit squawk from the buzzard who lost it's rider. Computers were very limited by storage back in the early 80's moreso than processor speed, which hasn't changed all that much single-core wise. So there wasn't much extra bling.

But I could definitely see say, the minstrel finisher's sound fitting right in xD

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I SOOOO miss that game....

If I had a basement and a hundred grand to spare, I'd definitely have Joust, Pac-Man, Asteroids and a SF2 cabinet.. Plus one less famous from the 90's called T-mech, it was the first lan-pvp game id ever seen. Probably not the first of its kind, but definitely the first to make it to my Podunk mall

@LetoII.3782 said:

If I had a basement and a hundred grand to spare, I'd definitely have Joust, Pac-Man, Asteroids and a SF2 cabinet.. Plus one less famous from the 90's called T-mech, it was the first lan-pvp game id ever seen. Probably not the first of its kind, but definitely the first to make it to my Podunk mall

I’d add Galaga and Stargate.

My freshman year roommate actually had a full size stargate that he brought to our dorm room. Got good at it.... Turned it over a couple times.., Yeah... nerdhood...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

My freshman year roommate actually had a full size stargate that he brought to our dorm room. Got good at it.... Turned it over a couple times.., Yeah... nerdhood...

Stargate.. Huh I know that game as Defender, definitely an oversight on my part

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Tron ftw.

Ive thought how cool jousting would be on the new mount.

@Ashen.2907 said:Add Dig Dug

And FroggerAnd Qbert

Now that I think of it, game companies really did away with diversity, didn't they?

Now a shooter is unique because it has a leveling system or a new gun. That's diversity lol

It's like 1982 all over again, flooded market with a million rehashes obscuring original works and ideas

@LetoII.3782 said:

Stargate.. Huh I know that game as Defender, definitely an oversight on my part

I think Stargate was a knockoff of defender. Different name, mostly same game.

Archived