Scourge or Herald

xiede.8543

I for the most part enjoy playing my little ranger, but it just doesn't really feel useful in the WvW runnings that I have done. I don't have a lot of time (to get the gold) to go invest in equipping out a bunch of characters, so if I were to pick one that would be most useful for the WvW meta, should I pick up a clothie in Scourge or a heavy in Herald? If the profession could function over in PvE as well, that would be a bonus.

Any recommendations?

Ranger is useful in WvW, but mostly for roaming/ganking, small-scale and occasionally being used to pin-snipe commanders/targets. If you want to zerg I'd recommend playing both scourge + herald since they are required for many AoE boon strip + long distance high dmg spike respectively. Check out the metabattle or vabbi builds websites for WvW builds.

I believe the most common scourge build runs mara stats while herald runs either a mix of mara + zerkers or mara + 2 soldier trinkets if they doing frontline sustain aka dwarf + glint. Idk depends on the player as well.

You do just fine in exotics from the TP, craft them as well. Pretty cheap easy to get.

Hope that helps answer your question.

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:Ranger is actually by far more useful than either scourge or Herald. It just requires you to be a skilled players and fully master the class. Herald and scourges are mainly for new players that are still learning the game and only know how to press 1 or 2 buttons for easy mode.

You clearly have no clue how scourge or herald work or you are a troll.

As for op's topic:

Scourge: runs either power (marauder- completely useless in pve) or celestial (not so good in pve either) in my opinion, cele is superior to marauder. But that's mainly from a guild perspective. In public's, marauder can do better.

Differences: cele gas higher group sustain from barriers and better sustained dmg, while marauder has higher spike capabilities.

Rev: is mostly played power (I know some guilds that run hybrid/Condi) but I don't know actual dmg numbers in pve. Just that there is a diviners renegade build

Ranger/soulbeast: is very hard to play good in zergs with the stances, but can work. But there's actually not many very good soulbeasts, so noone plays them.BUT: even if you don't get into the squad you can still be useful.Get yourself a good build (unlockable attacks) and go oneshot backliners or even frontliners.Invite other ranger players that aren't in the squad and set targets to focus.Even though you're not in the squad, join the discord/TS. It's very useful to know, what the commander is saying. (Dmg bombs, movement,...)

Thank you much actually for info. I will > @Zephyra.4709 said:Check out the metabattle or vabbi builds websites for WvW builds.

Thank you for the reference to the vabbi website. I had never heard of that one before and the how to play section they had for different classes really actually kind of helped get a better idea of how to play them.

May just look into trying both of them out with what I read from the vabbi website. I have full sets of ascended armor I can stat change, it would just be a matter of crafting exotic accessories I think to try to fill them out at least to get an idea.

Thanks folks!

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:Ranger is actually by far more useful than either scourge or Herald. It just requires you to be a skilled players and fully master the class. Herald and scourges are mainly for new players that are still learning the game and only know how to press 1 or 2 buttons for easy mode.

Ha ha ha, thank you I needed that first time I've laughed all day felt good. Much appreciated.

Y'know I just linked a .GIF for a bovine excrement meter on another thread, because the post I was quoting was one of the most BS things I've ever read....until I read this post anyways. Probably get banned if I linked it twice, but yeah, this post is completely 100% pure wrong, regardless if we are talking about zerging over roaming.

Rangers have a high skill cap, no doubt, but to say it takes more skill to play one effectively compared to a Scourge or Herald is pure trolling. You can tell a Boonbeast player from just meeting them in person - they have the numbers 7,8,9,0 impressed on the right side of their face.

If you like ranged damage and want to spill over into regular pve then go herald.

I play this hammer/staff glint/shiro full zerker in PvE / WvW. Pug Fractals/Dungeons, Open World PvE, WvW Solo Roaming, 5vX 10v10, 20v20. Pretty much anywhere I can.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8EllNFiNMp5NtB4ALwegF8hA-jlCBABccIE04IAcmSQAOgAVq+THHggyvAA5prJgHEAW7PK/CAgAczbmNvZ28m38mv5Nv5Nv5N7628m38m38m38m38mlCQPJbA-w

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Y'know I just linked a .GIF for a bovine excrement meter on another thread, because the post I was quoting was one of the most BS things I've ever read....until I read this post anyways. Probably get banned if I linked it twice, but yeah, this post is completely 100% pure wrong, regardless if we are talking about zerging over roaming.

Rangers have a high skill cap, no doubt, but to say it takes more skill to play one effectively compared to a Scourge or Herald is pure trolling. You can tell a Boonbeast player from just meeting them in person - they have the numbers 7,8,9,0 impressed on the right side of their face.

This got me laughing harder than it should have.

@"Justine.6351" said:If you like ranged damage and want to spill over into regular pve then go herald.

I play this hammer/staff glint/shiro full zerker in PvE / WvW. Pug Fractals/Dungeons, Open World PvE, WvW Solo Roaming, 5vX 10v10, 20v20. Pretty much anywhere I can.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8EllNFiNMp5NtB4ALwegF8hA-jlCBABccIE04IAcmSQAOgAVq+THHggyvAA5prJgHEAW7PK/CAgAczbmNvZ28m38mv5Nv5Nv5N7628m38m38m38m38mlCQPJbA-w

You don't switch from Hammer to Sw/Sw in PvE? Interesting. I'll use Hammer for meta events like VB, TD, and DS hot metas, or world bosses, but run of the mill open world stuff I run Sw/Sw + Hammer.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:If you like ranged damage and want to spill over into regular pve then go herald.

You don't switch from Hammer to Sw/Sw in PvE? Interesting. I'll use Hammer for meta events like VB, TD, and DS hot metas, or world bosses, but run of the mill open world stuff I run Sw/Sw + Hammer.

I don't care for sw/sw and I like to run the same build in multiple modes so I stay comfortable with the buttons.

Archived