Uninstall Error when using Microsoft Uninstall in Settings?

Why is it not letting me uninstall this game? It links to the pre-patch loading screen and then gives me an ERROR message and tries to make me send an email to the company. Yeah, my error is this is not working as intended and please advice me on how to uninstall the game.

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.

To uninstall it, you need to use the 32-bit version of Gw2.exe and run:Gw2.exe -32 -uninstall

If you don't have the 32-bit version, download the 32-bit version of Gw2Setup.exe and rename it to Gw2.exe. Alternatively, here's Gw2.exe direct from the patch server, which is only valid until the next build.

If you simply delete the folder, there's also:%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/%temp%/gw2cache-{*}Documents/Guild Wars 2/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having problems uninstalling. I'm going to try to fully update the game and see if that helps. There's clearly some bugs, however. Uninstall via Control Panel should work with no issues like it does every other game. It's even the instructions ArenaNet has posted on the support website.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001707707-Uninstalling-Guild-Wars-2

And I have to echo the OP here - I'm not comfortable manually deleting and from what I understand, the reason Uninstall programs exist is because merely deleting doesn't fully remove all files or fully uninstall a program. I'd like to do this cleanly and not mess something up.

Archived