SAB Tribulation w1z2 dodge jump

i'm currently playing tribulation world 1 to get the 16 skins. Zone 1 and 2 are no problem. Zone 2 before and after the jump is also easy.But the dodge jump in zone 2 drives me crazy. i already did zone 2 two times in tribulation mode. But somehow i dont feel i have control over the situation.When does the stone move? i hope that my timing is right by dodge jumping. so i bruteforce the jump ( and then die to that stupid rocket before the cloud ).

so

1. is there a way around?
  2. or how does the jump correctly work and when does the stone jump

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Dodge jump isn’t required. The trick is to fake a jump to get it to move.

This.

Not a single dodge jump is required to pass all tribulation modes. I should know, I didn't use any and I got all of them done.

The stone can be tricky. It can or can not trigger within the first few milliseconds of jumping on the small rock in front of it. The best way is to fake it out by jumping on the small rock in front of it and immediately jumping back, then jump past the entire section. This works in world 2-1 on the river rocks too.

I can only recommend you to learn to use the dodge jump anyway! Will save you a ton of trouble, especially in later zones. If you ever use stuff like TacO you'll get icons where they basically planned in dodge jumps too. Just pressing V + Space with my thumb works 100% of the time.

@Blocki.4931 said:I can only recommend you to learn to use the dodge jump anyway! Will save you a ton of trouble, especially in later zones. If you ever use stuff like TacO you'll get icons where they basically planned in dodge jumps too. Just pressing V + Space with my thumb works 100% of the time.

well i have dodge on my 5th mouse button. But i dont know if i will try trib world 2 this year. Thats my first year. i'mn playing this now everyday. got a ton of stuff and i'm just befor burnout from SAB hahaMaybe next year ( yes the orange skins look cool, got one from 8 dailies )

To the fake jump, dulfy uses the, turn around and jump back method. It is possible to backwards jump without turning the camera (which is a bit trickier since backwards momentum can be harder to judge and you get a few milliseconds less time (which you might save on turning the camera)). Both works, get used to one and roll with that.

As far as dodge jumping, yes it is quite useful. I need to correct what I stated earlier, I did get my dodge jumps to about a 70% success rate 2 years ago, but eventually opted to just make the pixel perfect normal jumps instead since I personally felt more comfortable with them. Dodge jumping is absolutely a benefit (and I believe is is allowed to be macroed, but better check since I'm not 100% sure). It is not needed though.

As far as world 2:

• it's longer than world 1
  • it's not necessary harder than world 1 (well except the ice room in world 2-3)
  • I would still recommend people do each world X amount of times before moving on. Repeating the same tribulation world over and over will absolutely save you time in the long run. It can lead to boredom and burnout though, beware
  • What I enjoyed about world 2 is, not EVERY jump and section is filled with non predictable killing stuff. Some is just the normal stage woven in, which I enjoyed over world 1s EVERYTHING MUST KILL, approach (likely due to it's short length)

I personally do this with jump dodge. But I have it macro'd to one key to make it easy...I do all the jumps quickly without letting go of the W key at all.First small stone, then second small stone (that makes the rock jump), then i normal jump on the rock and start spamming dodge jump immediately.For me it works every time.

Archived