Does the cast time of Hundred Blades need to be reduced?

Girth.9731

Not saying this skill is bad, but I think it could really use a slight decrease in its cast time. I feel like I never land the last hit in any pvp situation, even off a Bull's Charge. Considering that you can't move while using the skill, I feel like it could be a bit more threatening. Would also be a nice way to potentially bump up power SB dps in PvE too. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Accidently posted. Com = Completely rework

@melandru.3876 said:use it for downed cleaving

count dodges, count stunbreaks, use cc, use hundred blades

no healthy being will not stunbreak after bulls charge, so wasting hundred blades there is pointless

Pretty pointless comment. I think most people know how to use hundred blades. Bait dodges, wait till their out of stun breaks, then try to land a nice CC for hundred blades. My point is this; even when we are able to get the CC off, hundred blades will almost never land the last hit. I find I normally can get 4-7 hits off depending on whether sigil of agility is off CD. I think reducing the cast time to something like 3s would be a really good QOL change.

@Girth.9731 said:

@melandru.3876 said:use it for downed cleaving

count dodges, count stunbreaks, use cc, use hundred blades

no healthy being will not stunbreak after bulls charge, so wasting hundred blades there is pointless

Pretty pointless comment. I think most people know how to use hundred blades. Bait dodges, wait till their out of stun breaks, then try to land a nice CC for hundred blades. My point is this; even when we are able to get the CC off, hundred blades will almost never land the last hit. I find I normally can get 4-7 hits off depending on whether sigil of agility is off CD. I think reducing the cast time to something like 3s would be a really good QOL change.

if u knew how to use it, u wouldn't make such a thread

play ranger, use whirling defense then you'll see what it means to be rooted in pace FOR LONG RIME

hundred blades if for downed cleaving, nothing else

if you want to buff pve war (lol?) you would need to nerf axe, for gs to be a valid option..not gonna happen

Simple suggestion: Make last hit to have same duration as with quickness.

Another suggestion: Reduce hits from 8 to 6, with faster last hit. Equalize all hits to have the same duration and adjust damages per hit adequatly (possibly leaving last hit to deal highest damage to encourage fully finishing skill). Higher burst, more practical when it comes to fully casting the skill. I am not asking for making it OP, but rework for better practicality OVERALL is welcome.

I don't see this happening as it would require animation change which is probably too much effort for too little gain, sadly.

The skill is not broken in terms of not functioning correctly. This change should be more of "QoL" when it comes to how practical it is to actually finish the casting and that is by making it faster. Simple cast time reduction (unless significant) would probably not solve the issue of not landing the last hit regularly.When fighting weaker mobs or players, it is just faster to kill/down them by cancelling last 100b hits with Whirilwind Attack.

@melandru.3876 You can apply baiting dodges and stunbreaks on everything and everything would be unbeatable/working flawlessly.

@Darknessz.9650 said:NEVER IF this is the case REDUCE Warrior POWER Damage. !!!!!!!!!!!! Warrior direct damage is already OP with a skilled player and granting this skill re-configuration will break the class using gs as warrior have a ton of cc and movement skill control

Please, tell me what are the CC of the greatsword aside of the little cripple on skill 4.

@Edge.8724 said:

@Darknessz.9650 said:NEVER IF this is the case REDUCE Warrior POWER Damage. !!!!!!!!!!!! Warrior direct damage is already OP with a skilled player and granting this skill re-configuration will break the class using gs as warrior have a ton of cc and movement skill control

Please, tell me what are the CC of the greatsword aside of the little cripple on skill 4.

He said ton of cc not cc on GS.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"Darknessz.9650" said:NEVER IF this is the case REDUCE Warrior POWER Damage. !!!!!!!!!!!! Warrior direct damage is already OP with a skilled player and granting this skill re-configuration will break the class using gs as warrior have a ton of cc and movement skill control

He said "using gs as warrior has tons of cc".

@Edge.8724 said:

@"Darknessz.9650" said:NEVER IF this is the case REDUCE Warrior POWER Damage. !!!!!!!!!!!! Warrior direct damage is already OP with a skilled player and granting this skill re-configuration will break the class using gs as warrior have a ton of cc and movement skill control

He said "using gs as warrior has tons of cc".

Well, this is why punctuation is important. It seems what he meant was:"...will break the class using gs, as warrior have a ton of cc and movement skill control"Otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense.

As for the thread, warrior's GS doesn't need a buff and all of the ideas in this thread are BUFFS, not "QoL" changes as some of you like to call it to mask the obvious buffs.

hundred blades does not even have a use in open world pve anymore... the skill it outdated and boring.

It deals only slightly more dmg than the axe auto chain, brings zero utility, has a 3 target limit, has only a range of 130, hits only enemies in a cone in front of you, dmg is backloaded (only with the last hit it deals more dmg than axe auto chain overall) and it has a super long cast animation that also roots you in place for it's entire duration.

Yeah the skill has to go, it's just garbage and there is no saving it. To make this skills usefull with all the power-/mobilitycreep going on since HoT its damage would need to be absurd.

In many of the HoT/PoF maps the smaller trash mobs even get pushed (because they get pushed back when they receive dmg) out of the range of this skill by this skill so it stops dealing dmg halfway trough the skill. And everytime some boss/champion mob uses an aoe attack, a gapcloser or simply walks a little bit you have to reposition and cancel the skill.

And while you rework this skill, please rework sword f1 and both sword offhand skills aswell. Thx.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@otto.5684 said:I do not think it needs to be faster, just unroot it. To counter act in PvP they should reduce damage by GS afterwards. I think that will be far more balanced in PvP.

yeah the dmg of the fourth skill could be decreased to zero. would not make a bit of a difference.

haha, sure. Reducing dmg of a utility skill with twice the cd of the buffed skill will make it a perfect balance change! :D(no, it won't in case it's not clear enough)

Also it's funny how people try to claim you can't even land it in pve, mind blowing.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@otto.5684 said:I do not think it needs to be faster, just unroot it. To counter act in PvP they should reduce damage by GS afterwards. I think that will be far more balanced in PvP.

yeah the dmg of the fourth skill could be decreased to zero. would not make a bit of a difference.

haha, sure. Reducing dmg of a utility skill with twice the cd of the buffed skill will make it a perfect balance change! :D(no, it won't in case it's not clear enough)

Also it's funny how people try to claim you can't even land it in pve, mind blowing.

mind blowing how steal is still instacast and does not have a 3/4 sec cast time and bandits defense still does not have 40 sec cd.

gs 4 is just as useless as gs 2. Ofc you CAN hit gs 2 in open world, it's just not worth it, just use axe auto and you'll deal far more dmg overall in open world (dmg increase at golem is like not even 1k (under perfect conditions aka boss not moving and you don't have to as well) if you use gs and axe/axe instead of just axe/axe and you lose all your cc potential lol), that sounds like good game design right? you don't even play warrior what can you expect...

if you are so scared that warrior will eventually have good greatsword skills for pvp just exclude those hundred blade buff from pvp.

Mesmer got a buff to blurred frenzy a while ago just for pve (+100% dmg in pve). The lazy solution would be to do the same thing for warrior.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@"otto.5684" said:I do not think it needs to be faster, just unroot it. To counter act in PvP they should reduce damage by GS afterwards. I think that will be far more balanced in PvP.

mind blowing how steal is still instacast and does not have a 3/4 sec cast time and bandits defense still does not have 40 sec cd.

I don't see how's that relevant here at all? Make sure to let me know.

gs 4 is just as useless as gs 2. Ofc you CAN hit gs 2 in open world, it's just not worth it, just use axe auto and you'll deal far more dmg overall in open world (dmg increase at golem is like not even 1k (under perfect conditions aka boss not moving and you don't have to as well) if you use gs and axe/axe instead of just axe/axe and you lose all your cc potential lol), that sounds like good game design right? you don't even play warrior what can you expect...

The point here is that you said you can buff something and then "nerf 4 to balance it out!", which is obviously a load of bullkitten. What's your point here? Because mine is that you "pretend to have a balance change prepared", while we both know it wouldn't be a proper balance change.Also you're free to use whatever weapon you want, that's kind of the point of the weapon system. But hey, better leave the mobility on GS and buff everything else about it just so it can be an undisputed cookie cutter weapon that everyone uses anyways.Aaaand dps increase is still a dps increase, so stop claiming it's not?

Also I do play a warrior, but great effort, mate. Keep your stupid assumptions comming, don't hold back.

if you are so scared that warrior will eventually have good greatsword skills for pvp just exclude those hundred blade buff from pvp.

Ok. But that's not what you were talking about earlier and that's not what OP talks about in this thread, so I'd say I was answering accordingly.

Mesmer got a buff to blurred frenzy a while ago just for pve (+100% dmg in pve). The lazy solution would be to do the same thing for warrior.

Yes and then it got nerfed by 36%, while 100s blades:

February 06, 2018 The damage of this skill has been increased by 10% for all strikes in PvE only.

Hard maths time, how much is 10% x 8?

@"Sobx.1758" said:As for the thread, warrior's GS doesn't need a buff and all of the ideas in this thread are BUFFS, not "QoL" changes as some of you like to call it to mask the obvious buffs.Also it's funny how people try to claim you can't even land it in pve, mind blowing.

Who claimed that you cannot land it in PvE?The fact that the most damaging hit on 100b is the last one, makes it relatively hard to fully cast in PvP/WvW. Stunlock rarely happens unless you fight yolo builds/less experienced people.

In order to improve practical usage of 100b in PvP/WvW (fully finishing the cast regularly), you have to either reduce hits the skill has and that will reduce cast timeor you just speed up animation.I would prefer faster cast over being able to move.

I put "QoL" in quote marks because it is actually buff (to burst), not just QoL change, but it has big QoL aspect.

People are not asking to buff 100b raw damage, but rather than to be able to fully cast it more often. Or do you think that in PvP/WvW, this is not an issue at all?

The skill is obsolete, but not functionally broken. Just like XY other warrior skills, tbh.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"otto.5684" said:I do not think it needs to be faster, just unroot it. To counter act in PvP they should reduce damage by GS afterwards. I think that will be far more balanced in PvP.

The point here is that you said you can buff something and then "nerf 4 to balance it out!", which is obviously a load of bullkitten. What's your point here? Because mine is that you "pretend to have a balance change prepared", while we both know it wouldn't be a proper balance change.Also you're free to use whatever weapon you want, that's kind of the point of the weapon system. But hey, better leave the mobility on GS and buff everything else about it just so it can be an undisputed cookie cutter weapon that everyone uses anyways.Aaaand dps increase is still a dps increase, so stop claiming it's not?

Also I do play a warrior, but great effort, mate. Keep your stupid assumptions comming, don't hold back.

Ok. But that's not what you were talking about earlier and that's not what OP talks about in this thread, so I'd say I was answering accordingly.

February 06, 2018 The damage of this skill has been increased by 10% for all strikes in PvE only.

I think you don't get the last part..... it's not that hard and is very basic maths. If you have an ability that deals 800 dmg and you have and ability that deals 8 times 100 dmg and then you buff both of these skills by 10%. Guess the result again because your answer is wrong. 800 1,1 = 880 and 8 100 * 1,1 is also 880. Just because every single strike of hundred blades was buffed by 10% does not mean that the skill got buffed by 80%. It was a 10% buff and the skill (explained by me earlier in my posts) is still extremely useless/underperforming even from an open world pve point of view.

As it stands gs has only 1 good skills right now and that is whirlwind, the auto is decent/mediocre after the last buff and gs5 would be good if it would not bug every other time and deal zero dmg while moving you further from your target instead of closer. gs2 and gs4 might aswell not exist right now because those skills are flat out useless in almost every scenario imaginable. And a buff for those skills even in pvp would only even the playing field.

But if a buff in pvp proves to be op then a buff for pve would be enough.

Another but: But because the hundred blades skill is so boring in its nature i would much prefer to see a completely reworked skill.

Oh and by the way the casting time of blurred frenzy was also reduced by over 40% as the dmg got nerfed by 36%. It only takes 1 sec to fully cast blurred frenzy now. A buff to hundred blades with a followup nerf the same way blurred frenzy got hit would also be fine.

@Ferus.3165 said:

I think you don't get the last part..... it's not that hard and is very basic maths. If you have an ability that deals 800 dmg and you have and ability that deals 8 times 100 dmg and then you buff both of these skills by 10%. Guess the result again because your answer is wrong. 800
1,1 = 880 and 8
100 * 1,1 is also 880. Just because every single strike of hundred blades was buffed by 10% does not mean that the skill got buffed by 80%. It was a 10% buff and the skill (explained by me earlier in my posts) is still extremely useless/underperforming even from an open world pve point of view.

Well, I potatoed hard on this one, obviously true :DIt still means that they looked into it recently and buffed it in pve.

As it stands gs has only 1 good skills right now and that is whirlwind, the auto is decent/mediocre after the last buff and gs5 would be good if it would not bug every other time and deal zero dmg while moving you further from your target instead of closer. gs2 and gs4 might aswell not exist right now because those skills are flat out useless in almost every scenario imaginable. And a buff for those skills even in pvp would only even the playing field.

I disagree, but I also don't intend spending next 5 pages of this thread going back and forth, you do you.

Another but: But because the hundred blades skill is so boring in its nature i would much prefer to see a completely reworked skill.

Yup, it kind of is, but that wouldn't be the only "boring" skill in this game and if that's the reason to rework something then anet has a lot of work to do.

Archived