Mission Boundaries = Annoying AF

Yeah so recently came back to this game to play PoF and the mission boundaries are just annoying the crap out of me. I'm on what I'm assuming is the last, or near last story mission of the xpac. Was about 20 or so minutes out, mistakenly stepped out of the boundary while evading some mobs, didn't get or at least didn't notice the warning and before I could even run back I got ported out of the mission and have to start over. I honestly do not understand why this is implemented the way it is, it's punishing for the sake of punishing with no good reason. I wasn't close to dead, it wasn't overly hard or anything I was just dodging and didn't notice I was out of bounds. Give more time to get back in bounds, add checkpoints so you don't have to start over if you get ported out, something. I really don't understand the purpose of it as it is now and it's just silly. That's 20+ minutes of this mission I have to repeat for no other reason than I didn't notice red hashes on my minimap for 3 seconds.

I once got kicked, in the "Sacrifice" instance, because I used a 1200 range closer on a mob outside the boundaries. The warning flashed for a fraction of a second and I was kicked before the skill completed. Sue me, I'm not paying close attention to the minimap at all times. At the very least, there shouldn't be mobs outside the boundaries so accidents like this don't happen.

@Zaklex.6308 said:You have roughly 30 seconds before being kicked once the message shows up in the MIDDLE of your screen(plus there's an audible warning, though it's faint), which I can't understand how anyone can miss because it blocks you from seeing what you're doing.

If it's supposed to be 30 Seconds then all I can say is that particular part of this mechanic isn't working b/c I didn't have anywhere near that long to get back. Was maybe 5 seconds. Far as the message, I play in 4k and in the middle of combat when you're dodging around not focused on that it is quite easy to not see it right away. I do usually see the message though there's imply not enough time to get back as it does not seem that 30 seconds is true or working, one or the other. If I had that much time it would not be an issue.

re: You have roughly 30 seconds before being kicked once the message shows up in the MIDDLE of your screen - This is how is it supposed to be, but not always how it is. Some boundaries or chapters may be bugged. I nearly left the instance in the first chapter of PoF, but was dismounted and warned in plenty of time. In chapter 7 I was kicked a split second after the warning message came up - with not nearly enough time to react. In the first chapter I was on a mount and going much faster than in chapter 7, when I was on foot. The "out of bounds" behavior is not consistent.

@Zaklex.6308 said:You have roughly 30 seconds before being kicked once the message shows up in the MIDDLE of your screen(plus there's an audible warning, though it's faint), which I can't understand how anyone can miss because it blocks you from seeing what you're doing.

Its much faster than 30 seconds. I got kicked within 5 earlier today while playing a mission for an achievement. The warning barely popped up before i got booted.

[spoiler warning]Just to add my anecdote: after the fight with Balthazar, I was trying to chase Aurene and get a good look at Kralkatorrik's big ugly geode face. I was gliding when I crossed the line, had the "oh kitten" moment, tried to run back . . kicked. I was about done, because I thought I'd have to go through the entire battle again. Turns out the instance changes over, and I only had to do the last fight (whew!), and I had the achievements, so I whupped him with Soh... my special sword.Buuut, getting to that point was a chore, because it's nestled all the way in the Brandstorm, so I got to relieve my days of lightning dodger. It was mildly amusing, actually, but it gets old fast.

Archived