Celestial PVP amulet coming back with 460 stats

Aether McLoud.1975

@Shadowflare.2759 said:celestial builds all relied heavily on boons, and boons are currently suicide in pvp...so unless we're getting significant changes, I feel this isn't going to help much.The new unnamed hybrid amulets may be interesting though.

Fully agreed, plus that heavy of a nerf (now 460) will make it worthless.

The meta has long since moved on from boon stacking, we are the only ones living in the past because we don't have the tools to live in the present.

@Azel.4786 said:

@Shadowflare.2759 said:celestial builds all relied heavily on boons, and boons are currently suicide in pvp...so unless we're getting significant changes, I feel this isn't going to help much.The new unnamed hybrid amulets may be interesting though.

Fully agreed, plus that heavy of a nerf (now 460) will make it worthless.

The meta has long since moved on from boon stacking, we are the only ones living in the past because we don't have the tools to live in the present.

Yeah it should be "560" instead of "460".

Well now it provides the same total stat points as every other amulet so no celestial build can really be complained about having too many stats. If it’s found to be lacking they can add a bit more stats until builds appear but right now I’d rather see how it works with reduced stats rather than go straight back to 560 all stats.

The complaint of it having more stat points than other 4 stat amulets is factually correct, but the reality is that the balance is still deep seated in traits and weapon skills (but also Sigils and Runes so this is only a small part), which over time has gotten core Elementalist nerfed in order to compensate. In addition to the shift in meta as it relates to what other classes bring, it will probably do more for other classes than it does for Ele.

At least bunkering as tempest will be possible with cele but won't bring it back to meta (firebrand will outclass it every way). Weaver needs pure damage but with cele it might be decent bunker at least with better disengage than most. If it can 1v1 spellbraker...it's kinda viable. Mightstacking is dead so no damage on anything ele related. We need to see new balance update and pro-scene reaction to see if there is any potential in pvp ele.

@Shadowflare.2759 said:celestial builds all relied heavily on boons, and boons are currently suicide in pvp...so unless we're getting significant changes, I feel this isn't going to help much.

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe some other classes with great might stacking skills with low CD like Holo can make use of it but it doesn't look as good on Weaver. Fingers crossed, hope I'm wrong.

D/D is dead. All the things that makes it OP was removed/nerfed:

• 100% Vigor up time nerfed to 50%
  • Vigor effectiveness nerfed
  • Cantrips no longer granted Mights (previously 3 stacks)
  • Burning ashes nerfed from 5s to 8s cd
  • Sigil of Battle heavily nerfed
  • Sigil of Strength nerfed
  • Burning nerfed (half the damage before was from 25 stacks might burning)

Bringing back a nerfed Celestial won't magically revive the spec.

@Sunshine.5014 said:D/D is dead. All the things that makes it OP was removed/nerfed:

• 100% Vigor up time nerfed to 50%
  • Vigor effectiveness nerfed
  • Cantrips no longer granted Mights (previously 3 stacks)
  • Burning ashes nerfed from 5s to 8s cd
  • Sigil of Battle heavily nerfed
  • Sigil of Strength nerfed
  • Burning nerfed (half the damage before was from 25 stacks might burning)

Bringing back a nerfed Celestial won't magically revive the spec.

I can prove that it is not dead with a recent video

@"bOTEB.1573" love the video -- favorite part was you dropping ring of fire followed by burning speed in that choke/corner while the thief was in stealth. You could almost hear him say "gah, this didn't work out like I thought it would".

It looks like you are mostly power-based by observing your damage numbers. Have you tried a condi-based D/D build? I've been using condi D/D in WvW and it's so much fun. You still benefit from might stacks and all the great CC of D/D. I think it works better with fire-attunement than power or hybrid.

Archived