Open world hybrid Soulbeast build help? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Open world hybrid Soulbeast build help?

Simply put, I'd like to make a Soulbeast build for open world that focuses on dual daggers and shortbow. While clearly not optimal, I already have full zerker/diviner/viper/harrier/marauder sets for my rangers, and I'd like to make a build that's more for fun/RPG/suits a look I'm going for.

What equipment stat combinations would be most useful? Is Viper's worth using in open world (is the expertise wasted?) Maybe Grieving that replaces expertise for ferocity which is as close to zerker's as one might get? Or maybe sinister if most of my damage comes from conditions (though 3 stat combinations total less stats).

Thanks!

Comments

• Alex.4982Alex.4982 Member ✭✭

Personally I think I'd take Viper's. I don't think the expertise will be wasted, and you'll probably be glad to have it when you face the occasional champion, bounty, or world boss.

• voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭

I'd stick with Viper, if you really want a hybrid setup. Frankly I find it hard to believe a dual dagger/shortbow setup would do anything meaningfully well in terms of power damage, but at least with viper you have a better power stat and enough crit to proc condis (if you gear or trait for them).

That being said, my hybrid renegade runs Grieving, and I don't seem to miss the expertise that much. I'm not sure my renegade's experience is relevant to how Grieving would work on a ranger build though - my renegade runs torment sigils and runes, and gets a huge amount of sustain from applying torment in large quantities.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.