Legendary Facet

Okay. So In Crystal Oasis you get the bounty for a legendary Facet which is part of a 3 Legendary achievement that is clearly unbalanced. You don't do squat in damage to it, then his crystals are stronger than The Shatterer himself and definitely stronger than his crystals. When 20 people can't get him down even a 1/3 of his health and there are more shards than there are players, this is a problem. All 20 of us on a crystal still took 30 seconds and by then 2 other crystals spawned. Talk about backtracking. I understand that some people have beaten him, but there is no way this was made for the majority of players. It is a literal roadblock that prevents progress in our achievements, that don't really feel like achievements. If you wanna make it a world boss that requires 150 players, then go ahead. But at least be decent enough Developers to 1. make the reward worth it (hint: it isn't) 2. remove the timer (if you insist on being stubborn) 3. make the crystals killable (if it takes 20 people 30 seconds to kill a crystal, put that in your book of failures) This is beyond frustrating and a severe turn off towards the game.

If you're not > @Keira Wildflower.7304 said:

It is a literal roadblock that prevents progress in our achievements, that don't really feel like achievements.

Why do you care if you don't like achievements? I've 1) killed it via a bounty train and 2) don't really have any idea what you're talking about because I don't care about achievements anymore.

Huh I guess there is something wrong with that mechanic. Did it 2 or 3 times with a full squad. Completely ignored those shards every time. Didn't even seem like they did anything. I did find it odd that there were these giant branded crystals being ignored but since they didn't seem to do anything ... on the other hand it is easy to miss stuff happening when whole fight is covered with effects. It wasn't a tough fight but I couldn't sit there leisurely scrutinizing my combat log either. Everyone else ignored them too.

The facet is killable with auto attack zerg bounty trains. Imagine if they don't semi afk during the fight. I have been in a fight where 10-15 people are killing it. ANd I can bet that there are fights where even fewer players can manage this.

I can only guess your squad fighting scenario but for me, it seems like "standing afk in front of the facet didn't kill it" and this blocked your achievement progress?

I can kill the four legendaries in silverwastes with ease compared to this guy, so maybe they have a hidden tier of legendary that is on a different level. Kinda like some elites are harder to kill than some champions.

We all participated and once the time began to get like 2 minutes remaining and we had 60+% health remaining, people just left. No way to cover that kind of ground when the initial clash wasn't doing enough. I personally hate timers. I'd rather spend a long time beating it and feel accomplished than do a time and be happy I beat time. Not much of feeling accomplished in doing that.

We did ignore the crystals at first, but they pulse damage and if you stand in it for a few seconds your health will disappear. So we switched to trying to split damage. Some on facet, some on crystals. Didn't work. if it is scaled then less or more people shouldn't matter at all. But, not sure how much is still scaling in GW2 anymore..

O_o, that didn't happen with me, is this new? I only did the facet because of the griffon achievement, and there were some parts where we had to melee instead of attacking at range, but that was as complicated as it got.

It definitely sounds like something changed between then and now. Hope this gets looked at.

@castlemanic.3198 said:O_o, that didn't happen with me, is this new? I only did the facet because of the griffon achievement, and there were some parts where we had to melee instead of attacking at range, but that was as complicated as it got.

It definitely sounds like something changed between then and now. Hope this gets looked at.

They have different mechanics, and they can change them out(unstable magic). The worst legendary ive ever had to go up against was the Djinn they just reenabled(djinn move around alot) this one had block and the healing colesanct ability -_-

It just depends on the unstable magic he has at the time. I found signaler with restorer and frightener very difficult. Some unstable magic you can just ignore the effect while others are very difficult to deal with. I would hate to see a bounty that has all 3 of AE damage unstable magics.

Archived