6,006k hours and still suck. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

6,006k hours and still suck.

Aylpse.6280Aylpse.6280 Member ✭✭

I give up. I can't get the help I need, nor get over this hurdle. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I just accepted my fate. I get "lucky" every once in a while.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• @Ralkuth.1456 said:
    There’s a PvP Discord and you can ask for help there instead of on the forums; the forums has its bright spots but it’s mostly a cesspool of resentment and barely disguised entitlement.

https://discord.gg/6a2uWzU

If that’s what you’re after, of course.

Anything to improve. At this point I am considering paying people...

• Kageseigi.2150Kageseigi.2150 Member ✭✭✭

@Yannir.4132 said:
    Often just saying hi at the beginning of the match will tell you who in your team is actually paying attention, and gives you an inkling of what you're getting yourself into in regards to your teammates.

That's very true! A greeting and a smiley goes a long way! :-D

• it unfortunately is useless when you are accused to be toxic when you start discussing strategy (yes it happened)

• Mbelch.9028Mbelch.9028 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Manakel Angel.1047 said:
    it unfortunately is useless when you are accused to be toxic when you start discussing strategy (yes it happened)

I don't talk anymore. Baddies just laugh at the advice or strategy, so you just have to try to carry them, or (I'm trying this now) not play the game much anymore because this mode receives little to no support.

Sure, a map every once in a while that is inaccessible.

• Undo.5091Undo.5091 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

You don’t suck. None of these other comments will help because you’ve already heard them before. You just need to have fun. The hurdle is just enjoyment in your case.

• Dave.6819Dave.6819 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019

U don't suck. It just shows that no matter how good or how much time the player spent playing gw2 they still can't be good cuz of 1 major flaw. And that major flaw is BALANCE. GW2 gives some kind of illusion to people.. that if you play long enough u'll get better. Well.. that's an illusion and it's not true at all. It takes i'd say like half a year to learn all classes in depth and how everythin fits together. After that... you're just a victim to a very poorly balanced system and u can't do much about it. I've played since beta basically.. and yea i still get destroyed on my thief and i can't do much about it. But then i login a character that i've played like 5 hours in total.. and i can carry and i can even 1v2 sometimes. There you go.. proof that class > hours spent gaming.

#MakeTeefGreatAgain

• @Dave.6819
    I disagree, sure there are classes easier to learn than others but two people with the same build have different results and that is partly because of the hours spent with said build (the other part being your mechanical skills aka your APM). I play elementalist since the release of the game and i know i will never be as good as Cellofrag with it, and that is because 1)i don't have his mechanicla skill and 2) i don't have as much hours as him playing the build. Of course i can be better than i am now but it will be a slow process, maybe10% improvement in a year or two. And i doubt it is different for other classes

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

watch streams https://www.godsofpvp.net/

don't spam your skills mindlessly

don't dodge when you don't have to

this will take you to plat 1

not sure how good you wanna be, but if you silver or gold this will help you

• Dave.6819Dave.6819 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2019

@Manakel Angel.1047 said:
    @Dave.6819
    I disagree, sure there are classes easier to learn than others but two people with the same build have different results and that is partly because of the hours spent with said build (the other part being your mechanical skills aka your APM). I play elementalist since the release of the game and i know i will never be as good as Cellofrag with it, and that is because 1)i don't have his mechanicla skill and 2) i don't have as much hours as him playing the build. Of course i can be better than i am now but it will be a slow process, maybe10% improvement in a year or two. And i doubt it is different for other classes

Well i agree to some extent but what i really mean is.. u can get to being like 90% effective quite quick. Other 10% yea.. it might be a year or two or even never depending on your skill. My main point tho... that some classes are just way better at everything. Take a Holo/Mirage/Soulbeast player that plays 90% effective for a year vs Thief/Ele/Power Mesmer pro player 100% effective that plays 5-6 years.. we all know how that will end up in 1v1. Basically if you're average on some classes u can already take out some classes without a sweat. Or take cellofrag. Throw him against any average condi mirage/holo player... i'm sure he won't be able to deal with em at all. Anyway.. i think OP isn't so bad as he thinks he is.. he's probably just another victim to the balance like all of us are. Class/build > skill. I wish it was other way around. Skill matters only when you are really playing a good class then you can become unbeatable. But for an average class? .. yea.. no point in trying to get to the "pro" level.

#MakeTeefGreatAgain

• Throw him against any average condi mirage/holo player... i'm sure he won't be able to deal with em at all. Anyway.. i think OP isn't so bad as he thinks he is.. he's probably just another victim to the balance like all of us are. Class/build > skill. I wish it was other way around. Skill matters only when you are really playing a good class then you can become unbeatable. But for an average class? .. yea.. no point in trying to get to the "pro" level.

We will have to agree to disagree then

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.