ADD A CAST TIME TO THIEFS WHEN THEY CAST THE SAME SKILL

SeikeNz.3526

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy here we go again. Add cast time. Add cooldowns. Make initiative regen slower. Basically nerf everything that makes thief a thief.. U should go and try out thief then u'll realise skill isn't about spamming. Skill is in trying to survive against classes that hit way harder then you do while you're wearing basically nothing and have no sustain at all. If you'll be a spamming thief you'll never win. You'll run out of initiative and u'll be dead. I encourage you. Go and try out thief. U'll be back in forums saying "OMG holo/guard/slb/warr/mirage/scourge/rev is so OP! nerf it. it 1 shotted me".

@"Dave.6819" said:Oh boy here we go again. Add cast time. Add cooldowns. Make initiative regen slower. Basically nerf everything that makes thief a thief.. U should go and try out thief then u'll realise skill isn't about spamming. Skill is in trying to survive against classes that hit way harder then you do while you're wearing basically nothing and have no sustain at all. If you'll be a spamming thief you'll never win. You'll run out of initiative and u'll be dead. I encourage you. Go and try out thief. U'll be back in forums saying "OMG holo/guard/slb/warr/mirage/scourge/rev is so OP! nerf it. it 1 shotted me".

Thief has 450hp heal on every evadeLow cooldown, healing skill that is impossible to interruptThief having low sustain is a lie.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Dave.6819" said:Oh boy here we go again. Add cast time. Add cooldowns. Make initiative regen slower. Basically nerf everything that makes thief a thief.. U should go and try out thief then u'll realise skill isn't about spamming. Skill is in trying to survive against classes that hit way harder then you do while you're wearing basically nothing and have no sustain at all. If you'll be a spamming thief you'll never win. You'll run out of initiative and u'll be dead. I encourage you. Go and try out thief. U'll be back in forums saying "OMG holo/guard/slb/warr/mirage/scourge/rev is so OP! nerf it. it 1 shotted me".

Thief has 450hp heal on every evadeLow cooldown, healing skill that is impossible to interruptThief having low sustain is a lie.Not sure how it got on this subject. That ability is really strong as is condition cleanse in general. But just try playing bunker thief- I knew someone who did that for years with acro and a +healing power amulet. It takes a lot of effort to play a tanky thief build because the healing is low and only present on 1 trait except for maybe shadow arts which is more or less passive trait line. So I’d say thief sustain and tankiness is super low though there are a few traits that definitely help

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Thief has 450hp heal on every evadeLow cooldown, healing skill that is impossible to interruptThief having low sustain is a lie.Not sure how it got on this subject. That ability is really strong as is condition cleanse in general. But just try playing bunker thief- I knew someone who did that for years with acro and a +healing power amulet. It takes a lot of effort to play a tanky thief build because the healing is low and only present on 1 trait except for maybe shadow arts which is more or less passive trait line. So I’d say thief sustain and tankiness is super low though there are a few traits that definitely help

If you wanna go bunker you heal on1 Withdraw 18s cd 4,7k Heal. Impossible to deny, stop or interrupt.2 By spending INI 102/per. preety much 102HP per sec.3 By evading, heal for 450 each time.But thats a troll build.Current normal build runs withdraw 15s cd, 4,7k healand 450heal one evade, That is more then current condi mirage. And I doubt anyone would say that mirage has low sustain.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

If you wanna go bunker you heal on1 Withdraw 18s cd 4,7k Heal. Impossible to deny, stop or interrupt.2 By spending INI 102/per. preety much 102HP per sec.3 By evading, heal for 450 each time.But thats a troll build.Current normal build runs withdraw 15s cd, 4,7k healand 450heal one evade, That is more then current condi mirage. And I doubt anyone would say that mirage has low sustain.

Actually with healing with say sages amulet is 5136 on withdraw, 501 on dodge with 1 sec cd and 150 health per initiative. But I would take upper hand for 1392 regen over 7 secs as u can have 100% uptime. My point being there are healing skills but even taking all of them you don’t get too much as the healing is low scale. The sustain is pretty low but it can always be present and spammable.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Actually with healing with say sages amulet is 5136 on withdraw, 501 on dodge with 1 sec cd and 150 health per initiative. But I would take upper hand for 1392 regen over 7 secs as u can have 100% uptime. My point being there are healing skills but even taking all of them you don’t get too much as the healing is low scale. The sustain is pretty low but it can always be present and spammable.

lol, staph, thief has good sustain.No thief doesnt fully heal like holo does every 20s but its still good.the fact that other classes are busted and heal 50k every 1min doesnt mean that healing 25k every 1min is bad.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Thief has 450hp heal on every evadeLow cooldown, healing skill that is impossible to interruptfromThief having low sustain is a lie.

Thief does not have 450 heal on every evade.

Only A daredevil thief has access to EA and EA only works on a successful evade. Not Every Evade. You can not just evade and heal on thief. You need someone attacking you and need to avoid that attack. Now a thief has a lower hit point pool. If a daredevil thief manages an evade of an attack that might have done 5500 in damage then he evaded 5500 in damage and gets 450 health back for avoiding that damage. If he started with 11000 health out of 12000 total health he will see his health jump 11000 to 11450. I mean....wow.

@babazhook.6805 said:

Thief has 450hp heal on every evadeLow cooldown, healing skill that is impossible to interruptfromThief having low sustain is a lie.

Only A daredevil thief has access to EA and EA only works on a successful evade. Not Every Evade. You can not just evade and heal on thief. You need someone attacking you and need to avoid that attack. Now a thief has a lower hit point pool. If a daredevil thief manages an evade of an attack that might have done 5500 in damage then he evaded 5500 in damage and gets 450 health back for avoiding that damage. If he started with 11000 health out of 12000 total health he will see his health jump 11000 to 11450. I mean....wow.

that is what I said, thief has kit that is overloaded with evades, utilities evade, healing skill evades, they spam ini skills that evade, heroic evadesPW can proc it twice for 900 heal every time its cast.DS can proc it 3 times for 1350 heal.there are alot of classes and scenarios that make it easy to proc

• Symbols -> you can proc it any time
  • Mesmer -> clones will proc it
  • Ranger -> you can run into pet, they will attack you even when you are evading
  • Any sort of pulsing damage, this includes holos,scrappers,mirages.
  • There is ALOT of skills that channel for 1s+ so you can use it to get 2evades from PW, like rangers rapid fire or mesmers scepter 3.Evade on heal fro daredevil is strong, consistent and reliable. Saying thief has no sustain is lie.

@babazhook.6805 said:

This forum makes the ea seem way stronger than it actually is. The SUCCESSFUL evade part and the fact it's not a constant regen like some other classes defensive skills plus the fact that thief can be 2 shot by anything if hit makes it a pretty balanced trait imo

Is a 450 heal really worth talking about? You would need about 5 successful evade heals to heal a single auto from most power classes. Almost every class has an uninterruptible heal, thief is no different. Heal on initiative is less than regen.

Thief isn't a problem. It has less damage than most power classes, less health and healing, and the only two things it do well are evade spam and map mobility.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:this will fix thiefs spamming the same skill forever, add +1s for every cast of the same skill, they need to be more skilled and use other buttons

Maybe give us other skills to use that let us contest points instead of nerfing all our options then getting angry when our playstyle gets less and less variant?

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Thief has 450hp heal on every evadeLow cooldown, healing skill that is impossible to interruptThief having low sustain is a lie.

my guy noIts 450 on a successful evadehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Escapist%27s_FortitudeWhy is 450 HP heal on a successful evade being considered sustain. most autos hit you for three times that.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:this will fix thiefs spamming the same skill forever, add +1s for every cast of the same skill, they need to be more skilled and use other buttons

Maybe give us other skills to use that let us contest points instead of nerfing all our options then getting angry when our playstyle gets less and less variant?

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Thief has 450hp heal on every evadeLow cooldown, healing skill that is impossible to interruptThief having low sustain is a lie.

my guy no
Its 450 on a
successful
evade
Why is 450 HP heal on a successful evade being considered sustain. most autos hit you for three times that.

I know that, if you dont get healed on every evade its you being bad and not trait being bad.

@Zephoid.4263 said:Is a 450 heal really worth talking about? You would need about 5 successful evade heals to heal a single auto from most power classes. Almost every class has an uninterruptible heal, thief is no different. Heal on initiative is less than regen.

Thief isn't a problem. It has less damage than most power classes, less health and healing, and the only two things it do well are evade spam and map mobility.

You people are shit at reading.I said thief doesnt have bad sustain, I said they have strong healing skill.And they have good passive that keep them healthy.Then guys like you appear WELL OTHER CLASSES HAVE GOOD HEALS TOOOO.NO SHIT sherlock, thats my point. Thiefs sustain is not bad.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This forum makes the ea seem way stronger than it actually is. The SUCCESSFUL evade part and the fact it's not a constant regen like some other classes defensive skills plus the fact that thief can be 2 shot by anything if hit makes it a pretty balanced trait imo

Is that what thiefs keep telling themself when they compleatly ignore all condi damage due to minor trait ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

that is what I said, thief has kit that is overloaded with evades, utilities evade, healing skill evades, they spam ini skills that evade, heroic evadesPW can proc it twice for 900 heal every time its cast.DS can proc it 3 times for 1350 heal.there are alot of classes and scenarios that make it easy to proc
  • Ranger -> you can run into pet, they will attack you even when you are evading
  • There is ALOT of skills that channel for 1s+ so you can use it to get 2evades from PW, like rangers rapid fire or mesmers scepter 3.Evade on heal fro daredevil is strong, consistent and reliable. Saying thief has no sustain is lie.

No you said nothing of the sort. You said THIEF heals 450 on every evade which is an absolute crock. You now backpedal. You now pretend when you were talking about sustain that you were speaking only to daredevil and then you throw in every other heal, all of which must be traited for. When you trait for all of those heals something else has to be given up.

A person can get as much healing as EA offers using a sigil. That does not mean they have great sustain.

@babazhook.6805 said:

No you said nothing of the sort. You said THIEF heals 450 on every evade which is an absolute crock. You now backpedal. You now pretend when you were talking about sustain that you were speaking only to daredevil and then you throw in every other heal, all of which must be traited for. When you trait for all of those heals something else has to be given up.

A person can get as much healing as EA offers using a sigil. That does not mean they have great sustain.

jesus fucking christ, im amazed that humanity survived every time i visit forums.every single fucking class has to trait things lol, mesmer cant stun you with f3, holo doesnt gain stab from corona burst.warrior doesnt heal when he gains might.Spb doesnt reveal on burst skills.deadeye doesnt stealth when they dodgemirage doesnt create clones attack when he dodgesHave I missed something ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

jesus kitten christ, im amazed that humanity survived every time i visit forums.every single kitten class has to trait things lol, mesmer cant stun you with f3, holo doesnt gain stab from corona burst.warrior doesnt heal when he gains might.Spb doesnt reveal on burst skills.deadeye doesnt stealth when they dodgemirage doesnt create clones attack when he dodgesHave I missed something ?

Oh humanity will outsurvive you by a long shot. You are not all that important nor are you all that informed. One more time you stated clearly that a thief healed 450 on every evade. Do not pretend you stated anything else.