Let the Jousting begin! New Dismount Ability - Lance

thehipone.6812

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:ok you won gankers.you have finally a stupid weapon which you can dismount players who dont want to fight.nice anet

This is a strange complaint ... Anet tolds us about 2 weeks after Warclaw was released they were making a dismount skill.

I feel like I've established that I don't care what the rules are. Mounts/no mounts, dismount skill/no dismount skill, it's all the same to me. Everyone is playing by the same rules, so just use whatever rules exist. But I can't help noticing how odd this decision is. What was the point of adding the mount only to add a dismount skill immediately afterwards?

That's easy to answer ... because mounts were probably NEVER intended to avoid combat. They were (at least to me) a way to get to where you want to be faster. I think the fact that you could be dismounted is an indication of what they were ... and were not meant to be.

There seem to be so few players willing to adapt to either situation, everyone is entrenched in one camp or the other and I don't know how many ppl have really stopped to consider the motivations for it all . . .

This is an unfortunate sign of how MMO's cater to the newer generations now ... trying to appease everyone ... and resulting in appeasing no one. It will be a hard lesson for Anet to learn because fundamentally, this wasn't about not liking or hating mounts for players ... it was about the perceptions people have about what WvW is supposed to be. Yet again, Anet doesn't make a stand with their approach to developing the game and people are STILL left to guess and impose their own ideas of what it should be and for who. It's the same thing in PVE with raids ... game caters to group A ... Anet introduces Raids that don't suit the playstyle of group A ... WTH are they doing? Then they try and bridge the gap ... but for who?

This general wishy washy approach to the game philosophy is HURTING it, not fixing it.

Mounts were made to sell skins with zero afterthought to their impact tbh, as much as we argue about it skins were 90% of the reason probs.

You don't know that ... it's just your speculation because you have a big bag of salt. Even to this day you can see there was not zero afterthought to their impact. They get you to where you need to be faster. That's not an afterthought ... that is intended.

Not the part of getting places faster, everything else, all the bugs, dismounting unbalance etc. Look at how many things they had to change/fix, no testing done at all.

No, you don't know that ... you have no clue what testing was done. Can I just assume everytime you make a post, you make most of it up?

If testing was done why were there an enormous amount of issues? It is just the logical assumption.

Issues don't indicate no testing was done. It's NOT a logical assumption at all.

If testing was done these issues would be fixed before release.

That doesn't mean testing wasn't done.

That either means no testing was done or a VERY bad job on testing was done which sucks either way.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:ok you won gankers.you have finally a stupid weapon which you can dismount players who dont want to fight.nice anet

This is a strange complaint ... Anet tolds us about 2 weeks after Warclaw was released they were making a dismount skill.

I feel like I've established that I don't care what the rules are. Mounts/no mounts, dismount skill/no dismount skill, it's all the same to me. Everyone is playing by the same rules, so just use whatever rules exist. But I can't help noticing how odd this decision is. What was the point of adding the mount only to add a dismount skill immediately afterwards?

That's easy to answer ... because mounts were probably NEVER intended to avoid combat. They were (at least to me) a way to get to where you want to be faster. I think the fact that you could be dismounted is an indication of what they were ... and were not meant to be.

There seem to be so few players willing to adapt to either situation, everyone is entrenched in one camp or the other and I don't know how many ppl have really stopped to consider the motivations for it all . . .

This is an unfortunate sign of how MMO's cater to the newer generations now ... trying to appease everyone ... and resulting in appeasing no one. It will be a hard lesson for Anet to learn because fundamentally, this wasn't about not liking or hating mounts for players ... it was about the perceptions people have about what WvW is supposed to be. Yet again, Anet doesn't make a stand with their approach to developing the game and people are STILL left to guess and impose their own ideas of what it should be and for who. It's the same thing in PVE with raids ... game caters to group A ... Anet introduces Raids that don't suit the playstyle of group A ... WTH are they doing? Then they try and bridge the gap ... but for who?

This general wishy washy approach to the game philosophy is HURTING it, not fixing it.

Mounts were made to sell skins with zero afterthought to their impact tbh, as much as we argue about it skins were 90% of the reason probs.

You don't know that ... it's just your speculation because you have a big bag of salt. Even to this day you can see there was not zero afterthought to their impact. They get you to where you need to be faster. That's not an afterthought ... that is intended.

Not the part of getting places faster, everything else, all the bugs, dismounting unbalance etc. Look at how many things they had to change/fix, no testing done at all.

No, you don't know that ... you have no clue what testing was done. Can I just assume everytime you make a post, you make most of it up?

If testing was done why were there an enormous amount of issues? It is just the logical assumption.

Issues don't indicate no testing was done. It's NOT a logical assumption at all.

How you gonna argue they tested rev? It's not like they're borked only in hard-to-duplicate, once-in-a-lifetime situations.. Even activating a hammer skill
once
should have indicated things weren't working as intended.

Easy ... I won't.

I'm simply saying that just because 'bugs' doesn't mean there was no testing.

I get it, in the same way having few police results in a very low arrest rate xD

But you can't say there are no police! They technically do exist.

Much like you can't say I put no effort in this post. I'll have you know it was effort to poke at these letters.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

How you gonna argue they tested rev? It's not like they're borked only in hard-to-duplicate, once-in-a-lifetime situations.. Even activating a hammer skill
once

Easy ... I won't.

I get it, in the same way having few police results in a very low arrest rate xD

Much like you can't say I put no effort in this post. I'll have you know it was effort to poke at these letters.

So.. You're leaning towards are cops but guarding the donut shop?

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

once

Easy ... I won't.

So.. You're leaning towards are cops but guarding the donut shop?

Yes, and you should be grateful the donuts are safe.