new player to wvw

Ziggyoom.9124

Mesmer- My build for WVW duels/roaming/camps/and PVP(gold usually/plat periodically)

Illusions- bottom bottom bottomDueling- bottom bottom bottomMirage- mid mid topFalse Oasis/Blink/Signet of Midnight/Mass invisibility(or Jaunt)Sword/Torch Scepter/PistolVipers gear/Tempest runes/Malice and Energy sigils

This build is great for condi DPS, 1 v 1 duels, roaming, camp captures, stealth, and in combat mobility. It is definitely not for everyone but I have found immense success with it.

I swap gear type and runes lots for experimenting and it is flexible. Undead Runes and Trailblazer(Wanderer for PVP) stats are super tanky and survivable at the cost of dps.

@Ziggyoom.9124 said:new player to wvw and having a hard time and would love some advice.which profession and build is the best in terms of new player friendly for wvw , i want to be able to kill some one once in a blue moon at least

thank you for your time :)

Revenant has some easy to use builds. Hard to master but easy to jump in. Would that interest you OP?

@Ziggyoom.9124 said:new player to wvw and having a hard time and would love some advice.which profession and build is the best in terms of new player friendly for wvw , i want to be able to kill some one once in a blue moon at least

If you want to follow a commander i reccomend the scourge (facerolling your keyboard randomly to win) - decent amount of sustain an good lootbags.For solo raming burnout ele, shiro boom revenant, or burning DH, but there are planty to choose on metabattle.

Condition Daredevil: probably the easiest solo build. You can go full Dire, don't even need Expertise or any other stat. Just press 2 with your Venom skill active, then dodge into the enemy... boom already 12 poison stacks that tick 1.5k+ a second. A build that needs no skill to play, and when things get hot, nothing can catch a thief; not even another thief.

Stance Spellbreaker: this one is easy because of the sustain it has, but you won't really be killing anything unless you understand the class to a fine level. You can tell a good from a bad Spellbreaker.

Condition Herald: since there's a lot of boon spam, condition herald laughs in the faces of those abusing boons, it gets better with a firebrand as duo; probably to be of the best duos in wvw.

Boonbeast: you won't really die unless you face a class that can strip these boons off of you or got LUL'd by a "it-only-hits-for-7k" backstab.

Others:

1. There is a Fire Weaver - Primordial Stance then go full fire - most players can't deal with it.

2. Holosmith: it's on a different level in WvW, but you need to invest time into it.

Both Weaver and Holo are known of how they good they are for how they manage their skills in longer fights other than just pressing the damage dealing skills.

1. PewPew Soulbeast: it has a great starter, which is the 1500+ auto attack, but in close combat you can tell how good the player is at the class

Guardian and Necro are easy to take down when solo, however, they are extremely powerful with a duo that can dish out damage or support them respectively.

Mesmer has only one build worthy of mentioning that is Power GS, but they are easy to predict and they run out of moves quickly, so they are probably still running, till ANet brings their 2018 condition mirage back, which tests how good you can survive vs a maxed-out player in a level 1 area (hint: level 1 area is that first hour of playing with which you faced that player).

Thieves, Mesmers, Engineers and Rangers have broad access to stealth, which is the strongest skill/effect in WvW; any of them are the best choices to rekt enemies in WvW, but if we are talking across all the game modes then the Mesmer is the strongest. Guardian is optimal and has a lot of variety, but outside meme trapper runes has no access to stealth, so can't be tailored to endesssly reset fights and/or avoid fights.

For a wvw beginner id recommend finding a zerg, getting into comms with them and ask for a proper zerging specc (guards, scourge, rev and spellbreaker are always welcomed)

thank you for your time :)Advice as per your question:

Don't bother. Find a game and a game mode in it that hasn't been left to rot for the last five years. One that has better profession and population balance and which rewards you better for your loyalty and your time investment.

revenant herald

assassin glint.

staff hammer. pretty simple backline game play. =)

i dont know any easier class to play.