WvW Player Engage: Spinal Shivers needs to be toned down

Tao.5096

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I mean, reapers were always kind of a joke, right? Now they can take you down in seconds if you don't respect, but they're still pretty easy to shut down. It sounds pretty fair to me. You want that kind of burst, you should be vulnerable. Reapers seem that way to me.

You mean vulnerable like thieves (stealth, high mobility, teleport) or warrior (invulnerable, high mobility) or ranger (high range, invulnerable, boon spam, high mobility)

I wish the same rules would apply to reaper.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Tao.5096 said:Spinal Shivers is a 5th skill upon equiping focus on Necromancer.In Power Reaper build this skill can hit up easily 7~9k damage to a player which roughly equals to in many cases ~50% of HP pool.Skill has minimalist animation during cast time, 1200 range and hits out of the box (only line of sight).Additionally it removes up to 3 boons, applies 6 seconds of Chill and has only 20 seconds of cooldown.

It needs to be toned down - too much packed into one single skill.

Rush is a 5th skill upon equipping a greatsword on warrior.I'm not even playing a glass build and got hit for 17.5k last night.This is more than 100% of the HP of a lot of builds out there.

So, does OP think this should be toned down too?

Did you have barrier up or were at 90% health? The only way Rush hit for that high is if the warrior had Warrior's cunning traited and you satisfied one of those two conditions in addition to the warrior being a Beserker in Berserk mode and had 3 stacks of berserker's power up and Peak Performance up. I hit for 9-10k with rush in Berserk regularly, but that is without all the modifiers up that I mentioned.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Tao.5096 said:Spinal Shivers is a 5th skill upon equiping focus on Necromancer.In Power Reaper build this skill can hit up easily 7~9k damage to a player which roughly equals to in many cases ~50% of HP pool.Skill has minimalist animation during cast time, 1200 range and hits out of the box (only line of sight).Additionally it removes up to 3 boons, applies 6 seconds of Chill and has only 20 seconds of cooldown.

Rush is a 5th skill upon equipping a greatsword on warrior.I'm not even playing a glass build and got hit for 17.5k last night.This is more than 100% of the HP of a lot of builds out there.

Did you have barrier up or were at 90% health? The only way Rush hit for that high is if the warrior had Warrior's cunning traited and you satisfied one of those two conditions in addition to the warrior being a Beserker in Berserk mode and had 3 stacks of berserker's power up and Peak Performance up. I hit for 9-10k with rush in Berserk regularly, but that is without all the modifiers up that I mentioned.

No barrier, have 29k health in the build and was at 25k. I dodged bull rush (his opener) and was hit with throw axe (4k) and rush (17.5k) literally in the same instant, and in that order (possibly lag as it was pretty bad that night). Used my next dodge to avoid a sup battle maul (+1) and was downed by arc divider. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time anyway, but had never been hit that hard by that skill. Even then, I think the damage on it is fine. There are a ton of skills/builds that overperform, spinal shivers and rush aren't on that list.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

No barrier, have 29k health in the build and was at 25k. I dodged bull rush (his opener) and was hit with throw axe (4k) and rush (17.5k) literally in the same instant, and in that order (possibly lag as it was pretty bad that night). Used my next dodge to avoid a sup battle maul (+1) and was downed by arc divider. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time anyway, but had never been hit that hard by that skill. Even then, I think the damage on it is fine. There are a ton of skills/builds that overperform, spinal shivers and rush aren't on that list.

I agree that Rush and shivers do not share that list. Must have been a super glassy zerker though for a 17k Rush.

@Groutowicz.2984 said:Just add a visible animation and it’s fine.

It has a one sec cast time, and the necro does a circular motion with their hand. I mean, if you havent noticed that you fight a necro who has a focus equipped, and you dont pay attention to that particular animation (offhand dagger 5 also has the same animation, I believe), maybe you should get hit by the skill...