Please give us ranged options for PvE

Amaranthe.3578

@"Lexi.1398" said:rifle honestly needs a full rework, its easily and by a huge gap the worst weapon in the game. slow, low damage, barely useful for control effects and while the combination of specific CC on it ARE useful combined together, the the bad numbers and short immobilise mean oftentimes it's just better to not do it at all (especially in open world). if the numbers were increased only then the CC effects on it could make it a very powerful weapon, therefore i think only total rework can save it.

Yes, because what this game needs more of are heavy armored 25k hp "tanks" running around with high value long range weapons. Preferably piercing and with long cc durations! :pWarrior doesn't seem to be the class that should be focused on a ranged weapon imo.

• Confused 1

I have used riffle in some meta events with a lot of mobs.My main concern was to be able to tag as fast as possible.Needless to say that you can't rely on auto for anything. However, volley was good as it is fast and pierces. It was my only but strong tagging skill.

Finally, burst is obviously strong, but everything was actually dead before I could fire it!

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Lexi.1398" said:rifle honestly needs a full rework, its easily and by a huge gap the worst weapon in the game. slow, low damage, barely useful for control effects and while the combination of specific CC on it ARE useful combined together, the the bad numbers and short immobilise mean oftentimes it's just better to not do it at all (especially in open world). if the numbers were increased only then the CC effects on it could make it a very powerful weapon, therefore i think only total rework can save it.

Yes, because what this game needs more of are heavy armored 25k hp "tanks" running around with high value long range weapons. Preferably piercing and with long cc durations! :pWarrior doesn't seem to be the class that should be focused on a ranged weapon imo.

Yet rifle is still in need of a bump, but then that is relative to the current balance. We'll have to see after this next big rebalance.

That or Anet needs to swap some of warrior's swiftness for superspeed to help against kiters.

Im still on the side where i believe the rifle should be a shotgun, designed around mid range AOE combat. Maybe make the burst skill flip all the 1-5 skills into new faster longer range harder hitting skills for X shots.

Personally I see a shotgun more fitting for the warrior than a very boring rifle that just goes bang bang bang and a clunky dodge.

@Smoosh.2718 said:Im still on the side where i believe the rifle should be a shotgun, designed around mid range AOE combat. Maybe make the burst skill flip all the 1-5 skills into new faster longer range harder hitting skills for X shots.

Personally I see a shotgun more fitting for the warrior than a very boring rifle that just goes bang bang bang and a clunky dodge.

I'd be cool with a 900 range AoE monster, but we'd need a 1200 or 1500 range power option still.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Im still on the side where i believe the rifle should be a shotgun, designed around mid range AOE combat. Maybe make the burst skill flip all the 1-5 skills into new faster longer range harder hitting skills for X shots.

I'd be cool with a 900 range AoE monster, but we'd need a 1200 or 1500 range power option still.

That would require too much work, which is why I offered a quick fix/band-aid

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

That would require too much work, which is why I offered a quick fix/band-aid

I dont know, these small band aid fixes dont work in my honest opinion. look at the last one, a clunky horrible dodge roll on skill 4 that isnt even fun to play with.If its made into a shotgun, this would give the rifle so much more to work with, shoot slugs for distance, shoot buckshot for hard mid range, shoot exploding flamable shells, heck they could even toy with the idea of firing a flare into the air, revealing invisible foes then exploding doing an AOE scatter attack bellow.

I'd have much more fun with a shotgun than the current rifle. It pains me to not use my rifle due to how boring it is to play with.

I am in hope that something like this has been addressed with the soon 700 skill balance patch which is due to drop at the end of Q1? ( need confirmation when this is dropping)

@Smoosh.2718 said:

That would require too much work, which is why I offered a quick fix/band-aidI am in hope that something like this has been addressed with the soon 700 skill balance patch which is due to drop at the end of Q1? ( need confirmation when this is dropping)

March and I doubt it, but who knows. ;p

• Confused 1

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Currently Rifle/Bow are just too lame for general PvE. With a simple fix warrior can run around with actually decent ranged option.Suggestion : Allow the cracked shot trait to make the auto attack pierce. Even if just in PVE. PLEASE.

It used to make all rifle rounds pierce. They nerfed it, so good luck getting that back.

You'll be better off asking for a Rifle rework.

In the meantime. Try to add sigil of celerity, and sigil of rage on the rifle or bow. Take Heightened Focus. Between those three sources of quickness you should be able to shoot your rounds off fairly quickly. If you spec into boon duration you'll be able to perma maintain quickness in PvE this way.

If you run Zereker, then Gunflame will proc sigil of celerity for you, otherwise take kick to help fuel it.

No idea why they nerfed it. At least piercing in PvE would be great. Perhaps a compromise like I offered could work - make only the autos pierce. Perhaps they can remove the bleed from the auto since rifle is power anyways in favour of piercing autos.

I think it's clear Anet wants Warriors concept to be primarily melee. Remember, these changes and the general way the classes are designed are THEME-based, not performance. Some attention this last patch for sure because no class should be without a workable ranged option. I would be surprised if rifle edges out even the most mediocre melee weapons on this class.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Amaranthe.3578 said:Currently Rifle/Bow are just too lame for general PvE. With a simple fix warrior can run around with actually decent ranged option.Suggestion : Allow the cracked shot trait to make the auto attack pierce. Even if just in PVE. PLEASE.

It used to make all rifle rounds pierce. They nerfed it, so good luck getting that back.

In the meantime. Try to add sigil of celerity, and sigil of rage on the rifle or bow. Take Heightened Focus. Between those three sources of quickness you should be able to shoot your rounds off fairly quickly. If you spec into boon duration you'll be able to perma maintain quickness in PvE this way.

If you run Zereker, then Gunflame will proc sigil of celerity for you, otherwise take kick to help fuel it.

No idea why they nerfed it. At least piercing in PvE would be great. Perhaps a compromise like I offered could work - make only the autos pierce. Perhaps they can remove the bleed from the auto since rifle is power anyways in favour of piercing autos.

I think it's clear Anet wants Warriors concept to be primarily melee. Remember, these changes and the general way the classes are designed are THEME-based, not performance. Some attention this last patch for sure because no class should be without a workable ranged option. I would be surprised if rifle edges out even the most mediocre melee weapons on this class.

What are your thoughts then on rifle 2-4 getting the ammo system?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What are your thoughts then on rifle 2-4 getting the ammo system?

Rifles use ammo so ... nice theme based change IMO. Maybe they should have called the weapon 'musket' before applying the ammo system to it. :tongue: