If you want to gain/keep PvP players, stop absolutely demolishing builds every patch

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Axl.8924 common misconception, Boon corrupt is BAD against boon spam.if you get to corrupt 3 boons, and enemy holo has 15 might, fury, swiftness, protection,vigor,regeneration and retaliation. there are good chances that you steal kitten boons like regen/swiftness and have low impact.on the other hand when you fight class that lacks boon spam and only has specific boons that it NEEDS, like warrior with might,fury and swiftness and thats it, THEN corrupt absolutely wrecks them.

That makes zero sense because boon corrupt was supposed to be one of the answers of a solution to boon spam.

if boon corrupt doesn't get touched and boon spam does, then you end up with less a boon corrupt problem, so nerf boons not boon corrupt. This sounds more like whining to nerf necros as much as possible to delete them because WAA I hate dealing with their aoes WAAA consume conditions can lead to fear by corrupting stab.

Boon corrupt isn't a issue.

dynamite was made for mining yet it was used for different reasons.Its not a nerf necro post, just a simple truth, if I have 3 boons that I NEED to have, having them removed hurts me more then if im kitten 10 different ones and I lose 3 of them, just simple fact.For all I care they can make boon corrupt additional boons if enemy has more then X boons, THEN it will actually counter boon.example, corrupt 2 boons, if enemy has 5 or more corrupt 3 instead.

dynamite is also used as a weapon, and AOE capabilities and have to be taken into the equation.

Another thing is some classes actually hard counter boon corrupt as is, because they have so many cleanses, and they don't put out anextravagant amount of boons.

Classes like engineer guardian and rev have to be countered because they get out of control, its just part of the meta.

Now I understand why you complain, in the past where boon to corrupt and boon spam was left uncontrolled you could kill people, but if not people could boon spam and 1 shot others and was extremely overpowered. Boons on some classes still are out of control, so I don't see why necro should get more nerfs and further hurt their condi which btw is lackluster compared to other classes without boon corrupt.

@Axl.8924 you are misunderstanding my intentions.I have no intentions here, im not here to advocate for nerfs, changes nor am I here to argue if corrupts are good/strong or whatever.Im simply saying that corrupting is more effective against classes that have limited boon access, and less effective against classes that spam them to a ridiculous degree.Nerfing boon corrupt does nothing for me, meta mirage legit doesnt have a single boon, no might, no ferocity, no swiftness, no regen NORTHING. Corrupting is useless, I dont have a secret agenda. I am simply saying that corrupt boon as it is does not counter boom spam.IF they wanted corrupt to counter that they would make it MORE effective against an enemy with massive ammounts of boons but that is not the case.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Axl.8924 you are misunderstanding my intentions.I have no intentions here, im not here to advocate for nerfs, changes nor am I here to argue if corrupts are good/strong or whatever.Im simply saying that corrupting is more effective against classes that have limited boon access, and less effective against classes that spam them to a ridiculous degree.Nerfing boon corrupt does nothing for me, meta mirage legit doesnt have a single boon, no might, no ferocity, no swiftness, no regen NORTHING. Corrupting is useless, I dont have a secret agenda. I am simply saying that corrupt boon as it is does not counter boom spam.IF they wanted corrupt to counter that they would make it MORE effective against an enemy with massive ammounts of boons but that is not the case.

So what exactly do you want? you asking for it to be buffed? or you advocating for it to only effect everything but stab? or what.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Axl.8924 you are misunderstanding my intentions.I have no intentions here, im not here to advocate for nerfs, changes nor am I here to argue if corrupts are good/strong or whatever.Im simply saying that corrupting is more effective against classes that have limited boon access, and less effective against classes that spam them to a ridiculous degree.Nerfing boon corrupt does nothing for me, meta mirage legit doesnt have a single boon, no might, no ferocity, no swiftness, no regen NORTHING. Corrupting is useless, I dont have a secret agenda. I am simply saying that corrupt boon as it is does not counter boom spam.IF they wanted corrupt to counter that they would make it MORE effective against an enemy with massive ammounts of boons but that is not the case.

So what exactly do you want? you asking for it to be buffed? or you advocating for it to only effect everything but stab? or what.

you said its designed to counter boons, I said its USED to counter boons, but the classes that spam them dont get punished by them.I guess all i do is correct you on it. Corrupt boon is bigger threat to warrior then it is to holo.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

you said its designed to counter boons, I said its USED to counter boons, but the classes that spam them dont get punished by them.I guess all i do is correct you on it. Corrupt boon is bigger threat to warrior then it is to holo.

So you want it to effect holos? yeah thats because it got hit pretty hard recently so it couldn't keep up.

It used to corrupt more boons, but consume conditions isn't as effective vs classes that can cleanse and replace boons that quickly, it's true that holo i said so earlier on. I tried, and I simply couldn't get enough boon corrupt to down a holo who spams booms all day long, same with guardians, which is why around that time i advocated for nerfing boons more because boons were insanely overkilled. I'm not sure how much better scourge is, but for necro its not great on core at least.

It sounded like you wanted to nerf the cc area of boon corrupt, which i don't really understand really, since that won't make it effective counter to holosmiths.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

So you want it to effect holos? yeah thats because it got hit pretty hard recently so it couldn't keep up.

It used to corrupt more boons, but consume conditions isn't as effective vs classes that can cleanse and replace boons that quickly, it's true that holo i said so earlier on. I tried, and I simply couldn't get enough boon corrupt to down a holo who spams booms all day long, same with guardians, which is why around that time i advocated for nerfing boons more because boons were insanely overkilled. I'm not sure how much better scourge is, but for necro its not great on core at least.

It sounded like you wanted to nerf the cc area of boon corrupt, which i don't really understand really, since that won't make it effective counter to holosmiths.

meh, from personal exp corrupting warriors,rangers,power revs and necros is more important then boom spam holo/FB.Prepatch had a game where I corrupted FB 3 times and he just replaced all of the boons within seconds.gr8 design, you corrupt the boons and he truns condis back into boons, amazing counter to the counter clap clap xd

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Axl.8924 common misconception, Boon corrupt is BAD against boon spam.if you get to corrupt 3 boons, and enemy holo has 15 might, fury, swiftness, protection,vigor,regeneration and retaliation. there are good chances that you steal kitten boons like regen/swiftness and have low impact.on the other hand when you fight class that lacks boon spam and only has specific boons that it NEEDS, like warrior with might,fury and swiftness and thats it, THEN corrupt absolutely wrecks them.

That makes zero sense because boon corrupt was supposed to be one of the answers of a solution to boon spam.

if boon corrupt doesn't get touched and boon spam does, then you end up with less a boon corrupt problem, so nerf boons not boon corrupt. This sounds more like whining to nerf necros as much as possible to delete them because WAA I hate dealing with their aoes WAAA consume conditions can lead to fear by corrupting stab.

Boon corrupt isn't a issue.

dynamite was made for mining yet it was used for different reasons.Its not a nerf necro post, just a simple truth, if I have 3 boons that I NEED to have, having them removed hurts me more then if im kitten 10 different ones and I lose 3 of them, just simple fact.For all I care they can make boon corrupt additional boons if enemy has more then X boons, THEN it will actually counter boon.example, corrupt 2 boons, if enemy has 5 or more corrupt 3 instead.

That analogy breaks down. You claim that Boon Corrupt is bad against boon spam, and your example is dynamite which was made for mining, and, while it has other uses, still was used for mining a lot for many, many years?

There has been more players joining PvP for a trinket than there was for builds that remained dominant for years, this post makes no sense and goes to show players refuse to adapt to an otherwise would be stale game if things were going their way.