Any estimates on the missing "No Quarter" VA?

I was wondering if there were any estimates about when the VA would be added to the latest content? Dont know how much the disease situation affects Anet's region locally and on a wider scale (e.g. do the voice actors have to travel, etc)Of course this question is taking into account Anet has to get both the actual voice actors to record, and then also implement them into the game.

I assume its gonna take maaany months, considering the dreadful condition the US is in currently?

There is unlikely any way this can be answered given the current situation. There are too many factors and potential variables, plus they probably wont give out the info until shortly before it comes out anyway.

The best way of looking at it is to actually not expect it at all, then when it does, it'll be a nice surprise

@Andovar Edoras.2143 said:I was wondering if there were any estimates about when the VA would be added to the latest content? Dont know how much the disease situation affects Anet's region locally and on a wider scale (e.g. do the voice actors have to travel, etc)From what I recall, they have a studio specifically for this, so yeah travel would be necessary.@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Because the recording studio staff and voice actors who help bring Guild Wars 2 to life are also abiding by shelter-in-place guidance to keep the virus from spreading, we’ve chosen to release the upcoming third episode of The Icebrood Saga without voice acting.

@Andovar Edoras.2143 said:Of course this question is taking into account Anet has to get both the actual voice actors to record, and then also implement them into the game.

I assume its gonna take maaany months, considering the dreadful condition the US is in currently?

Well, I wouldn't consider the US to be in a dreadful condition. :) However, yes, things are really locked down due to the pandemic. It will be some time before things get to a position where Anet would be safe in allowing VAs to record for the game.

@Randulf.7614 said:There is unlikely any way this can be answered given the current situation. There are too many factors and potential variables...

...The best way of looking at it is to actually not expect it at all, then when it does, it'll be a nice surprise

This. I'm in the South Central U.S. They started reopening things here in early May. Exactly two weeks later our number of confirmed cases spiked abruptly up and has been increasing steadily ever since. How bad will it get? Unknown. Will they have to shut things down again? Unknown. If we do go into a second shut down, how long before they can safely reopen things again? Unknown. Given the number of unknowns right now, I doubt there is any way to give a meaningful time estimate on something as small as the voice acting in a video game.

I can't even estimate when my job will go back to normal.

But for what it's worth Anet apparently records voice acting in Los Angeles, California, so it will depend on the situation there. Although I think Anet started their staff working from home before there was any formal shelter-in-place order, so they may wait until after that's removed before they start recording voice acting. Especially since, if it's anything like recording music it will involve several people spending hours in a small room with limited ventilation so it's a high risk situation for spreading viruses.