Dragon Bash 2020 is live in Guild Wars 2!

@"gebrechen.5643" said:I like the festival and especially the beetle race.BUT how is it possible that people are below the 1 minute race time (my best is 1:08:23) or even win 3 rounds of a race while I'm still in round 1. I started with the other players at the starting time and was around 2/3 of round 1, when a player finished the race.Even with a bad round which means 1:15:something this isn't anywhere near possible.

Its a bit hard to tell with the info we got. First of all have maxed out masteries on all your mounts. Given you beat gold I assume you do use boost and drift. The real fast times probably hotkeyed their game so that they can already be in boost speed before they actually started the race start line (or before the timer starts). They would also have to boost as much as they can, and drift with precision. You will have to grab all the "balls" on the road for extra energy to boost your beetle. Some masteries also replenish your mounts energy. There are some players that can handle the beetle like a pro. Visual settings and good internet connections also play parts (fast loading of textures etc). Maybe some players also switched between mounts to get more speed into it at certain parts. And then theres also players that can do every race on their griffons on max speed. You could maybe ask a top 10 player in the race list to ask for advice (or ask them to record it). I don't think the times of last year (1st time we had this event) were faster because the beetle would start without a maxed out energy bar at start, this got patched later on).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aaralyna.3104 said:

@"gebrechen.5643" said:I like the festival and especially the beetle race.BUT how is it possible that people are below the 1 minute race time (my best is 1:08:23) or even
win 3 rounds of a race
while I'm still in round 1. I started with the other players at the starting time and was around 2/3 of round 1, when a player finished the race.Even with a bad round which means 1:15:something this isn't anywhere near possible.

Its a bit hard to tell with the info we got. First of all have maxed out masteries on all your mounts. Given you beat gold I assume you do use boost and drift. The real fast times probably hotkeyed their game so that they can already be in boost speed before they actually started the race start line (or before the timer starts). They would also have to boost as much as they can, and drift with precision. You will have to grab all the "balls" on the road for extra energy to boost your beetle. Some masteries also replenish your mounts energy. There are some players that can handle the beetle like a pro. Visual settings and good internet connections also play parts (fast loading of textures etc). Maybe some players also switched between mounts to get more speed into it at certain parts. And then theres also players that can do every race on their griffons on max speed. You could maybe ask a top 10 player in the race list to ask for advice (or ask them to record it). I don't think the times of last year (1st time we had this event) were faster because the beetle would start without a maxed out energy bar at start, this got patched later on).If all the statements in the OP are true and correct, someone did 3 laps averaging 25 seconds per lap. Seems impossible to me.

The race here definitely is harder than for the other festivals. I don't get even in the daily top 1000 if sometimes I barely manage to get gold. While for Festival of the Four winds while not managing a lifetime ranking I get daily in the top 1000 (green ranking numbers). Problem is that it needs a lot of training because of the areas where you can get stuck. (By just doing it once a day you don't train a lot but in other festival races 1 try enough per day is enough training to get 5-10 seconds better than gold requirement. Remember the super easy ones at festival of the four winds where they could have added a "platin" rank to every race?)

For the top of the top you need to take into account that people might have used mesmer chaining portals - I think that has been discussed for other racing events as well where people thought of cheaters and didn't take this possibility into account.

I don't know about the race though. (Probably would have been noticed if pepole used mesmer portals.) Best would be to ask - like Manasa Devi suggested.