pc graphics

zHidden.2047

good night guys, i have been playing the game in medium quality and now i wanted to play at maximum, but my computer can't take it.I intend to buy a new one to play at maximum qualities, can someone tell me what are the minimum computer settings to be able to play at ultra?

@zHidden.2047 said:@Dawlier.8521 is that I need a new pc but with not so high cost because I live in Brazil and with the high dollar everything is more expensive

What dawlier means is that when a new top model arrives all the other models drop in price.

Also to keep in mind there isn't a setup that will play the game perfectly in ultra. The game is a bit older and so is the engine. Some parts are not well optimised. However, the better the specs are, the better it runs. But your budget does not correspond to this.

My advice is to build a setup and share it here before buying with the question how it would run the game and how we would improve it without changing the tot prize.

A good thing to consider is that the GPU has to be reasomabls, but the CPU is also very important for GW2. Specifically the single cores (as GW2 runs on one core, having a huge amount of poor cores is not so well

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@zHidden.2047 said:@Dawlier.8521 is that I need a new pc but with not so high cost because I live in Brazil and with the high dollar everything is more expensive

What dawlier means is that when a new top model arrives all the other models drop in price.

Also to keep in mind there isn't a setup that will play the game perfectly in ultra. The game is a bit older and so is the engine. Some parts are not well optimised. However, the better the specs are, the better it runs. But your budget does not correspond to this.

My advice is to build a setup and share it here before buying with the question how it would run the game and how we would improve it without changing the tot prize.

A good thing to consider is that the GPU has to be reasomabls, but the CPU is also very important for GW2. Specifically the single cores (as GW2 runs on one core, having a huge amount of poor cores is not so well

I'll see a pc calmly and then seek help again on the forum to know what to improve and what to change, but thank you for your help and tip

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:A good thing to consider is that the GPU has to be reasomabls, but the CPU is also very important for GW2. Specifically the single cores (as GW2 runs on one core, having a huge amount of poor cores is not so well

Dunno about that "runs on one core" thing - my i7 with eight hyperthreaded cores = 16 vCPUs often gets to 25% usage by GW2 = minimum 4 threads = 2-4 cores depending on how the threads are distributed.

Of course Horizon Zero Dawn can fully load all 16 vCPUs...

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:A good thing to consider is that the GPU has to be reasomabls, but the CPU is also very important for GW2. Specifically the single cores (as GW2 runs on one core, having a huge amount of poor cores is not so well

Dunno about that "runs on one core" thing - my i7 with eight hyperthreaded cores = 16 vCPUs often gets to 25% usage by GW2 = minimum 4 threads = 2-4 cores depending on how the threads are distributed.

Of course
Horizon Zero Dawn
can fully load all 16 vCPUs...

GW2 uses multiple cores, but it is often limited by single thread performance. Especially FPS is heavily dependent on a high single thread performance. If I remember correctly a dev once said that there is a lot going on in the main rendering thread that they can't really extract into other threads.

I've tried playing GW2 at minimum and at maximum settings and got only a few FPS in difference and that difference was small enough to be a statistical error. Upgrading my CPU increased FPS by a lot.