Afk farming in mad king labyrinth

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they saw someone griefing them and reported that player, they weren't actually AFK then.

Sure, they were "at the keyboard" as it were. Of course they weren't actually playing the game, but it's pretty apparent that none of that matters. The rules are all just vague enough so they can do anything or nothing at their leisure, as it is in all MMOs. Just react to protect the companys intrests, the rest can rot.

What the difference between minions killing mobs on one screen while watching Netflix on the other versus staring at only a single screen where the minions are killing the mobs?

None. Both instances the player isn't actually playing if he does nothing but watch his minions kill mobs or watch netflix while his minions kill mobs. That's where everyone differs on here. Some think you shouldn't get loot that way while others think it's perfectly splendid to read a book or do homework as you get loot doing nothing but stand in one spot.

Except that it's allowed by Anet. You may dislike it but it's their game and their rules.

In other words, all of these threads are redundant as anet is indifferent to their own ToS. As i said, just vague enough rules so anet doesn't need to enforce anything until it fits anets needs so they can keep as many people "playing" as possible. It's just what i have come to expect from MMO developers.

Want proof that anet doesn't care? Go to iron marches: bloodfin lake, and watch as they are still standing there with their army of engineers that have been there for years. I'm sure they are just AFKing... You can say what you want, but you will never convince me that someone is willing to farm anything for years without doing anything else in game. After all, when they stand there every single day, they obviously can't be doing anything else, unless it's allowed to just use two or more accounts at the same time (i wonder how they activate the skills conviniently at regular intervals? Hmmm...). If it is allowed, then as i said, all these threads are redundant as soon as anet stops pretending and just admits it.

Can you prove that those have been the same accounts? Can you prove that those people are actually AFK?

What about the rules are vague to you?

Unattended and inattentive are two very different things.

So as i said, all these threads are redundant. I could repeat what i have said before but that would be, well, redundant. After all, if you are indifferent or participate in this kind of behaviour, what could i possibly say? I don't need to prove that going beyond human endurance and skipping sleeping permanently just to farm stuff seems unlikely. I don't need to stand there all day, every day to simply check if they are still there. Are they? Yes, they are, and they will be there until the servers get shut down.

Let's say SW has people farming the meta 24/7. I assume those must be the same people doing it the entire time?

Unless you're maintaining a log by tracking each AFK farmer by their account at different time intervals during the day, there's really no way you can be so certain that it's the same players farming hours on end.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:If they saw someone griefing them and reported that player, they weren't actually AFK then.

Sure, they were "at the keyboard" as it were. Of course they weren't actually playing the game, but it's pretty apparent that none of that matters. The rules are all just vague enough so they can do anything or nothing at their leisure, as it is in all MMOs. Just react to protect the companys intrests, the rest can rot.

What the difference between minions killing mobs on one screen while watching Netflix on the other versus staring at only a single screen where the minions are killing the mobs?

None. Both instances the player isn't actually playing if he does nothing but watch his minions kill mobs or watch netflix while his minions kill mobs. That's where everyone differs on here. Some think you shouldn't get loot that way while others think it's perfectly splendid to read a book or do homework as you get loot doing nothing but stand in one spot.

Except that it's allowed by Anet. You may dislike it but it's their game and their rules.

In other words, all of these threads are redundant as anet is indifferent to their own ToS. As i said, just vague enough rules so anet doesn't need to enforce anything until it fits anets needs so they can keep as many people "playing" as possible. It's just what i have come to expect from MMO developers.

Want proof that anet doesn't care? Go to iron marches: bloodfin lake, and watch as they are still standing there with their army of engineers that have been there for years. I'm sure they are just AFKing... You can say what you want, but you will never convince me that someone is willing to farm anything for years without doing anything else in game. After all, when they stand there every single day, they obviously can't be doing anything else, unless it's allowed to just use two or more accounts at the same time (i wonder how they activate the skills conviniently at regular intervals? Hmmm...). If it is allowed, then as i said, all these threads are redundant as soon as anet stops pretending and just admits it.

Can you prove that those have been the same accounts? Can you prove that those people are actually AFK?

What about the rules are vague to you?

Unattended and inattentive are two very different things.

So as i said, all these threads are redundant. I could repeat what i have said before but that would be, well, redundant. After all, if you are indifferent or participate in this kind of behaviour, what could i possibly say? I don't need to prove that going beyond human endurance and skipping sleeping permanently just to farm stuff seems unlikely. I don't need to stand there all day, every day to simply check if they are still there. Are they? Yes, they are, and they will be there until the servers get shut down.

@"kharmin.7683" said:I agree. Good luck, though. Fight the good fight. I've had this argument before with Yggranya and it always circles around.

Indeed it does, as all you people can say is "can you prove it?".

Ya since you are sleeping they might be sleeping then as well.Maybe they need less sleep then you so you see them there everyday.

Since i don't sleep at regular intervals, and for 6 hours, i can easily see if they are there at different times or not. As i said, yes, they are. In fact, i'm done repeating myself, it won't change anything and you people really want to cover your own intrests. Not like there is any other reason why you are against this so dedicatedly. As i have said, relax, anet doesn't care.

Easy way to tell is the autocast GS4 aoe skill.. anyone doing that is obviously AFK farming as far as i'm concerned and they get reported on sight.

If a Necro aint autocasting then chances are they're just afk for a moment and will be coming back so always keep an eye out for that autocast 4.

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:How do they damage us?Look at the history.Popular AFK Farmplaces nerved to the ground.If that happens too much in Lab, same likely will happen.

AFK Farming always hurted us in the past. I see no reason why that would suddenly change.

Which popular afk farmplaces got nerfed to the ground in a way that significantly hurt active players?

• Confused 1