Elixer's change idea

Iskander.6309

@Iskander.6309 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:For what purpose? What's wrong with them today? What makes them not work so they need a change?

It adds a mechanic, and I kind of feel it could be "thematically" correct. The game is still evolving, and this could be an addition.Also it is just an idea.

I am not against thematically fitting changes and all, but I am a bit worried to make such a change to elixirs simply because they are the only utility skill type in our arsenal besides kits which are really good.

Almost all of our gadgets find nearly no application in any game mode and turrets are basically extinct at this point. Making a systemic change like this could shift the power level of elixirs into a direction we might not like, like Anet having to adjust them for the new mechanic by nerfing them.

I don't mind this.I always liked druggie-Rifle builds, but I absolutely abhor having to slot 4 drugs on my utility bar.

If it's something like :Equip Elixir toolkit, drink up to 3 potions, then the toolkit goes into cooldown for say, 20 seconds, sure why not, I welcome it.And the Toolbelt skill can be Elixir S with the same 60s cooldown as before.

It'd be thematically correct, having a certain "doze" of an elixir available that we can either throw or chug.But elixirs are what carries our class right now. Such change would require a major balancing and there is no alternative for elixirs in builds. So until the class is properly balanced - we have 3-4 skill types that are semi-universally available for any kind of build, multiple trait lines that offer equal amounts of interactions and core engi can compete with other professions without a need of picking an elite spec, I'd rather stick to what we have now.

@Yasai.3549 said:I don't mind this.I always liked druggie-Rifle builds, but I absolutely abhor having to slot 4 drugs on my utility bar.

If it's something like :Equip Elixir toolkit, drink up to 3 potions, then the toolkit goes into cooldown for say, 20 seconds, sure why not, I welcome it.And the Toolbelt skill can be Elixir S with the same 60s cooldown as before.

Can we stop suggesting to make literally every single utility skill type of the engineer into kits? Already read people suggesting a gadget kit, turret kit, and now people want to even turn our only other good utility skill set outside of kits into a kit?

@Kodama.6453 said:

Can we stop suggesting to make literally every single utility skill type of the engineer into kits? Already read people suggesting a gadget kit, turret kit, and now people want to even turn our only other good utility skill set outside of kits into a kit?

What's the matter, is the idea of having to potentially play keyboard piano with 6 different loadouts intimidating? :^)

Imagine a giant wall of text of explanation, and excuses.In the end it all boils down to: currently scrapper is top tier in wvw for the invisi and condi removal. In Fractals, Raids and you name other group content, it is subpar, no matter how you look at it. (I tried, I failed).

The game, in its current state is built upon meta builds which is how it should be. But the meta could be expanded, and elixers could be a step forward to Engineer's viability in boons/support. I think, I hope.

Disclaimer, there are a lot more options to expand the meta, I am just engihorny.

@Iskander.6309 said:Imagine a giant wall of text of explanation, and excuses.In the end it all boils down to: currently scrapper is top tier in wvw for the invisi and condi removal. In Fractals, Raids and you name other group content, it is subpar, no matter how you look at it. (I tried, I failed).

The game, in its current state is built upon meta builds which is how it should be. But the meta could be expanded, and elixers could be a step forward to Engineer's viability in boons/support. I think, I hope.

Disclaimer, there are a lot more options to expand the meta, I am just engihorny.

To this point, Anet has created elite spec which can roughly get seperated into 3 types: dps, tank, support.Engineer has 2 of these. Holosmith serves as our dps elite spec, while scrapper is designed to be a tank.A support elite spec, something along the lines of the druid or scourge, is something that we are missing.

I think it is more likely that Anet will enhance our ability to fill the healing and boon support role in end game PvE by giving us a support elite spec for the third expansion. It makes the most sense in my opinion.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Iskander.6309 said:Imagine a giant wall of text of explanation, and excuses.In the end it all boils down to: currently scrapper is top tier in wvw for the invisi and condi removal. In Fractals, Raids and you name other group content, it is subpar, no matter how you look at it. (I tried, I failed).

To this point, Anet has created elite spec which can roughly get seperated into 3 types: dps, tank, support.Engineer has 2 of these. Holosmith serves as our dps elite spec, while scrapper is designed to be a tank.A support elite spec, something along the lines of the druid or scourge, is something that we are missing.

I think it is more likely that Anet will enhance our ability to fill the healing and boon support role in end game PvE by giving us a support elite spec for the third expansion. It makes the most sense in my opinion.Hahaha,
what
?

Scrapper is meta support in WvW. Heavy meta support. 90% of scrappers run the exact same support build regardless of it being a 5 man or 50 man or guild raid.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

I think it is more likely that Anet will enhance our ability to fill the healing and boon support role in end game PvE by giving us a support elite spec for the third expansion. It makes the most sense in my opinion.Hahaha,
what
?

Scrapper is meta support in WvW.
Heavy
meta support. 90% of scrappers run the exact same support build regardless of it being a 5 man or 50 man or guild raid.

That scrapper is played as a support in WvW does not mean that it is designed as a support in the first place. That is already evidenced by the fact that it basically has a dead grandmaster minor trait in it's build. Most of the time, this build is camping the med kit and also doesn't invest any stats in power, meaning that impact savant becomes entirely useless as a trait for this build.

Anet themselves stated that scrapper is intended as a bruiser, a tanky fighter spec. The reason why scrapper is used in a support build are just: some of it's utility skills (sneak, purge and bulwark gyro) and the fact that engineer lacks a third support trait line.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:I don't mind this.I always liked druggie-Rifle builds, but I absolutely abhor having to slot 4 drugs on my utility bar.

Why not? Then we can throw kits into an omega kit as well, and we'd end up with 4-5 utility skills to choose from making build crafting piss-easy, also makes way easier for ANet to balance toolbelt skills since there's only 5 left as well.

@Kodama.6453 said:

what
?

Scrapper is meta support in WvW.
Heavy
meta support. 90% of scrappers run the exact same support build regardless of it being a 5 man or 50 man or guild raid.

That scrapper is played as a support in WvW does not mean that it is designed as a support in the first place. That is already evidenced by the fact that it basically has a dead grandmaster minor trait in it's build. Most of the time, this build is camping the med kit and also doesn't invest any stats in power, meaning that impact savant becomes entirely useless as a trait for this build.

Anet themselves stated that scrapper is intended as a bruiser, a tanky fighter spec. The reason why scrapper is used in a support build are just: some of it's utility skills (sneak, purge and bulwark gyro) and the fact that engineer lacks a third support trait line.

Scrapper happens to be used for support only because of Purge Gyro and Defense Field, the elite specs has nothing else that is essential. Superspeed spam is nice but you won't die without it and there are professions that can share it too. If Supply Drop gave 2 stacks of stability, core engi would shine as support way brighter than scrapper even if best you can do is take Tools.

Im just suggesting adding a mechanic to elixers because I think it would be more "logical" to have a stack of potions, which you could smash or drink.The reason I also think it could be fun is because it adds a mechanic which could be used in the future to add diversity to build options.

While I would like to go into detail about scrapper I suggest we do it in a bar with a lot of beer/whatever alcohol you prefer.