At Least Two Other Threads for 1-Dodge Mirage. Here's a 3rd - It Sucks and Needs to Change

Malkarne.8167

It's not about balance, it just feels like garbage to play. It's not fun. A class entirely based on evasion now feels like it's stuck in quicksand. I loved Mirage and I've stopped playing almost entirely because I don't like having a character that feels terrible to play in WvW. Please fix it.

Agreed. If they needed to nerf Mirage, fine, but do it with traits and skills.Removing a dodge, after all they've done to mesmers, is insulting.And indeed feels horrible to play.They need to give us the 2nd dodge back and if they really want to "balance" the Mirage, although, it doesn't really need a balance (the other professions are far superior in every way), then do it with something else.

@Opopanax.1803 said:I really dont do pvp or wvw, but I really cant imagine who came up with the idea to nerf DODGE, of all things on Mirage. It just feels like a quick, cheap patch.

Well, the wvw balance dev decided they couldn't balance the base mirage mechanic because I guess it would affect pve, I guess he didn't want to bother balancing the skills and traits around it with wvw only changes(what he should be doing), so he decided to nerf the dodge instead(knowing it would also hamper the class too much) to limit it and then left it to the pve side to balance it at some point(never). So yes, a quick cheap change with the added benefit of less qq from other class players. And now I'm sure something will happen with this post....

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:I really dont do pvp or wvw, but I really cant imagine who came up with the idea to nerf DODGE, of all things on Mirage. It just feels like a quick, cheap patch.

Well, the wvw balance dev decided they couldn't balance the base mirage mechanic because I guess it would affect pve, I guess he didn't want to bother balancing the skills and traits around it with wvw only changes(what he should be doing), so he decided to nerf the dodge instead(knowing it would also hamper the class too much) to limit it and then left it to the pve side to balance it at some point(never). So yes, a quick cheap change with the added benefit of less qq from other class players. And now I'm sure something will happen with this post....

But that leaves mirage where exactly, in the trash bin? And the funny thing is CMC admitted as much, so... is fixing that a 3 year task?

@otto.5684 said:But that leaves mirage where exactly, in the trash bin? And the funny thing is CMC admitted as much, so... is fixing that a 3 year task?

Well for pvp anyways, they still have their 2 dodges in pve. He admitted the change might have been heavy handed, and it's obvious he just wanted to wash his hand clean of the problem. Took them like what 7 months to unscrew the chrono no clone no shatter change?, we're passed that for the mirage screwup, they probably won't even bother with changes to the spec anymore, not when they have an expansion and probably new spec on the way to replace it, one I'm sure they'll happily nuke again.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@otto.5684 said:But that leaves mirage where exactly, in the trash bin? And the funny thing is CMC admitted as much, so... is fixing that a 3 year task?

Well for pvp anyways, they still have their 2 dodges in pve. He admitted the change might have been heavy handed, and it's obvious he just wanted to wash his hand clean of the problem. Took them like what 7 months to unscrew the chrono no clone no shatter change?, we're passed that for the mirage screwup, they probably won't even bother with changes to the spec anymore, not when they have an expansion and probably new spec on the way to replace it, one I'm sure they'll happily nuke again.

Chrono is still in the garbage lmao

@"phokus.8934" said:If Mirror's weren't so horrible implemented then the one dodge wouldn't be as bad.

It would still feel weird IMO because you're trained by the game for the entirety of it to have 2 dodges minimum. Every situation is balanced around that, so that you can quickly tap your "dodge" key and get away, and know you have enough for two. Mirages now need to re-learn everything in WvW and they got nothing in return for that dodge because yeah, mirrors are weirdly implemented.It's even worse because, you still have 2 dodges as a Mirage for PvE stuff.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:Chrono is still in the garbage lmao

Never said they weren't, just that they reverted one major dumb change(at the cost of nerfing more stuff). :lol:Rangers think they're the top in getting nerfed, but I don't think they even compare to what mesmer/chrono/mirage has had taken away from them.

Nobody got as much abuse as Mesmers did.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:Chrono is still in the garbage lmao

Never said they weren't, just that they reverted one major dumb change(at the cost of nerfing more stuff). :lol:Rangers think they're the top in getting nerfed, but I don't think they even compare to what mesmer/chrono/mirage has had taken away from them.

I mean they eat 2 nerfs in a row. 10% dmg each time and think they have it rough. meanwhile we get slammed by repeated 50% dmg nerfs, dodge nerfs, stun duration nerfs, removal of traits and all that crap.