Does reallocating World Ability Points affect Warclaw?

Sarpan.9074

I am new to WvW and playing it mainly for the Warclaw for now. I'm about half-way through the reward track and have put some points into defensive abilities to help a little with surviving as a low-level player. I am thinking about resetting points and moving them to the Warclaw track when I get it. If resetting removes all points, does that affect the Warclaw since the point in its mastery goes away?

@Sarpan.9074 said:I am new to WvW and playing it mainly for the Warclaw for now. I'm about half-way through the reward track and have put some points into defensive abilities to help a little with surviving as a low-level player. I am thinking about resetting points and moving them to the Warclaw track when I get it. If resetting removes all points, does that affect the Warclaw since the point in its mastery goes away?

If you own the warclaw and reset the points, you just can't use it or its abilities till you add the points again.

@Schimmi.6872 said:

@Sarpan.9074 said:I am new to WvW and playing it mainly for the Warclaw for now. I'm about half-way through the reward track and have put some points into defensive abilities to help a little with surviving as a low-level player. I am thinking about resetting points and moving them to the Warclaw track when I get it. If resetting removes all points, does that affect the Warclaw since the point in its mastery goes away?

If you own the warclaw and reset the points, you just can't use it or its abilities till you add the points again.

Thanks. That'll work. I just did not want to put the time in getting it then have it go poof when I reset the points, especially since the purpose of resetting is to move the points into the Warclaw.

@"Sarpan.9074" said:I am new to WvW and playing it mainly for the Warclaw for now. I'm about half-way through the reward track and have put some points into defensive abilities to help a little with surviving as a low-level player. I am thinking about resetting points and moving them to the Warclaw track when I get it. If resetting removes all points, does that affect the Warclaw since the point in its mastery goes away?

btw this defense-offense points from the "wvw-masteries" only affect your combat dmg output and bulk against NPCs. just seek some roaming classes and add up with them.

the level / rank only gives u better loot income. wvw masteries are mainly for abilites to use the stuff like sieges, supply, glider, warclaw (while it has not much use outside of the standard faster run)

u gain ranks btw faster when using guild wxp buff and regular XP boosters (when running with zergs). depending on your class you can join zergs always, just have enough panic buttons. most classes have enough of those, that way u get a quite good farm by just clouding around a zerg as newbie.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@"Sarpan.9074" said:I am new to WvW and playing it mainly for the Warclaw for now. I'm about half-way through the reward track and have put some points into defensive abilities to help a little with surviving as a low-level player. I am thinking about resetting points and moving them to the Warclaw track when I get it. If resetting removes all points, does that affect the Warclaw since the point in its mastery goes away?

btw this defense-offense points from the "wvw-masteries" only affect your combat dmg output and bulk against NPCs. just seek some roaming classes and add up with them.

the level / rank only gives u better loot income. wvw masteries are mainly for abilites to use the stuff like sieges, supply, glider, warclaw (while it has not much use outside of the standard faster run)

u gain ranks btw faster when using guild wxp buff and regular XP boosters (when running with zergs). depending on your class you can join zergs always, just have enough panic buttons. most classes have enough of those, that way u get a quite good farm by just clouding around a zerg as newbie.

Good info. Thanks. Linking up with groups, well, finding them in the first place is being a challenge for me as a starter. I actually addressed that separately. Maybe I should have done it in one thread with a WvW noob motif. :)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1391628#Comment_1391628

The few times I've been able to link up with a small group at, say, a camp or a zerg at a keep, things go pretty well. I just need to get better at finding them.

@Sarpan.9074 said:

Good info. Thanks. Linking up with groups, well, finding them in the first place is being a challenge for me as a starter. I actually addressed that separately. Maybe I should have done it in one thread with a WvW noob motif. :)

The few times I've been able to link up with a small group at, say, a camp or a zerg at a keep, things go pretty well. I just need to get better at finding them.

Most commanders have certain times and days when they're on. Try to find out when they go on (if regularly), and join then. Or try to find a WvW guild and join them in raids. You won't get as much wxp fighting other players, but it'll be pretty steady gain overall. World rank doesn't mean much anyway so... Just go in WvW and have fun. :smile:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Most commanders have certain times and days when they're on. Try to find out when they go on (if regularly), and join then. Or try to find a WvW guild and join them in raids. You won't get as much wxp fighting other players, but it'll be pretty steady gain overall. World rank doesn't mean much anyway so... Just go in WvW and have fun. :smile:

To add to this: asking a commander or a vocal member of their guild if they mind if you tag along can be helpful. I usually do this via PM. If the answer is ‘no’ I politely thank them, and move on.

Of course there will be commanders that are... young cats about it, but often, they appreciate that you respect them enough to ask. Depending on what class you are comfortable with, you may not be in a great party, but Knowing where they are going is helpful.

The xp starts to flow in. If they are a ‘fight guild’ you might not even know they are around. But short of that, you can usually jump in. (And if you are mostly looking for WxP, often the non fight guilds harness better WxP)

Many will like for you to at least listen in on Discord. Mics tend to be less important.

Playing a class they need makes it even easier, but that’s kind of a preference thing.