Can't select Celestial amulet

TheQuickFox.3826

I tried to return to PvP this evening and noticed my amulet selection was empty, and the Celestial stats I had are gone and I can't re-select it from the list.

I only play Elementalist and need some of the defensive stats that Cele gives me to not be killed very quickly. (Ele is fragile without extra vitality and toughness)Do I need to wait for it to return or do I need to unlock it somehow?

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:D/D ele is that you

S/D Ele or S/W Ele. I prefer some range of the scepter.

Scepter/Dagger is probably worst possible weapon choice on ele. If you are running scepter you want to go mostly damage anyways. You can play whatever you want/think it's fun. But, whatever build you were playing Menders was always better than Celestial after Celestial got nerfed. Celestial did less damage because power is best damage stat and celestial only gives 460 power and it gives you 460 crit which isn't a lot and then that 460 ferocity gets low value since you don't crit much and the condi damage won't make up for power damage you lose. Mender gives you 1k power and 500 precision which means you deal decent power damage. Now for defenses argument. Ele has low armor so 460 toughness is very nice and you also get 460 vitality, so against power damage burst Celestial is better but Mender still gives 500 vitality. I want to mention vitality is better stat against power burst than toughness is, toughness is good in sustained fight because over the course of the fight you will take less damage, but then ele scales extremely well with healing power and the extra healing power of menders will heal you more than extra toughness will mitigate. And then there is condi where toughness does nothing. So very rarely would Celestial save your life against burst and you lose to much damage and healing to be worth. Also one of the best runes on ele together with menders is rune of sanctuary on some skills barrier you get from that rune is equal to having 1000 extra healing power.

Would like to see your build if you don't mind sharing.

This is my general build for WvW and PvEhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGhAsilFkwoSbMxssyGZoOKPWtdA-z1YYrQBEBBWjmyvvQpIBSKguAJMI0OBBsZeA-wFor PvE I also have a pure berserker build I run in strike missions.

I currently have no build for sPvP because I tried to use my build in PvP but was not able to find anything close. Before, I used something as similar as possible in sPvP and was moderately successful in doing so. (High-silver, low-gold) And yes, I know there are more effective builds on sites like metabattle, but I prefer something I enjoy playing and that was scepter/dagger with Celestial stats mostly.

Yeah my point was just you shouldn't stop playing PvP just because they removed Celestial amulet because on ele mender is just better celestial. WvW Celestial is better than PvP one because you get more stats, so for example you get more crit chance so ferocity and power have better synergy with precision. Another option is to play Sage amulet which has both power and condi damage, but less survivability.

I think removing certain amulets was good since they helped some very boring builds to exist, but celestial was not used by many meta build. I think renegade, bunker guardian and decap druid used celestial. But in those cases the problem was not celestial it was the builds.

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:This is my general build for WvW and PvEhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGhAsilFkwoSbMxssyGZoOKPWtdA-z1YYrQBEBBWjmyvvQpIBSKguAJMI0OBBsZeA-wFor PvE I also have a pure berserker build I run in strike missions.

I currently have no build for sPvP because I tried to use my build in PvP but was not able to find anything close. Before, I used something as similar as possible in sPvP and was moderately successful in doing so. (High-silver, low-gold) And yes, I know there are more effective builds on sites like metabattle, but I prefer something I enjoy playing and that was scepter/dagger with Celestial stats mostly.

Marshal might work well too here. More damage and raw healing, but you need a defensive amulet to compensate. I am currently trying out some, Dolyak is possible or Earth... try around with it, adjust your playstyle a little and you can make it work! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up with Carrion amulet and Dolyak rune for some toughness. It lacks the healing power but makes good in the condition damage and health.I tried sage first but with no toughness I ended up being dead before I could make use of my healing abilities, especially with all the interrupts, fears and knockdowns going on. I needed something more passive.