Best use for a Tyrian Exchange Voucher?

Short answer: Unless you're expecting to get a lot of them save it until you find something you want which needs one of those currencies, and it seems difficult/too time consuming to get the currency directly, then use it on that.

Long aswer: Here's what they different currencies are. I'm not going to list everything they're used for because even I haven't hit a character limit on the new forum yet but if there is one that will do it. If you want a full list for any/all of these you can find it on the Wiki.

PvE map currencies:Geodes (Dry Top)Bandit Crests (Silverwastes)Airship Parts (Verdant Brink)Lumps of Aurillium (Auric Basin)Ley Line Crystals (Tangled Depths)Unbound Magic (Season 3 maps)Trade Contracts (PoF maps)Volatile Magic (Season 4 maps)

Dungeon currencies:Ascalonian TearsSeals of BeetletunDeadly BloomsManifestos of the MoletariateFlame Legion Charr CarvingsSymbols of KodaKnowledge CrystalsShards of Zhaitan

Other:Elegy Mosaics (PoF Funerary gear + a few other pieces)Fractal Relics (Fractals)

Dungeon currencies are mainly used to get dungeon gear - there's a full set of armour and weapon skins which are unique to each dungeon (they're also level 80 exotics so the stats are good too). 300 is enough to get a one-handed weapon or a piece of armour (except chest armour which costs 330 tokens). But they're also used to make Gen 1 legendary weapons, so if you're planning to make one of them it could be a good idea to use this to get a headstart (you'll need another 200 tokens).

The map currencies are used for a whole variety of things. I don't think you can get skins directly with them, but a lot of collections need parts bought with map currencies. As mentioned in the list Elegy Mosaics are used to purchase Funerary equipment, which includes unique skins. Fractal Relics are the ones I'm least familiar with, but I believe they're mainly used to buy ascended equipment, agony infusions and other Fractals upgrades.

The vouchers don't really have enough currency for anyone to worry about the most efficient way to convert it to gold. While there is a bad choice or two, there are lots of decent options depending on the content you do now (or later).

I agree with @"Danikat.8537" that the "best" use is saving them until you find yourself in urgent need of 300 dungeon tokens or 30 elegy mosaics to buy something. For a lot of people, that's going to be some sort of skin, maybe a legendary.

I would say use it on a dungeon currency, probably Arah or someother as dungeons are pretty much dead now. Its almost impossible to find a good party for dungeon as all of those veteran players have moved onto high tier fractals and raids. The only realistically possible way of getting dungeon currencies is to finish the dungeon story and then do pvp reward tracks for that dungeon.Don't waste it on open world currencies especially HoT map currencies. They are extremely easy to farm, and doing a 30 minute meta in Verdant Brink/Auric Basin/Tangled Depths can easily net you over 300 map currency. Not to mention they are FAR more actively run every day then Path of Fire maps. Bandit Crests? Heck no, easiest to get and running silverwastes i have over 10k of them and no good items to get.

• 3 years later...

I save them for the dungeons with Superior Rune of the Monk or the Superior Runes of Nightmare when I’m feeling lazy. Though Ascalonian Catacombs is one of the easier dungeons, and there’s rare times when people run them on LFG for the currency or as dailies.

It’ll be good to save them for when/if you need dungeon currency for a legendary weapon.

If there’s a currency you hate getting, like how I was bored farming for Dry Top geodes, this is perfect for that too.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2