Hey guys! I'm re-uploading this thread since the previous one got removed.
In case some of you don't know, ArenaNet removed from the human females characters back in 2014. It was said they were removed due to a possible glitch or due to the complaint of a small minority. The main thread that discussed this topic was locked in the old forums and the problem was never addressed ever since. I decided to bring this topic back to the surface. I posted this on Reddit and it managed to gather almost 600 upvotes! A large number of players do want these animations back, and we think it's unfair to have been left in the dark for so long. You can check out the following !
Another reason why I decided to make this is that so that us, the players, have a chance to show our dissatisfaction towards this issue. Here are some reasons as to why it should be brought back:
- Guild Wars 2 features numerous lore-breaking and over-the-top cosmetic items such as wings and flashy backpieces, ostentatious weapons, and effects, revealing and silly armor sets, etc... This and the use of a wardrobe system allow players to customize their characters in any way they see fit.
- The use of miniatures(downsized NPCs that follow players around), which have been turned into a meme in the past for interfering with cutscenes and otherwise serious plot elements. These were not removed.
- Players have the choice to use wander around during conversations or even use different emotes if they want to get in the mood of the scene. ArenaNet also showed us that it is possible to set each NPC its own string of animations during these in-game conversations.
- Every single race has its own unique idle animations. If we follow this whole logic of "lore-breaking" idles in specific situations, then I think it's fair to point out that all of them can fall under this category. Sylvari characters can be seen getting themselves distracted and looking around, flailing their arms and constantly showing signs of intrigue and happiness. I would say that something like that would certainly kill an "epic" moment where people are drying and a dragon is ready to fall on top of our character, wouldn't it?
- Low-polygon NPCs can be seen displaying these same animations, including new ones that were introduced in the game's latest expansion. The code is still there, it shouldn't be hard to enable it back, right?
The human female characters are the most played and beloved characters of the entire game. They are already sexualized and even had their own running animation tweaked to make it look sexier. You won't find many immersive characters in this game, apart from fashionistas and roleplayers. People enjoy diversity, and having our characters fixing their hair(even though they could be using a helm that covers their entire head) every single day of the week gets dull.
Thank you for your time! Please make sure to vote and check the Reddit thread if possible!
Please have a look at this,
@ArenaNet @Gaile Gray.6029 @Mike O Brien.4613 !