Locust swarm (new), more like Dudu swarm — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Locust swarm (new), more like Dudu swarm

Emapudapus.1307Emapudapus.1307 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 23, 2019 in Necromancer

(spvp perspective)
This rework must be a joke. Healing for 37? And it doesnt even proc other blood magic siphons. GG, new version is total garbage. Or am i missing something?
Criple and longer duration, bigger area gave me much better value, + more healing with blood siphons. WHATS THE POINT OF NEW SWARM?
https://imgur.com/a/TAohu3Z

Comments

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

You are missing its 10 impacts

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

Haha tried it a few seconds ago. What happenend to that skill? Cripple is gone and it can not critical hit. And therefore a 39 HP heal?

I am speechless.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Which sum up to a ridiculously 1400 damage in full PvE marauder gear if you stay on your target (which is not that easy because: no cripple anymore!!! and necro is slow you know).

If the range was 360, then yes it might be good in team fights when you add the potential leeching: 39 x 5 x 10 = 1950 HP at best . But do you know how tiny a 180 range is?

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KrHome.1920 said:
    Haha tried it a few seconds ago. What happenend to that skill? Cripple is gone and it can not critical hit. And therefore a 39 HP heal?

I am speechless.

And doesn't even work in shroud. It's a joke

• Emapudapus.1307Emapudapus.1307 Member ✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Ye before it was also 10 impacts and in pvp its much more reliable slower hits but longer duration + bigger area.

edited April 23, 2019

Yes, they halved the duration, but doubled the damage. But by converting it to lifesteal it can no longer crit, so overal its a nerf. yes
    To compare - Focus soul grasp for me does 1005 lifesteal damage and 440 healing with zerker stats, and 2 charges of it.

While we are on it: the new focus 4 is a joke too, no crits possible, clunky to use, projectile too slow.

Both skill are are worse than before the rework. When you think about how bad focus 4 has been, then this is really unbelieveable.

Well focus have a long range, so its a good opener if you are low on lifeforce, switching to axe 2, then gs or shroud.

• Agreed. Locust Swarm is worse and so is Soul Grasp.

The only positive thing I have to say is that Soul Grasp grants a nice burst Life Force percentage.

If Locust Swarm healed in Shroud it would be better. If it interacted with Blood Magic traits it would be decent. But even with both, I think the previous version was better.

[Smut] [HUNT] [IH] | Necromancer, Engineer, Revenant | Anvil Rock | Diamond Legend
    "I'll take triumph over victory every time. If it isn't a challenge it isn't an accomplishment."

edited April 23, 2019

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    Well focus have a long range, so its a good opener if you are low on lifeforce, switching to axe 2, then gs or shroud.

That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target. I am not sure but I think it's not even homing.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target.

Ah, maybe its bad in pvp. But I was looking at it from a pve angle. Im interested in seeing if focus or warhorn wins out for pve.

edited April 23, 2019

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

That skill is slower than a staff auto. If you hit with it at 1200 range, then your target must be afk. It's possible to run out of its range while it's moving to its target.

Ah, maybe its bad in pvp. But I was looking at it from a pve angle. Im interested in seeing if focus or warhorn wins out for pve.

Single target focus wins of course. Against 3 or more targets warhorn will be better, if you can get these 3 targets in the 180 range.

But the difference is negligible as both do not critical hit.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭

Nowhere did they say the warhorn was losing cripple. Is that a bug?

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    Yes, they halved the duration, but doubled the damage. But by converting it to lifesteal it can no longer crit, so overal its a nerf. yes
    To compare - Focus soul grasp for me does 1005 lifesteal damage and 440 healing with zerker stats, and 2 charges of it.

It's not really a nerf ... the old version of WH never healed. People are going to have to rethink how they use WH entirely; the weapon is a complete rework.

What I dislike is that Soul Grasp and Locust Swarm are almost the same skill ... Anet, why would you do this? It takes away from meaningful choices players have.

At least Soul Eater heals in Shroud ...

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

Should mention that Soul grasp goes down to 12s recharge to regain a charge with the Spiteful Talisman trait. Which is looking much stronger once you are using both axe and focus.

• DragonFury.6243DragonFury.6243 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    Should mention that Soul grasp goes down to 12s recharge to regain a charge with the Spiteful Talisman trait. Which is looking much stronger once you are using both axe and focus.

to hit a target at 1200 range the travel time is 3 second

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

to hit a target at 1200 range the travel time is 3 second

doesnt matter too much in pve. But as I said, i concede its problematic in pvp.

• Emapudapus.1307Emapudapus.1307 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019

@Obtena.7952 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

It's not really a nerf ... the old version of WH never healed. People are going to have to rethink how they use WH entirely; the weapon is a complete rework.

What I dislike is that Soul Grasp and Locust Swarm are almost the same skill ... Anet, why would you do this? It takes away from meaningful choices players have.

At least Soul Eater heals in Shroud ...

Heal is kinda same if you used it with blood. Rework into what? :D Its heal is almost non existent (same or less than before potentially, but more if you didnt use blood, but ppl do more dmg with small 1 autoattack than this could heal), almost no utility (only swiftness), dmg is almost non existent. How are we suppose to use that? :disappointed:
    To be fair Soul Eater also look like a copy of vampiric traits, at least from the numbers you get, at least healing and dmg is +/- .

edited April 23, 2019

You aren't seeing the bigger picture here ... is you just sit on AA, Soul Eater is going to look kitten of course. Make a proper Reaper DPS build and see how much Soul Eater is healing you IN SHROUD for ... it brings tears to my eyes.

I can't see a reason to use WH ... the Focus 4, as blah as it is, does WH 5 better and we already have lots of AOE interrupts. I just don't get the WH right now ... PVP maybe? I won't be using it in PVE for sure.

If you think balancing is only driven by performance and justified by comparisons to other classes then prepare to be educated:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/balance-updates-the-heralds-near-future-and-pvp-league-season-13/

• Methuselah.4376Methuselah.4376 Member ✭✭✭

@Obtena.7952 said:
    You aren't seeing the bigger picture here ... is you just sit on AA, Soul Eater is going to look kitten of course. Make a proper Reaper DPS build and see how much Soul Eater is healing you IN SHROUD for ... it brings tears to my eyes.

I can't see a reason to use WH ... the Focus 4, as blah as it is, does WH 5 better and we already have lots of AOE interrupts. I just don't get the WH right now ... PVP maybe? I won't be using it in PVE for sure.

I found I had better dps with WH than focus on golem. However I may not have incorporated it well into the rotation as when i was on Axe/Focus I used 4, 2, 4 and then shroud so by the time i am out of shroud I could use 4 and 2 again before swapping. However, I have always been horrible at golem dps.

• This is terrible. I posted a bug report of both the missing cripple functionality and the inability to use life steal from this skill while shrouded, which affects both shrouded core and reapers, basically making the skill useless in those cases. Please chime in to the post if possible so it gets more visibility to Anet.

edited April 23, 2019

@Obtena.7952 said:

Yes Soul Eater is fine like I mentioned in the preview thread as I said it's a strong supplement to Blood Magic and Blighter's Boon. On a high damage build against 3 targets it's even outperforming Blighter's Boon and can be seen as a replacement without having to drop Onslaught. The healing in a Blood Magic wells build is also insane. Paladin wells Reaper got a big sustain boost here.

But both the warhorn and focus skills are a huge design fail.

Ok. I tested a bit:
    Used soul eater trait:

Hitting 2 targets with the spin while in shroud will healed me for almost 3 k. Just the spin + the in beforehand activated locus swarm.

Hitting 5 people with a inshroud working locust swarm might be able to heal you from 1 to 100%

But I don't think that would be an issue.

As other classes are allowed such insane amounts of healing as well.

Just went into an unranked match, enemy team had a rev.

He did very good dmg and had insane sustain (playing with ventari/Herold) He could easily hold the point against 2 players.

• Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Me after seeing the focus 4 rework.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

@Nimon.7840 said:
    Ok. I tested a bit:
    Used soul eater trait:

Hitting 2 targets with the spin while in shroud will healed me for almost 3 k. Just the spin + the in beforehand activated locus swarm.

Hitting 5 people with a inshroud working locust swarm might be able to heal you from 1 to 100%

But I don't think that would be an issue.

As other classes are allowed such insane amounts of healing as well.

Just went into an unranked match, enemy team had a rev.

He did very good dmg and had insane sustain (playing with ventari/Herold) He could easily hold the point against 2 players.

Dont forget its just a single trait for us, vs them having to take the whole ventari traitline.

edited April 23, 2019

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    Dont forget its just a single trait for us, vs them having to take the whole ventari traitline.

It's not comparable.

You can not bunker with these skills/traits as they have an "on hit" mechanic. This can be countered via kiting, dodging and bursting (a thief or power rev will destroy such a build). An actual heal is much stronger.

And to come close to what a ventari rev can do you have to run a traitline as well: blood magic.

A necro can cover his healing with shroud, that's why it can not be too strong, otherwise the class becomes overpowered. Nevertheless locust swarm needs its range increased to 240 (I don't care about the inevitable "I puts me in combat when passing mobs" complaints!) and soul grasp needs either its projectile speed doubled or it should be a homing projectile.

edit:
    And please ANet, do something against these inconsistencies:

• Dagger2 leech can crit.
    • Warhorn5 leech can not crit and can not heal in shroud.
    • Focus4 leech can not crit and can not heal in shroud.
    • Soul Eater: can heal in shroud (Fortunately! Otherwise it would be trash!)
    • The whole blood magic traitline can heal in shroud except transfusion (Just why?).

It's a mess!

ah then I mnisunderstood what you meant.

• James.1065James.1065 Member ✭✭✭

• The whole blood magic traitline can heal in shroud except transfusion (Just why?).

It's a mess!

I agree, Warhorn should also heal in shroud, have the range increased to 240 and bring back the cripple.

Soul eater is in a good place now.

I can't agree with you more on the transfusion point, I have been advocating that it should heal the reaper too for more than a year now

• Warscythes.9307Warscythes.9307 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2019

@James.1065 said:

It's a mess!

I agree, Warhorn should also heal in shroud, have the range increased to 240 and bring back the cripple.

Soul eater is in a good place now.

I can't agree with you more on the transfusion point, I have been advocating that it should heal the reaper too for more than a year now

Transfusion has been healing in shroud for awhile now. What are you talking about. Let me double check.

EDIT: Huh it didn't, thought it did.

Anybody how this works is because vampiric and vampiric aura are both life steal effects. That's why they work through shroud. Transfusion is a simple heal.

At this current stage I am actually not a fan of changing transfusion simply because soul eater is looking like quite a bit healing. Let's wait until the dust settles before touching blood.

edited April 24, 2019

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

It's not comparable.

You can not bunker with these skills/traits as they have an "on hit" mechanic. This can be countered via kiting, dodging and bursting (a thief or power rev will destroy such a build). An actual heal is much stronger.

And to come close to what a ventari rev can do you have to run a traitline as well: blood magic.

A necro can cover his healing with shroud, that's why it can not be too strong, otherwise the class becomes overpowered. Nevertheless locust swarm needs its range increased to 240 (I don't care about the inevitable "I puts me in combat when passing mobs" complaints!) and soul grasp needs either its projectile speed doubled or it should be a homing projectile.

I casted it on a running mob. And it was homing. Did I miss something?

edit:

Don't tell them this. Next patch will be: in order to make the leech in line we changed dagger 2....

And it's not a real leech right now. It heals you when hitting the enemy, but it's not life siphon
    That's why it's able to crit

It's a mess!

edited April 24, 2019

@James.1065 said:

To clarify my point: Transfusion should heal in shroud like every other BM trait does. It's a bad balancing policy (it just confuses people and it's limiting options for certains elite specs) to exclude certain traits and skills instead of adjusting numbers and mechanics. The healing could be lower for reapers if ANet thinks it's overpowered for that spec.

@Nimon.7840 said:

I am not sure if it does. The few moments when I casted it on a moving target it tried to predict the movement destination and then flew in a straight line to that point. I can't tell for sure if it then further adjusts its movement direction.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@James.1065 said:

To clarify my point: Transfusion should heal in shroud like every other BM trait does. It's a bad balancing policy (it just confuses people and it's limiting options for certains elite specs) to exclude certain traits and skills instead of adjusting numbers and mechanics. The healing could be lower for reapers if ANet thinks it's overpowered for that spec.

@Nimon.7840 said:

I am not sure if it does. The few moments when I casted it on a moving target it tried to predict the movement destination and then flew in a straight line to that point. I can't tell for sure if it then further adjusts its movement direction.

I casted it on a moving target and it made a curve to hit the target at the very end. I think that needs further testing

• Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Both are useless in pve. Probably not even worth using since both can't crit. Wh doesn't even do 4k dmg fully buffed. Shroud auto hits for 9-10k.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Both are useless in pve. Probably not even worth using since both can't crit. Wh doesn't even do 4k dmg fully buffed. Shroud auto hits for 9-10k.

Kind of why I lean to just consider it a lifeforce tool now. But if you have to range for any reason, then focus outclasses warhorn and chains well with the axe till you can get up close and switch to gs.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

@James.1065 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:

I casted it on a moving target and it made a curve to hit the target at the very end. I think that needs further testing

After testing it today I can say: Yes it is a homing projectile. So it's not too bad.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

It's not comparable.

edit:

It's a mess!

Let's be careful ... making everything consistently heal ... or not ... in Shroud has significant balance implications on these skills that also affect non-shroud healing. Personally, I think life steal should work in shroud and actual heals should not ... a thematic reason that I won't bore people with.

I agree with the crit inconsistencies ... those are still weapons, so why can't the damage crit Anet?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:

It's not comparable.

edit:

It's a mess!

Let's be careful ... making everything consistently heal ... or not ... in Shroud has significant balance implications on these skills that also affect non-shroud healing. Personally, I think life steal should work in shroud and actual heals should not ... a thematic reason that I won't bore people with.

I agree with the crit inconsistencies ... those are still weapons, so why can't the damage crit Anet?

I understand where you coming from. Another option instead of transfusion healing the Reaper would be that it heals allies and grants the Reaper Lifeforce (similar to Tainted Shackles)

I have been experimenting with Warhorn traited with Banchee wail and Sanctuary Runes. (Also these runes are working super good with the new Soul eater)

Together this increases the locust swam buff to 8 sec duration which feels great with the interval speed of 0,5 sec = 16 ticks vs 10 and additionally this set up grants 25 secs speed buff - which makes it perma speed! (If cast on every CD of 24 sec)

@James.1065 said:
    I have been experimenting with Warhorn traited with Banchee wail and Sanctuary Runes. (Also these runes are working super good with the new Soul eater)

Together this increases the locust swam buff to 8 sec duration which feels great with the interval speed of 0,5 sec = 16 ticks vs 10 and additionally this set up grants 25 secs speed buff - which makes it perma speed! (If cast on every CD of 24 sec)

I tested sanctuary runes as well. With an extreme leeching set (dagger/warhorn + axe/focus with blood and leeching sigil as well as soul eater and bloodmagic traitline)
    And it still felt very bad...
    The values you get are just too small and might end up in only 1000-3000 extra health in a fight. But you loose a lot of dmg with sanctuary rune or a lot of different sustain (durability rune for example)

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭

@James.1065 said:

Banshee + Warhorn has always provided perma swiftness. The difference is now it doesn’t cripple (bug), doesn’t crit, and the duration is halved. I’m on the fence about the Focus change, but Warhorn 5 is a through and through massive nerf.

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@James.1065 said:

Banshee + Warhorn has always provided perma swiftness. The difference is now it doesn’t cripple (bug), doesn’t crit, and the duration is halved. I’m on the fence about the Focus change, but Warhorn 5 is a through and through massive nerf.

I fully agree but without the speed you may as well pick a note and camp it cause it takes half the game to cross from close to far!

@Nimon.7840 said:

@James.1065 said:

I tested sanctuary runes as well. With an extreme leeching set (dagger/warhorn + axe/focus with blood and leeching sigil as well as soul eater and bloodmagic traitline)
    The values you get are just too small and might end up in only 1000-3000 extra health in a fight. But you loose a lot of dmg with sanctuary rune or a lot of different sustain (durability rune for example)

What I like about the new Soul eater and Sanctuary rune combo is the healing and barrier you get while in shroud.

When using them with soul reaping and spite trait lines and with reapers onslaught you can sustain your shroud a lot longer by "protecting" it with a barrier and push out some serious damage at the same time.

@James.1065 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:

@James.1065 said:

What I like about the new Soul eater and Sanctuary rune combo is the healing and barrier you get while in shroud.

When using them with soul reaping and spite trait lines and with reapers onslaught you can sustain your shroud a lot longer by "protecting" it with a barrier and push out some serious damage at the same time.

interesting thought, would it make up for not using scholar? Though id imagine it falls when having another source of barrier

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.